Why is my site a flop?

I did everything possible and it doesnt get one visit.... I just cant understand why is been up for 2 years... Its the one below in my sig... I mean I submitted to search engines the design is great its a great topic, am I doing anything wrong?

Well, atleast you have more members than I do

Main page is too long
    Too much whitespace
    Fonts are standard
    Menu needs some umpf

Generally it could do with an overhaul, new template maybe.

When i went to the site, it didn't grab me. I had no interest in reading it, didn't make me look at anything in particular except the poor design(which is ok, but for someone looking for info).

Hope this helps
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

I'm with Philipf, i went on it before, i never read a thing because it was so white and black and long, i just looked and though gha my eyes hurt then went off.

Thanks for your feed back so far.... but the is no people visiting for them to see anything anyway.... I monitored my visiters and in 4 hours in peak time I didnt get one visit!

Try banner ads.
    Advertise on DVD related sites

Advert in the local paper
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

While the topic may seem interesting to you, I seriously doubt that there is enough general interest to attract a lot of people.

Even if you have high SE rankings for your keywords, how many people are actually using these keywords.

You may want to consider adding more content and alternative discussions to draw a more eclectic crowd.

What is this SE ranking do you have a link... thanks for that peice of adivce

I didn't get past the first sentence. After telling us the meaning of DVD I lost interst, sorry. The font is really boring and the front page is sooo long. It reminds me of reading a lengthy essay. Find Blu-ray, DVD and other related communities and advertise there. It took me some time to attract visitors but that's what I did, I found groups that were related to my site and now it's growing nicely.

Hello everyone, I am new here I am in NY I enjoy chatting in forum and reading to learn all there is to learn about many things that have to do with being online.

If ok I would like to give my little 2 cents on the site above, first I agree with the other members I did not read anything either, I scholled down the home page looking for more links. You need to find other sites to link to you, perferablely ones that have a good traffic rank under 100,000 like this one does it has 701 with Alexa infact you should download the alexa tool so you will be able to see the traffic rank of each site you visit.

If it is related closely to what your site is about you may would to consider contacting the webmaster about linking to you.

Also do you have friends with sites that have good ranking ask if they will link to you. You could also write articles that have your site information in the resource box. There are several things you can do this will get you started. good luck

Michelle

Hi

Your site can appear quite technical on first visit - has positive effects but the general visitor would go argh! maybe ...

Maybe some eye-candy/pictures/images to draw attention - highlighting certain parts. I know you have an images section but little ones on your main page and maybe others.

Maybe some ads / affiliates that sell these products.

Post some ads in the test usenet/newsgroups and find some usenet/newsgroups about similar and get the message out eg: multimedia newsgroups.

Search google for similar sites in content to yours - visit them what do they do and get ideas.

Add fresh up-to-date content news and information on how blue-ray is being used today, who's using, where, how and why.

multimedia content like yours is big interest and seller at the moment - strike while the irons hot!

Hope this helps.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net

Originally posted by Postmaster
    What is this SE ranking do you have a link... thanks for that peice of adivce

Sorry Postmaster, I was referring to search engine rankings.
    It's not just a matter of submitting to search engines you need to maintain your submissions.

You can find a lot of info on search engine optimization on these sites:

http://www.highrankings.com/forum/
    http://www.jimworld.com/apps/webmaster.forums/
    http://www.searchguild.com/

Originally posted by eskimo
    I didn't get past the first sentence. After telling us the meaning of DVD I lost interst, sorry. The font is really boring and the front page is sooo long. It reminds me of reading a lengthy essay. Find Blu-ray, DVD and other related communities and advertise there. It took me some time to attract visitors but that's what I did, I found groups that were related to my site and now it's growing nicely.
    what he said

also, how many people search for "blu ray"? i've never even heard of it, so i'm going to guess not too many.

edit: i just checked google and you don't even show up in the top 100 for "blu ray". maybe thats your problem

The non-animated chick in the upper right corner looks boring (sorry). Replace it with some bare t*** and see what's going to happen. Otherwhise, the design is ok I think...

eh? Footer =

"Blu-rayTalk.com is Afiliated with FishnChips.biz the website of Glentworth Fish Bar."
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Try submitting your site to http://www.dmoz.org to boost your search engine rankings.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Some of the suggestions here have been good ones but I have to wonder just how many people would spend time talking about the blue laser of a disc recorder? Perhaps if you broadened the subject matter to appeal to a wider range of people you would have more luck attracting visitors....

I am not capable of creating a site like most of these folks- but as a consumer:

Try to relay your information in a more 'photogenic' way. Charts, Graphs, pictures...sounds simplitistic- but I want to see "in a nutshell" stuff. I want you to do the work for me. Looking at your site- it seems like I have to do all the work (summing it up). All we have is the screen- use it.

JMO.

Well, unless you invest a lot of money, and go with a good marketing strategy, the success of your site is due to two things, Luck and time.

What is pushing people off the site is the Aqua colored header! and the fonts are just bad..

Use like Verdana or Tahoma or Arial for it..some images and etc..

would help you to keep visitors!

hack your phpBB board so that google can spider it then make lots of threads, you've got more members than threads that's insane!!! all your thread title get indexed as a page on your site.

I have a young forum (coming up to half a year old) and recently figured out how to apply all the hacks necessary to get google spidering it, now after the googlebot killing our server for a week we're getting so many more hits etc (we have around 40,000 posts right now so it really has helped!)

Write a site map too, for your forums, every little helps.

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.