Enom, e-no or e-yes?

We all finally understood godaddy is bad very bad and their site is jammed with junk.
    Now, let's discuss enom. I would like to hear all negative stories here. Positive - I am not interested in. If you are postive on Enom, then you work for enom or you are their reseller which removes independence of opinion here.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    We all finally understood godaddy is bad very bad and their site is jammed with junk.
    Now, let's discuss enom. I would like to hear all negative stories here. Positive - I am not interested in. If you are postive on Enom, then you work for enom or you are their reseller which removes independence of opinion here.
    Here, let's discuss tucows.
    There are 3 major registrars: godaddy, enom and tucows. Others such as register.com and NSI we will just ignore.
    So what bad about 3cows?
    You started two threads just minutes apart, and you say that all you want to hear are bad things about these companies, and that anybody that says positive things is either an employee or a reseller.

How are we supposed to respond to that?
      0 Not allowed!

Negative - bugs in the system, support can be slow at times, downtime, same problems with nearly every registrar. Really you just need to find a registrar that suits your tastes.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting fellow is Ashley. Looking into it
      0 Not allowed!

enom would be bug free if their technology was based on *nix
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi
      0 Not allowed!

and club drop? can you blame that on windows?
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Enom, e-no or e-yes?

If you are postive on Enom, then you work for enom or you are their reseller which removes independence of opinion here.
    Good logic.

By the way, I don't like eNom very much, esp. their support ... or the lack of it.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey Ashley, eNom has their flaws like anyone else. GD's recent attacks were due to the IP banning of certain countries thereby locking out some of their existing customers.

My question for you - Are you asking this question because you truly want to know or are you trying to just dog eNom? Yes, I am pro-eNom but they have their warts just like us all.
      0 Not allowed!

It is just interesting to see what enom is all about. If it is based on windows most likely it is very slow. Is it?
    I prefer negative approach to things, articles and books. It helps to think clearly.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kohashi
    and club drop? can you blame that on windows?
    maybe dunno what technology they are using, windows have to think twice before doing it

unix thinks and does the right job in the same time
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

0 Not allowed!

Ashley: you could try doing your own research instead. There is a search feature for a reason. I also dont believe that you are finding out 'what enom is about' or anyone is about just by asking for the bad things. How does that tell you anything? You get a skewed view of everything and get an un-indepedant view. Your whole logic seems only out to bash enom. And tucows in your other thread. I suggest you take a new approach to finding information about companies.
      0 Not allowed!

If it is based on windows most likely it is very slow.
    thats like saying "my car runs on diesel, therefore is must be very slow" all it does is show how little you know or understand about anything.

Different technology for different jobs, whether is fast/slow depends on the h/ware and connectivity behind it - you cuold have the fastest machine, with the most tuned unix based o/s on the planet, and if it's on a sh!te internet connection it''s going to be slower than a x86 running bloatware ...

I prefer negative approach to things, articles and books. It helps to think clearly.
    but all you get is a skewed negative view on it - *evrything* has bad points, most people are interested in the good ones, after all they're the features you'll actually use.

so, you've bashed opensrs, and now enom ... only another 140 or so ICANN registrars to go ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by othellotech
    so, you've bashed opensrs, and now enom ... only another 140 or so ICANN registrars to go ... [/B]
    Funny
    Domain Maven
      0 Not allowed!

I support the other 140 registrars. I strongly suggest to this forum to ban NSI, Verisign, Enom, Register.com, Godaddy and Tucows/OpenSRS. Let's fight the monopolies! Give others the road to ride!
      0 Not allowed!

I support the other 140 registrars. I strongly suggest to this forum to ban NSI, Verisign, Enom, Register.com, Godaddy and Tucows/OpenSRS. Let's fight the monopolies! Give others the road to ride!
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, so what's next...going after ICANN?
      0 Not allowed!

I like the logic, fight the companies that are large because they all must have cheated, done bad things or some other atrocity.

I suggest you find another battle, your arguments are losing any validity very quickly. You name 6 companies and say 'MONO poly. One company. They all control different markets
    NSI/Register.com have big clients because they were two of the first and most advertised.
    Verisign no long owns NSI and has nothing to do with this.
    Enom controls a huge discount reseller market
    Godaddy has a huge retail discount market.
    Tucows has many very serious resellers looking for a very powerful and reliable system which surpasses just about any out there (maybe Fabulous gives them a run for their money? but I am not familiar enough with each to make that judgement)

Now, banning them? WHY? Just because they have done well? Should we ban all the webhosts who have done well too? How about microsoft? Ban the use of their name because they control such a huge market? If you care to justify that statement I would really appriciate some clarification.
      0 Not allowed!

Only thing I don't like is the service fee they charge to reload the account with funds.
      0 Not allowed!

send a check or a wire

0 Not allowed!

Yeah but it's not as convenient as a CC.
      0 Not allowed!

oh the cost of convinience is a plague sometimes.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kohashi
    I like the logic, fight the companies that are large because they all must have cheated, done bad things or some other atrocity.

I suggest you find another battle, your arguments are losing any validity very quickly. You name 6 companies and say 'MONO poly ...

Now, banning them? WHY? Just because they have done well? Should we ban all the webhosts who have done well too? How about microsoft? Ban the use of their name because they control such a huge market? If you care to justify that statement I would really appriciate some clarification.
    LOL! I guess one or more of the smaller guys (registrars) must have hired a hitman or something. But apparently they've hired the wrong guy.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.
      0 Not allowed!