* SpamAssassin (catching good mail)

Do you know what causes that "MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT" flag to be set? It's adding a whopping 3.3 hits to my legitimate emails sent from a PHP app (a thank you for your order message).

According to http://au2.spamassassin.org/tests.html it was added because "Message-Id was added by a relay"... but what the heck does that mean? Is that because the mail server is named server1.MYHOSTINGCOMPANY.net?

If so, do you know any way to make it send these through the mail.MYSHAREDHOSTINGCUSTOMERSNAME.com server (which is just an alias for the same server)?

(SPAM ASSASSAIN, EXIM, CPANEL, FILTER)
    Last edited by gordita; 03-20-2004 at 11:18 PM.

I think that this is because exim or cppop is adding two "Recieved from" headers to ever peice of mail that gets sent through my servers.

Could someone else with Cpanel send themselves a test message and see if they get the same double headers and spam assassian flag raised?

I believe you can either, change the struture of the email. or set a lower score in the spam assassin rule.

I have no problem sending to a local account from php, with Spam Assassin. I did get that error once when I had the email generate all the data in 1 straight line. Are you adding any headers to the mail via PHP ?
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

I'm only added the "From" header, but I notice that even when I send myself an email from outlook express that it ads two "Recieved From" headers