Free Counter for web sites

Anyone know of a good free counter for web site hits or any other suggestion to check traffic?

Also one that could be used on an auction site such as ebay.

Thanks

Your host usually provides some sort of management system, for example cPanel which come with traffic analyzers.

If not, then try www.hotscripts.com they offer links to a number of free scripts.

Regards,
    Paul B. Riddick
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

I use AXS (www.xav.com) on all my sites. It's extremely useful for determining the source of sales if you don't have a campaign tracking system in place, since you can basically backtrace each visitor from sale to where they entered the site from. It's a script, not a service, so it's hosted on your own site, and is invisible.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Dan, thanks, that's seems to be a nice script, I think i may give it a try

But at the moment, i used www.statcounter.com and extreme-dm.com/tracking/

Both are free. But here are what i like about them.

Statcounter limits on the number of log quota. So at the moment, i only get to see like the last 10 or so link to comes to my site.

The other one, is excellent overall. Nothing really bad to say since u really get unlimited log size and everything for free.

The problem with extreme-dm is that you don't get specific information. You get uniques and page views to report to potential advertisers, but you can't follow the paths visitors take through your site, track what sources lead to sales easily, and things like that..
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Originally posted by etplanet

Statcounter limits on the number of log quota. So at the moment, i only get to see like the last 10 or so link to comes to my site.
    that's really skimping, while i also keep an eye on space used up i keep the last 1500 logs.

I would suggest you to download your own counter at hotscripts / php.resourceindex.com cause external services are not really reliable.