RIPE IP RANGE (256 IP's)

Hi I need one IP RANGE with 256 IP's or less.
    I want my own INFO into the WHOIS of the IP's and I need to be able to transfer these IP's with me.

AnyWay I'm not a RIPE MEMBER, so I'm willing to pay a monthly fee for this. PM me when you can help me with this.

Let me know if you find someone that can provide this.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I need this too. Anyone who can do it please contact me.
    LNXPS - C# XPS Library

The Sun Bingo -

What do you use the IPs for?
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

you need to get them from arin directly.
    Buy Mens Underwear at Nuwear.com

He requested a Ripe range.. not an Arin range..

Yeah sorry guys, at this moment I need a range from the RIPE(Europe) not ARIN(America) I want to have my own range to host 2 DNS servers, and stuff like that. I want my own info at the whois especially for possible complaints.

Do you really think a /24 from RIPE would be routeable (semi-rhetorical question, please do not answer unless you understand the caveats involved with microallocations )

well, to get a RIPE /24 you would need to speak to a RIPE LIR who would need
    a) justification
    b) the appropriate forms completed
    c) details of who wiill route it
    etc

*generally* RIPE is a lot tighter with assignments/allocations than ARIN - you cant just decide you want a /24

you need this as PI space or PA space ? how many machines ? what are the ip's for *exactly*? where will teh machiens be ?
    if all you want are a couple of nameservers, you'd be better getting a dedicated server from a european ISP ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Originally posted by DeathNova
    Do you really think a /24 from RIPE would be routeable (semi-rhetorical question, please do not answer unless you understand the caveats involved with microallocations )
    Contrary to ARIN, a /24 PI-block from RIPE is actually routeable.
    Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
    jens@mermaidconsulting.dk,
    http://www.mermaidconsulting.com/

*if* your chosen isp / transits will announce it , and that their upstreams will accept a prefix as long as /24 (many are now filtering at /22 level)
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I was just wondering: Is it also opssible to get an IPRange at ARIN, and route it to a European Dedicated Server? Os is this a stupid question?
    Last edited by dutchee; 03-21-2004 at 10:35 AM.

Originally posted by dutchee
    I was just wondering: Is it also opssible to get an IPRange at ARIN, and route it to a European Dedicated Server? Os is this a stupid question?
    It's a stupid question.
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Repeat after me:
    You get IPs from your ISP.

If you are a LIR, you get them from the RIR.
    RIPE are now only accepting applications for /19 or greater.

alltother now ... repeat the dredg chant ...

if you *need* european IP's then colo/rent a box from a european ISP

i though ripe were still giving new members a /21 who couldn't justify the need for a /19 ... at least they have doen recently ... damn expensive way to get ip's and you *still* have to justify the usage of them before allocating to end-users ...

Originally posted by othellotech

i though ripe were still giving new members a /21 who couldn't justify the need for a /19 ... at least they have doen recently ... damn expensive way to get ip's and you *still* have to justify the usage of them before allocating to end-users ...
    Haven't been paying that close attention. Look, everyone just move to IPv6 now and avail of mobile IP. Solved.

Originally posted by dredg
    Haven't been paying that close attention. Look, everyone just move to IPv6 now and avail of mobile IP. Solved.
    i'll stick it on the plan for next week after rbix launch party ...

Originally posted by othellotech
    *if* your chosen isp / transits will announce it
    My point is, that ISPs here in Europe generally will do that. Or you can announce it yourself (as we do).

and that their upstreams will accept a prefix as long as /24 (many are now filtering at /22 level)
    Again, my point is that ISPs here in Europe generally will do that. At least I haven't seen any problems with it.

I think everyone follows as least the RIPE-299 policy, which assigns various smallest assignment/allocation sizes to various CIDR blocks.

For example in 196.200/13 the minimum allocation size is a /24.

Most ISPs should respect that.

There are two things here:
    1. The IP block
    2. Portability

1. RIPE's rules are strict. Getting that number of IPs would involve going through an existing LIR if you do not wish to become one.

2. This is tied in with point 1. If you get an IP allocation from a provider it is not going to be provider independent, as it you will have to get it announced etc.,

So, back to dreddg's chant:

Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Originally posted by blacknight
    1. RIPE's rules are strict. Getting that number of IPs would involve going through an existing LIR if you do not wish to become one.
    Ofcourse, I never said anything else. The only place to get an IP assignment is from a LIR.

2. This is tied in with point 1. If you get an IP allocation from a provider it is not going to be provider independent, as it you will have to get it announced etc.,
    This is not correct. You can request a provider independent block from an ISP that is a LIR, if you can justify that you need it. You can then announce it yourself, or have your ISP announce it.

We did just that. Requested a provider independent block from a LIR (one of our ISPs), and then we announce it ourselves.

I never said anything else. But there was a claim that a /24 is not routeable at all. This is not true in Europe, as it is certainly possible to get a /24 routed here.