DomeHost.com- Scam!

I got was scammed at domehost.com, but I got my money back from PayPal.

Just wanted to give everyone a warning.

Might want to give a few more details, so other don't become victims, or think you are just an upset customer here to "slam" them...
    Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

True. Someone might think that this is just one host bashing another unless you have some sort of specifics.

Scammed? How? What exactly happened? How long have you been with them?

at least u got your money back

OK, I filled out all the info and chose my package. Then I was taken to a page with an "invoice" I had to pay. I clicked the PayPal button, sent them the $16 and never heard from them. I submitted at least 25 support tickets (hey, if they rip me off I am going to have fun! :-P). Days went buy until I decided to file a PayPal Fraud Complaint thingy. A couple weeks later I got my $16 back.

This was 2 or 3 months before I became a host.

Well, glad to hear that everything worked out for you in the long run. Never had much knowledge of DomeHost, but thanks for the wanring.

Wow those people are expensive! But good to hear you got a refund!

Originally posted by RydelOnline
    I submitted at least 25 support tickets (hey, if they rip me off I am going to have fun! :-P). Days went buy until I decided to file a PayPal Fraud Complaint thingy. A couple weeks later I got my $16 back.
    I'm curious as to if the 25+ tickets startled there attention or the PayPal notice ! Imagine accessing that support desk, Uh Oh!
    - Tim

[i]Days went buy until I decided to file a PayPal Fraud Complaint thingy. A couple weeks later I got my $16 back.

This was 2 or 3 months before I became a host. [/B]
    Also, glad to hear paypal had you rback ;-)

There're a lot of cheaters today

can u advise me on how to go about reporting to paypal about webhosting scams?

Originally posted by dreampotion
    can u advise me on how to go about reporting to paypal about webhosting scams?
    Well if you have a pay pal account and your order was less then 30 days old just log in to your account and ask for a refund .... I believe you have to state a reason ..... (dont know for sure never had a charge back)

But I do believe you have to do it with in 30 days.
    A new Beginning for WebMasters
    WebMasters Forum
    TotalWeb International Net Consulting
    Internet Consulting, Hosting and Business Solutions

Yah a buddy of mine got scammed there.

You can also ask for a refund from your bank if you pay with credit card and inform them that the transaction is fraudulent.

thanks!

Strangely enough, Domehost was a provider of some of my sites within the past year. I was lucky enough to get my account setup without incident, and the stability wasn't that bad (esp. compared to DataCities). But the support was virtually nonexistent.

And then at some point thru various sources I find out that the joint is/was a one-man operation, and the reason the support was down for a such a long period of time was because the owner was in jail. Needless to say, I skiddaddled what sites I had with them away from them very quickly.

Originally posted by stevietheman
    And then at some point thru various sources I find out that the joint is/was a one-man operation, and the reason the support was down for a such a long period of time was because the owner was in jail.
    Well that's certainly not something you want to know about your host!
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>