Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would think that if those people are paying to have your requests sent directly to them, they would'nt ignore it, unless it was way over the top.

Originally posted by NexDog
    Yep, that's why it's there.

sounds like bs

its only for the big boys . the little guys cant compete anymore.

face it, its so the new owner of wht can make money. it sucks to see a website built on helping people without guaging them go down the drain

seems like a trend on the internet now

Originally posted by webrats
    sounds like bs

face it, its so the new owner of wht can make money. it sucks to see a website built on helping people without guaging them go down the drain
    1. This forum is not going down the drain. For every unhappy person I see 100 happy ones.

2. The owner needs to have a source of revenue, because this place eats a lot of bandwidth.

3. Everyone is equal here. Big boys, small boys, gay boys, even girls.

Why, just moments ago I had the honor of talking to Dan from midphase (self-proclaimed entrepreneur of the year), who has started no less than 4 hosting companies in 12 months, and I don't even have a single hosting company. A big important man like that talking to little'ol me. He even called me ignorant. I bet he wouldn't have even talked to me on the street, but at WHT we are on equal ground. You got to love it.

Originally posted by webrats
    sounds like bs

seems like a trend on the internet now
    I don't have a leads account, simply because I don't currently have the time to watch the section and respond to requests.

I just have to completely disagree with you that "its only for the big boys". The leads membership is reasonably priced and is within reach of any host (who is a real host) in my opinion. This cost to the participating hosts tips the odds in the customers favor if only just a little.

Does Inet make some money? I'm sure they probably do.

How does the website built on helping people go down the drain? I don't get this line of thinking. If you consider getting an outrageously oversold account from a fly-by-night host a success then I'd hate to see failure.
    Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

Originally posted by doot
    And that would be ?
    Because people shouldn't be funding your piggy bank. Hosting is a business and with it comes responsibility. People pay you to look after their data and to support their needs. If you can't afford 50 bucks or whatever it is, that says alot about your business. It's probably teetering on the edge of survival - hardly a stable platform for webrats to host his sites.

HostQuote costs to join for a few reasons. In a sense, it does weed out the kids (but I'm sure some kids do very well and are dedicated to what they do). Also it protects the people requesting hosting. When it was a free-for-all so many people got scammed that WHT decided they had a responsibility to protect their user base.

And they get trashed for it........

Strange.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Originally posted by ExtremeIS
    I don't have a leads account, simply because I don't currently have the time to watch the section and respond to requests.

I just have to completely disagree with you that "its only for the big boys". The leads membership is reasonably priced and is within reach of any host (who is a real host) in my opinion. This cost to the participating hosts tips the odds in the customers favor if only just a little.

Does Inet make some money? I'm sure they probably do.

How does the website built on helping people go down the drain? I don't get this line of thinking. If you consider getting an outrageously oversold account from a fly-by-night host a success then I'd hate to see failure.
    For the last time. midPhase is the only web host I have anything
    to do with. We have several brands.

General Motors owns several car companies, but in the end a GM
    is a GM. Regardless if it has a Pontiac or a Chevy badge on it, it
    is still a GM car. Same thing with midPhase and it's brands. Why is
    this simple thing so hard to understand?

I've used various hostquote type tools before and have found them
    non-impressing. They are usually either people looking for something
    custom, which is something that when done in volumn is hard to manage.

Inet makes a lot of money... more power to them. They run a great
    bunch of sites that are host to a great bunch of people and a wealth
    of great information. Good work Ryan, Gabe and Crew.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

I'm pretty tired so I may be missing something here Dan, but I think you might have quoted the wrong person, I'm not seeing anything in my post that relates to yours.

Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

Wow, you are right. That was ment to be for Gen-T. That is what I
    get for not sleeping day after day after day after...day.

I guess that is what I get for running a web host. While normal people
    sleep, I respond to post on WHT occationally slapping myself to keep
    me awake

Dan
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Originally posted by ExtremeIS
    Dan, but I think you might have quoted the wrong person, I'm not seeing anything in my post that relates to yours.
    Originally posted by midphase-Dan
    Wow, you are right. That was ment to be for Gen-T....
    Stop stalking me Dan, or I will call the forum police on you.

At least quit responding to (imaginary) posts that I never made. That's just creepy.

LOL

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    Great deals can sometimes be perfect. But for a long time the request forums used to be filled with people who sold hosting and would not be in business next month or even next week...

That was the biggest complaint with the forums. Now that we require payment to use the leads, atleast people can get quotes from companies with some kind of budget
    I agree with you, Prohacker. I submitted a request yesterday, and all 7 hosts who responded so far I've heard of and known to have been in business for a reasonable period of time (except for 1 or 2 who are fairly new). This is compared to in the past when I made a request on the forums and had 90% of the respondents throwing unbelievable offers at me. Sufficient to note that at least 80% of these guys are no longer around now

Originally posted by NexDog
    Because people shouldn't be funding your piggy bank. Hosting is a business and with it comes responsibility. People pay you to look after their data and to support their needs. If you can't afford 50 bucks or whatever it is, that says alot about your business. It's probably teetering on the edge of survival - hardly a stable platform for webrats to host his sites.

HostQuote costs to join for a few reasons. In a sense, it does weed out the kids (but I'm sure some kids do very well and are dedicated to what they do). Also it protects the people requesting hosting. When it was a free-for-all so many people got scammed that WHT decided they had a responsibility to protect their user base.

And they get trashed for it........

Strange.
    So are you saying if I buy HOST QUOTE I will appear to have been in the business for years? LOL

d00t

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12