What Should I Do?

I need people to work for my in my support dept. Is it better to hire people from over the internet and hire people from WHT or is it better to hire an outside support company? Which is cheaper and which is better?

Re: What Should I Do?

Originally posted by gghosting
    I need people to work for my in my support dept. Is it better to hire people from over the internet and hire people from WHT or is it better to hire an outside support company? Which is cheaper and which is better?
    Just depends what you are more comfortable with.

Cheaper? Outsourcing
    Better? Depends what you mean by better.

You need to do some research on your own to figure out which is best for you.

Depends on your budget..

Depends on what you need in terms of "support" and also, as DanX mentioned, on your budget.

I think over the long haul, you'll do better with your own in-house support folks. Now, by "in-house" I mean folks who work for your company exclusively as opposed to being an outsourced support company.

If you find folks you can trust, telecommuting is absolutely an option and it can work well. Later as you expand, you'll probably want to setup an office and build part of your staff in that manner.

However, if you are swamped and on a budget, you may want to utilize an outsourced support company rather then let your customer support suffer - or overwhelm you!
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Re: Re: What Should I Do?

Originally posted by aragon
    ahfdhqaljka;ldfkunq9348ampeoitaj;sdlkf
    jalKSD8945'yij*(9349064jyihafkl;djner89
    jDLKN#$98bn;relibhmj;sfh89kg90j;256l
    JLSDF:G5'79wt09fg0a-s457'sj'gsa,rn5u9tg

advil please!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

The advantage to inhouse is its much easier to monitor Quality and Control.

The disadvantage is that in the beginning you are paying a worker for doing very little work. Your cost per ticket is really high if your $2000 a month worker answers 4 tickets your first month.

Thats why your budget is key. In house is best, but outsourcing is better than bankruptcy. An alternative is to have inhouse for busy times, then outsource for the night.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Ben Franklin
    Twice Tied Laces

It really depends on your buget. Try asking a friend to help out perhaps

As everyone else has said, it really depends on your circumstances.

What cdgcommerce has said is very true, the best is always in-house support. You cannot really do better than that, however of course it will cost you a lot more than outsourcing, yet again it is usually better quality.
    It really depends on your situation....

- If you want the best possible, in-house is the only way to go.

- If you have either a low budget or not a lot of clients, then outsourcing is certainly better for the moment.

- If you have a large budget however not a lot of clients, outsourcing is still good enough.

- If you have a low budget, yet a large number of clients.... you certainly have a problem on your hands!

Obviously for everyone, the situation is different, for all my consultancy clients I always recommend them to have in-house support as it will be better for them in the end, and they've always thanked me for it in the end... however, then again, maybe you're not lucky enough to have enough money to invest in in-house support.

If you'd give us more information on your situation, we may be able to give better advice.

I'd agree with Anjay. Your support needs to suit your business model. If you are high value then you need a full onsite team, if you are low value then you should consider exteral support teams as a more cost effective solution.

outsourced support will only be able to do so much to help your customers, they wont know your operations and way of running things as well as you would, and if you get in house staff, you can train them to say and act as you want, where as an outsourced company may send your customers more generic messages, which may not even be inline with your business practises and ethics

It depends which company you go with. If you go for a more expensive one, which only corporate companies go after, you get a much better line of service and better outsourced support, however this can become, at time, more expensive than hiring in-house support - because you're practically doing that, and paying the company their cut....