Thread: 1/4 split rack

1/4 split rack

Hi!

We are looking at leasing some cage, and I would like to have a few racks much the same as redbus offers as interShelf. That is a standard rack split in 4 - with four shelfs and four doors.

Anyone knows where to find som rack's of this type?

Thanks

There 42U racks divided into 10U with shelfs dividing the 10U's and keyed doors per cabinent right? Air Flow at top, and clear doors on front?

You need to buy some for your DC or you asking where to find a place to rent space like this?
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

I am asking for a good place to by, or a good brand - where I will find four doors as an option. Maybe not the most expensive stuff on the block

The floor place I got covered good.
    Last edited by bjarne; 03-21-2004 at 08:33 AM.

Re: 1/4 split rack

We are looking at leasing some cage, and I would like to have a few racks much the same as redbus offers as interShelf. That is a standard rack split in 4 - with four shelfs and four doors.
    you possibly dont want exactly the *same* ones as interhouse, as they have 4 doors at the front but only 1 door at the rear, better are the 4*11u units with 4 doors at the front, 4 at the rear

http://www.othellotech.net/images/datacentreracks.jpg
    is the rear of an OthelloShelf unit showing the rear security panel, we have them made for us by the same co that makes the redbus units, just to a higher spec.

exact pricing varies on how many you want, but the door sets are over 400, so you can guess from that.

if you're caging off, and looking at the 4*11u systems then presumably you're thinking of allowing client access, have you found a supplier for all your racks, or are you only looking @ the quarters, you might find it's better to stick with one manufacturer, so that all the spares/doors/shelves/nuts&bolts etc are interchangeable ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Thanks - good advice. I basicly need only on or two racks realy.

We are mostly using shelfs, and that's why we want some floor area, it more convinient to work on. But I have some clients who wants access, and for those I want a small area with racks. Only need one or two I suppose.

So I guess we can get our company name same way as redbus then? That would look nice on some pictures

Is it poosble to depend on redbus hands on service?

>I basicly need only on or two racks realy.

min order of the 4*11u is 5, best price iobtained when you buy 25+

> But I have some clients who wants access, and for those I want a small area with racks. Only need one or two I suppose.

if all you need is a couple of racks, then it's going to be expensiev getting a144sqft cage built. there are a couple of other possibilities - PM me for details...

>So I guess we can get our company name same way as redbus then?
    > That would look nice on some pictures

we're getting some doors for our suites made with our name cut into them and in the corporate colour-scheme, 285 per door (min order 10) +vat & delivery
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I use SouthCO. Highly recomended.

http://web01.crucialservers.net/im/10UCBE.jpg

This images is looking in from the back, and the back has mesh. Front and back have keyed entry.

http://web01.crucialservers.net/im/42U.jpg

Here is a 42U next to 4 Cubes from the back.
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers