Notebook with p4 or Centrino?

Hi there im looking to buy a new Notebook my budget is like $1000 - $1200 Dls I was watching that the options of the processor are for that budget:

1.- P4 2.4 (more or less)
    2.- Centrino 1.3 or 1.5
    3.- Athlon XP 2600 (more or less)

What do you suggest ? what are youre experience with those in notebooks ?

Thnx
    Dan
    Last edited by dangol; 03-20-2004 at 07:10 PM.

Centrino - For Mobility
    P4 - For everyday use (Weight doesnt matter)
    AMD 2600 - For everyday use (Weight Doesnt matter)

I myself have a AMD Mobility 3200+ (64 Bit) and i love it, barely any loading time etc, but it ran me 2,000 as it is a gamers laptop (Radeon 9600 Mobility XT - 1024 Ram)

Do you not also get longer battery life with the Centrino?

Originally posted by blue27
    Do you not also get longer battery life with the Centrino?
    You do, but not necessarily. It all depends what kind of battery the particular laptop offers, and how much you are underclocking the chip. It's almost the same as a P4-Mobile.

I have a 12" screen, <3 lb. Centrino 1.5ghz Laptop by Asus, and it's amazingly portable. The battery life I get on 75% CPU is almost 2 hours. If I opted for the extended battery pack, it is said to do up to 7+ hours.

P.S. Keep in mind also, that the Centrino 1.5ghz is equivalent to a Pentium 4 2.4+
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

If you want portability/battery life, get an apple iBook/Powerbook 12" (I get 4 hours+ on one battery with CPU set on auto (speeds up when needed))

Otherwise get any PC laptop you want. Make sure its got a mobile processor in it (unlike most alienwares etc.) because you wont get more than 25 minutes battery life with those.
    Gone.

My centrino laptop gets 5 hours of battery life. It is a Toshiba Tecra. I use it primarily for work and linux runs great on it.

Actually you do get more battery life with centrino, while at CES the intel people described the centrino to go practically dead if it is idle.
    josh