Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are those customers that believe they shouldn't have to go through any downtime at all, this isn't realistic to say the least, but when it happens they normally flock together and join the local forum where they denounce the service and ignore what could have been a pretty good service record overall. This isn't fair on the host.
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like midphase had a problem and dealt with it as best they can but you over reacted.
    I feel the same way. If I were a potential midphase customer I would pay a visit to their forums though and take a serious look, just to be sure...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Executive
    All I know is, those who were customers before me had complaints, those who were customers during my time there had complaints and when I went back to visit the forum customers after me had complaints.

I can not offer any more evidence of their service than that.
    I'm not saying that we don't get an ocassional complaint, because we do. We deal with several thousand customers, so that's inevitable. However, we do our best to rectify the issue, and thats why you don't see customers saying that their issue wasn't corrected or addressed.

Where you are seeing these gobs of complaints is beyond me. I will tell that you pretty regularly a customer will report in the boards that a server is down, but it ends up being a router issue with is quickly corrected, and is probably something that every host is prone to. We also have a fairly large number of servers, so ocassionally one of them may be having an issue that a tech needs to correct. On the flipside, the customer is frequently right in saying a server is down, and more-times than none a tech is already rebooting it or getting it back up.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for your site, but in your particular case your servers harddrive was having issues, which is again something that every host is up against (even MN-Robert). We did our best to correct this issue as fast as possible, and it turned out quite successful in terms of no data being lost. We sign up a large number of accounts per day, and our shared hosting brand (midphase.com) attracts a lot of first-time webmasters, so frequently customers end up finding that the issue is on their end. For instance, if I had a dollar for everytime I customer decided to cancel because their domain wasn't ready instantly I could retire. (propogation time).

Zak
    Last edited by zakboca; 03-21-2004 at 07:06 PM.
    CEO of SingleHop
      0 Not allowed!

Well make your own decisions. I'm glad I'm not with midphase. This thread was my opinion.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?
      0 Not allowed!

Yet another unhappy midphase customer. Seems to be a lot of them.

No wonder really..... they are spread thinner than the meat on the sandwiches in a homeless shelter. Last week their customers went without support because two guys were "out of town", and one customer had been waiting, for what seemed like an eternity for a refund. In the complaint thread last week, these midphase guys showed up with nothing but weak excuses, and then had the nerve to request the thread be closed (which of course, the great WHT staff did NOT do). I guess the truth hurts sometimes, but luckily the staff here is fair and honest, and they don't close threads with legitimate concerns and complaints.

The fact is, midphase has only been around barely a year, and they have now started 4 different hosting companies, so it's no suprise their customers are suffering. I'm most certainly not the first to say this but maybe if I use bold letters, it will finally sink in to them......

Hey midphase, maybe try to run ONE company the RIGHT way, and do it for more than a few months, before you start another one, and another one, and another one. Get the picture? Think about it.

A shame really.....
      0 Not allowed!

Gen-T,

When you deal with volumn (a lot of customers) you will have a few
    people who are not happy regardless of how hard you try. All of our
    brands are designed to generate signups. We do a lot of them and that
    is why we are a successful firm. Your being very, very ignorant if you
    think having multiple brands is bad for a business...

We run a single company with four brands, but once staff that runs them
    all. In fact, our customers are NOT suffering. they are happy. We just
    plugged in three new Duel Xeon servers that we *OWN*, not rent,
    into our *own* rack at Equinix Chicago.

You are just being ignorant and ignoring the picture that he was never
    really a customer, he never used our service. So I will be bold too:

READ before you talk. Don't assume. You'll make just make yourself
    look silly.
    Simply thinking that because we have four successful
    brands that our service is poor is flawed and ignorant. We provide
    a true 24/7 service and own our hardware, and do our absolute best
    to take care of our customers.

Executive never gave our service a chance. He signed up and cancelled
    almost immediatly. Then insisted on special treatment. Silly, yes.
    Overreaction, yes.

Ok, I'm done ranting. I just don't like ignorant people.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

First off Dan, you really seem to have a problem with getting personal, and calling people names when they simply state facts, or disagree with your obviously ego-driven statements. I've seen it many times from you midphase guys before, so I guess I'm just your latest victim.

Anyway, just to clarify a few things.....

There are customers of yours all over the web complaining about your poor service, poor support, and even your poor attitude. This is not the only forum. This is the best forum..... but not the only one.

Most new businesses fail in the first 12-18 months, and your parent company hasn't even been around that long yet, but you decided to start 3 others already?

Having multiple brands is a good thing indeed.....WHEN you are ready, and stable enough to support them, which you are obviously not. Another example of this was when two of you left town last week, and customers went without support, and even had their trouble tickets cancelled multiple times. This sir, is a major sign of being spread too thin.

So rant all you want to. Doesn't change the facts.

I will leave it at that. I won't get in an argument. Good day sir!
      0 Not allowed!

Gen-T,

I'm not name calling, I'm standing up for my business. Yes, *MOST*
    small business fail within the first year. midPhase is not one of them.

The fact of the matter is you are an outsider here. You don't know
    anything about my company, or my support team. Correct me if I am
    wrong but you arn't a customer. When I was out of town and so was
    Zak our techs were still here. Stop making assumptions, and no one
    has ever gone without support. Zak and I never answer technical tickets,
    anyways... they are handled exclusivly by our techs.

Finally, no one started three new business. We baught ThrillHost and
    we started two new brands. Brands are shells, not separate companies.
    If you take a closer look they all use the same billing system and same
    ticket system. Same servers, same techs. The only thing that is different
    are the site designs and the packages.

Please, learn before you talk. You don't know the facts.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Well as a FORMER insider I can concur that the service, support (as you can see here) attitude are so far below what I was used to that I was not willing to wait around and 'hope' things got better. I only needed to see my site down for more than a few hours and I was gone.

You can bring the whole midphase staff here to argue the opposite. The purpose of this thread was a warning to others.
      0 Not allowed!

Earl,

You never actually tried our service, shurly you can admit to that.
    You signed up and after getting a plan that was no longer offered
    by somehow getting to an old thrillhost page that wasn't deleted
    and then cancelled a day later. Alec said he was very polite to you
    on the phone, and while I was unable to reach you I shurly would
    be polite to you as well.

The fact of the matter is you were never an insider. You saw that we
    had some small downtime and didn't test the waters for yourself, then
    demanded special treatment when you cancelled.

We host a lot of people, in the five figures, and while our service is
    not as personal as some would like it, it is good. Were fast to respond
    to support tickets and equally quick to resolve server issues. My staff
    is here 24/7, and sometimes Zak and I are too. I know as a true insider,
    someone who comes in every day to our office, that we do our absolute
    best to provide a good service. Growing pains, server crashes and an
    occational random issue here and there do happen. When they do we
    resolve them.

I'm willing to issue a refund for your account and give you a time credit
    for your troubles on top of that so you can try the midPhase account
    out on me, maybe after you've used our services (and by used I mean
    really, really used) you can comment on their quality and our attitued
    to our customers.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm with a provider that truly has 99.9% uptime and quickly...no immediately responds to any problems whether that be via their forum or trouble ticket. To be honest, I felt embarrased to admit to them that I tried the services at midphase.

Hopefully others will find a provider as good as the one I have.

Go Rochen!
      0 Not allowed!

Well as a FORMER insider I can concur that the service, support (as you can see here) attitude are so far below what I was used to that I was not willing to wait around and 'hope' things got better. I only needed to see my site down for more than a few hours and I was gone.

You can bring the whole midphase staff here to argue the opposite. The purpose of this thread was a warning to others.
    Midphase is right, you were not a true insider, you joined up at a bad time and got scared off
      0 Not allowed!

I'm with a provider that truly has 99.9% uptime and quickly...no immediately responds to any problems whether that be via their forum or trouble ticket. To be honest, I felt embarrased to admit to them that I tried the services at midphase.

Hopefully others will find a provider as good as the one I have.

Go Rochen!
    You did not really give the guys enough of a chance here, you have your opinion and there is nothing they or anyone else can do to change that now.

They have admitted to a problem and fixed this and from what I have seen here they would have worked with you to fix any problems you might have had with their service.

As for forums they are not a true reflection on any company, unhappy customers are always the most vocal. I would like to bet that for each and every unhappy customer there are 100's of happy ones I know thats the case for us there is just no pleasing some people.
      0 Not allowed!

Well good luck to midphase then. Just (as the description in this section indicates) giving my bad experience.
      0 Not allowed!

You upped and left after a few hours downtime?

Downtime happens- there's very little to escape it unless you are paying to bucks.

Having read through this thread I do not think you gave them the chance. They appear to have tackled the problem as quickly as possible. I cannot see what more they were supposed to do for you.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Ok to repeat myself, it was not just my problems that convinced me, it was reading the problems many of their customers were having in their forum that made me move. And it was not problems from that particular occurance but many of their customers reported downtimes over weeks!

I did not want to be in the same predicament as they were. I'm sure you can understand that.
      0 Not allowed!

Well I'm an outsider, I have to say that I have never used your service midphase.com. But I also have to say that I NEVER will.

And the reason that I will never use your service is not because of some dissagreement on how many servers that you have, or about having to wait 14 days for a refund. I will never sign up with you because of the way that you handle yourselves when answering questions, or making comments on this message board. You guys act like kids, insulting people, saying they are silly and ignorant. As a company that is fine to think that about your customers but you never say that to them, no matter how much they may be silly and ignorant.

I'm looking for a web hosting company. After reviewing many different companys yours was one of the ones that I was thinking about going with. But to be sure, I went to yahoo and typed in your name, just to see what came up. This great message board came up, and I started reading.

At this point I have read enough. If you guys continue down this same road, and don't start treating people with respect, no matter how hard it is, you won't be around much longer. This is a public forum, do you really want people to judge your company based on your posts? I did, and I think I just saved myself from a bad company.

Myth_3
      0 Not allowed!

Hello....

I am a customer. For the first 3 weeks, my site was down daily, due to some issues they were having. Support response was always very quick, if underwhelming in the answers (sorry for the inconvenience, it's fixed now). I almost left, the only reason I didn't was because I was outside my 14 days refund. I demanded to be moved to a different server, and was. Since then, it's the fastest performance I have every had (been with 3 hosts).

Support was always fast. I don't agree with things they say in regards to what acceptable server load is (they say 4 is okay with 2 hyperthreaded cpu's, I don't agree.) And they do backups in the day (support answers site is slow cause we are backing up) But.... my site is blazing fast, and it's been solid since it was moved.

At the moment, I am quite happy, especially on the offering to price aspect.

My 3 cents.
      0 Not allowed!

I think this thread has gotten totally useless.
    It's like a cat-fight between Executive, and the midphase team.

I think I'm safe to say that there isn't -anything- left to say that is constructive.
    Cameron
    HostCaters Web Services
    http://www.hostcaters.com
      0 Not allowed!

I am certainly not arguing with executive. I clearly said that he should contact me to take care of his refund. Afterall, it was our hard drive that had problems, so we do take responsibility for it, but other hosts coming in and acting as if a hard drive issue somehow relates to our support is insane. We work very hard to give customers the best support that we can, but like any other host we are at mercy to the hardware.

Zak
    CEO of SingleHop
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12