Tucows or 3 cows?

Here, let's discuss tucows.
    There are 3 major registrars: godaddy, enom and tucows. Others such as register.com and NSI we will just ignore.
    So what bad about 3cows?
      0 Not allowed!

tucows' only disadvantage is price. Their services are great.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance
      0 Not allowed!

yeah their price is higher than most market place pricing $10/domain/year
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi
      0 Not allowed!

I 've heard that cows are fat, they do not work on weekends and their system is very complicated and not intuitive to use.
      0 Not allowed!

even enom doesn't work on weekends and their ticket system is SLOW in some cases due the forwarding of tickets to other depts.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    I 've heard that cows are fat, they do not work on weekends and their system is very complicated and not intuitive to use.
    Yes, they have lesser support over the weekend. But their backend is SOPHISTICATED and has been designed for professional resellers.

EDIT: I mean their reseller interface.
    Last edited by Nameslave; 03-21-2004 at 09:21 AM.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.
      0 Not allowed!

Retail interface for the customer- system is somewhat complicated and counter-intuitive. Management of large quantites of domains and push process difficult (for me anyway).

Reseller interface - not a clue

Hey A, playing fair are we?
    Last edited by eSology; 03-21-2004 at 09:23 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

even bulkregister's pushes as as hard as opensrs's if not more

they call it intratransfer and the gaining reseller have to approve it first!

0 Not allowed!

similar to godaddy?
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance
      0 Not allowed!

not THAT complicated

u just you the reseller handle + the domain and submit it

reseller accepts and domain is moved.

0 Not allowed!

godaddy is a real pain to do anything at they even lock the domain for 60 days after intra-registrar account change.
      0 Not allowed!

opensrs has a very good reputation and a number of their resellers have spawned off to become icann registrars themselves.
    Domain Maven
      0 Not allowed!

OpenSRS is a fat ***. They do not give any rights to their resellers. The advertize themselves everywhere. Their system is very complicated and very hard to use. Their pricing is very conservative. What else?
    Oh, yeah... They charge $1 to unregister domains. ********.
      0 Not allowed!

Is Tucows such a big registrar ? I've never heard people talk about them, and I've seen much less Tucows resellers than eNom resellers.
      0 Not allowed!

You need to read ICANN news!
    1. NSI 7,377,562
    2. Tucows over 4mln now active domains
    3. Godaddy 3,204,663
    4. Register.com 2,815,263
    5. Enom 2,504,184
    Data is 3 months old
      0 Not allowed!

You need to read ICANN news!
    1. NSI 7,377,562
    2. Tucows over 4mln now active domains
    3. Godaddy 3,204,663
    4. Register.com 2,815,263
    5. Enom 2,504,184
    Data is 3 months old
    and? This is old news
    Domain Maven
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kohashi
    godaddy is a real pain to do anything at they even lock the domain for 60 days after intra-registrar account change.
    Tell me about it. Just experienced this myself...again.
      0 Not allowed!

OpenSRS is a fat ***. They do not give any rights to their resellers. The advertize themselves everywhere. Their system is very complicated and very hard to use. Their pricing is very conservative.
    please backup this statement with some reasoning. Conservative pricing? 10$/domain? Most charge more than that, open your eyes. Their prices are far below many.

No rights to their reseller? what kind of rights?
      0 Not allowed!

Kohashi, have you ever had an account with Tucows?
    Have you ever read their discussions?
    I am just talking about my experience with Tucows. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    Let's say you register 25 domains per month. Price is $10
    Let's say you register 100 domains per month. Price is $10.
    Let's say you register 500 domains per month. Price is $10.
    What about 200/day? Also, the same $10.
    Nice!
      0 Not allowed!

Let's say you register 25 domains per month. Price is $10
    Let's say you register 100 domains per month. Price is $10.
    Let's say you register 500 domains per month. Price is $10.
    What about 200/day? Also, the same $10.
    Yes, OpenSRS/Tucows is very reluctant in granting discount off their $10 pricing, even with a couple of thousand names per year. BUT they DO render some discount, I know of people getting $9, and you could guess EV1 is NOT paying $10 either. Of course, if you just ask them "like that", you'll probably get answers "like that".
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by nameslave
    Yes, OpenSRS/Tucows is very reluctant in granting discount off their $10 pricing, even with a couple of thousand names per year. BUT they DO render some discount, I know of people getting $9, and you could guess EV1 is NOT paying $10 either. Of course, if you just ask them "like that", you'll probably get answers "like that".
    Tell me about it. I have talked with them in person.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kohashi
    please backup this statement with some reasoning. Conservative pricing? 10$/domain? Most charge more than that, open your eyes. Their prices are far below many.

No rights to their reseller? what kind of rights?
    He probably meant the resellers don't get the freebies some other registrars give away, like email forwarding and DIY website design.

What you get for 10 bucks is a domain name and that is it.
      0 Not allowed!

yeah $10/name and THATS it no free services included like dns hosting or so like enom or most other registrars offer.

0 Not allowed!

Tucows offers dns hosting for additional fees. Indeed, they have no discounts on domain names no matter how many you buy. Despite all of that, they were advertized by their resellers so good that they now have over 4mln domain names. Now, this forum makes the same mistake over and over again. This forum advertizes only enom and others they close with ***. Nice public relation job, guys.
      0 Not allowed!

bulkregister rates also high and dns is for charge, when i left them it was 9.5/domain since i passed the 50 domains registration per month that time.

the more you register per month your rate goes lower starting from $12 - 8 i think

0 Not allowed!

others they close with ***. Nice public relation job, guys.
    Good public relations start with the parent company, if they send in their shills and affiliates to spam for them, then that's when our **** comes into practice.
      0 Not allowed!

Ashley,
    I have used OpenSRS but use enom for pricing and consolidation. If you are upset because you cannot get a discount from them that is fine. You can always go somewhere else and be charged up to $35/domain if you want.

Censored companies aren't censored because we are against them, but they did something to violate the rules and have been blocked because of it. If you really think WHT is about censorship I strongly advise you take a minute and think about what allegations you are really making.
      0 Not allowed!