Did anyone see dawn of the dead?

What was the story really about?

All i get is

1 person got bitten

then the next day it spread

shooting and gruesome fighting

survivors left and arrived in an island

The following is what I didn't quite understand:

1) WTF was it? A virus? Who made it and how it came to be?

2) Was it the end of the world or just that part of the city?

I hope i'm not the only one confused
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

you might want to tell people that those are spoilers, and change the text color to the BG of the page...
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

ok im more confused now lol
    Synergy Blue LLC

You ruined the ending of the movie for anyone clicking on this link. I simply asked that you edit your post so that the text is "invisible" - the same color of the background. Now though, it's too late to edit.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by VapoRub
    ok im more confused now lol
    Basically you spoiled the movie for whoever didn't see it. If you put that you are posting a spoiler change the text to the same color as the background so the users have to use the mouse to highlight the text to read it, so the movie isn't quickly ruined from reading it accidently like i just did..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

What's funny is I just watched Cabin Fever on PPV, and it ran pretty much exactly as you described this movie..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Whelp mods please delete thread.... I cant edit it.
    Synergy Blue LLC

LOL, the movie sucked overall..Badly put together.

The beginning was nice in that it started right in the middle of the action..But NOTHING was explained, absolutely nothing.

It seemed more like a video game, rather than a movie with a plot or developing characters.

It was just "shoot the zombies", and run for your life..and don't get bitten.

Sorely disappointed

Rating: 5/10

I didn't like it but it was as good as a zombie movie can get

yea i watched it as a kid with my mates, bloody great they are the shopping mall one is up there with the greats. but the story goes on, once they get away from the shopping center in the hellecopter they land on an island and go undergrpound where all sorts of stuff happens they even have a pet zombie

best bit of a zombie film ever is a film that i have forgotten the tittle to, but it is on a desert island right at the start of the movie when a chick barricades herself into a bedroom using a chest of draws, the zombie punches a hole in the door and grabs her hair and drags her towards the hole with jagged bits of wood sticking out, then it cuts to a close up of her eye getting closer and closer to the jagged bit untill it just starts to press on the cornea then 'pop' it slide into her eye and then her brain and out the other side classic zombie action makes you wince when you see it.........

Sounds a bit like 28 Days Later

Originally posted by Velostream
    Sounds a bit like 28 Days Later
    Was about to say that. I do enjoy a good zombie movie though and will be buying it on DVD.. probably won't see it in the cinema though.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

28 days later? is that a good film then..

ugh -_-

The first one is unbeatable :/

I hear everyone saying is the sequel to the first one? Is the first one really Night of the living dead? (awesome movie!) or was there another older version of dawn of the dead?

I saw this yesterday, I honestly thought it was funnier than scary, and You'd have to see it to know why I thought that.

The original movie was the only movie I've ever walked out of.
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

funniest bit i saw in one of the films was when they stop the chopper at a petrol station or something and while waiting a zombie walks towards them climbs onto a box to get at them and gets the top of his head sliced off with the rotor blade, lol he looks stunned and starts bleeding out of the big hole lots then falls over

I saw the movie yesterday.

The beginning was nice but after awhile it got repetitive

And I never quite got the story, if there was one in the first place!

This is what I got of it...

Extreme Spoiler Alert - I need to expound upon the plot some to explain.

1) WTF was it? A virus? Who made it and how it came to be?
    In the very beginning you see a hospital scene where the nurse works basically a full day's shift. They are talking about a man who got bit in the hand by some animal and the doctor is questioning the nurse because she handed him an X-ray of the man's head.

The man was bitten by a rabid animal of some sort... It's kind of like rabies except this one makes humans go crazy and not animals. This 'virus' could inhabit inside a human body and kill human mind - therefore, the zombies came about.

2) Was it the end of the world or just that part of the city?
    I assume it was the end of the world because the few survivors headed to the island thinking they were going to be safe. For all those people who stood up in the theatre when the credit were coming up - thinking it was the end - missed out on the conclusion of the film. Or - even worse- the inconsiderate people who just stood there watching the rest of the footages while everyone else was telling all of them to sit down. Anyways, it was the end of the world because the zombies were in the island as well... supporting the assumption that this 'virus' was carried innocently to other continents like how it seemed to have been carried to that small island.

You see them finding Steven's video camera in his boat and they film bits and pieces of the end. Some of it really doesn't make any sense logically but here it is... when they left with the boat... you could see the island in the background. But the short footages made it look like it took a week for them to reach the island. All between that time, their foot supply went bad (they showed the maggots). There was a fire on the boat. And they ran out of gas. Lastly, you should've seen that when they arrived in the island- the dog went off barking... attracting the attentions of the all the island's zombies. The last thing you see is them trying to fight them off but whoever holding the camera went down (either got bitten) or threw the camera down and back to the boat.

So the ending... is up to our imagination.

1) Either the 5 or whatever of them went back to the boat and floated away to die by hunger.

2) Or all of them turned to zombies...

There are, of course, other possibilities but they didn't give us with enough footages to conclude with a final heroic savior of the human race... and since zombie movies are supposed to end with just a "that's was it" feeling - I assume thats that... I think it's safe to assume.. that was it

Out of the 3 zombie movies I've seen in my entire life, this was the best so far. 28 Days Later was nothing but a joke, if you liked 28Dayslater, go see Dawn... Resident Evil... was just dumb.
    Last edited by alpha; 03-21-2004 at 06:10 PM.

I was to see Dawn of the Dead, but the best Zombie movies I have seen are The Return of the Living Dead and The Return of the Living Dead 2 both great movies considering they were made in the 1980s.

Resident Evil I was alittle disappointed on because it had nothing to do regarding the game. Resident Evil 2 is due out July 1, 2004 I believe. Its suppose to be more based on the game with at least 1 charcter I know of... Jill Valentine
    Kerry Jones

I saw the movie and I liked it though the ending was very open minded (which I hate some times). The start of the movie I didnt understand right away (though I did at the end when I thought about it more) how they became zombies in the first place.

Out of a 10 I would say a 8

Haven't seen it yet. The first was more funny than scary. Tom Savini did make a sequal to Dawn of The Dead called Day of the Dead that tried to explain and sum up the events in the previous movies. It has been so long since I have seen this one(can't find it in local video stores) so I don't remember the fate of human kind.

I chose to go see Secret Window instead. Awesome movie.