OK friends, explain THIS one....

There is a hosting domain, that is available to register, and (according to all reliable sources) has never been registered before. The interesting thing is that the domain/url has a Google PR6. How is this possible?

Well here are some additional facts I discovered....

A design firm (with a very high Google PR themselves) created a design for somebody that had planned on registering the name, but apparently never did. This design firm added a link to the domain/url in their portfolio, and were apparently unaware their client had never registered the domain and used their design. The one and only link (verified by multiple sources) to this domain/url is coming from that design firm.

So.... is it possible that a domain/url has acheived a Google PR6, even though it has never been registered or used, contains no content, and gets the standard page not found when typed in the browser? Or is this some kind of strange anomaly?

Should I go and register this hosting name?

You might want to... or you could send me a PM with the domain name.
    DStar

did you search google for all sites with a link to that domain? maybe there more

Originally posted by e39m5
    did you search google for all sites with a link to that domain? maybe there more
    Yep, even searched at marketleap. There is one link, and it comes from the design company. There is also no records in the archive, and no records of the domain ever being registered.

Weird huh?

If you aren't interested, I would be interested

Try looking at whois.sc and see if the domain is grey. that would mean it was registered previously and expired.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

hmm, NEVER been registered? i dont think so

check archive.org if the domain was forwarded to some URL does it take the PR of the target page?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Bashar, the domain is green at whois.sc, indicating never registered, and no records/matches at archive.org, and this is what makes me so fascinated by it. Very unusual, and I've checked every source I can think of.

Bashar, I'm going to send you a pm.

there are always weird things happening, I guess this is one of them. But PR really means nothing unless it is getting traffic.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Originally posted by kohashi
    there are always weird things happening, I guess this is one of them.
    Yeah, I guess so Kohashi. Very weird.

make sure it is the right PR for the domain you PM'ed me

maybe something false or reading the parent page PR
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

surely you cant have a PR for something thats not in the google archive, and if it's not registered it's not in thearchive

methinks some wires are crossed somewhere ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Sorry for asking this, but I'm new to all this. What is a google PR6?

The domain could have been registered a LONG time ago and then it dropped. WHOIS.sc is not a keeper of archives older than 2002.

Originally posted by timechange.com
    The domain could have been registered a LONG time ago and then it dropped. WHOIS.sc is not a keeper of archives older than 2002.
    Possible.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com