which one managed, sermatrix or 1and1?

Hi guys

I am planning to run a dedicated server for the first time but simlply cannot decide which one should i go for.

www.servermatrix.com
    www.managed.com
    www.1and1.com

From this newsgroup I havent heard very good customer feedback from managed and sermatrix clients.

I want a dedicated server for webhosting business?

Guys can you help me decide which one should I go for or can you recommed one with prompt customer service.

Regards
    Suraj

Hi suraj,
    I would recommend either ServerMatrix or 1and1.

I don't dare to comment much about Managed...
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=249554
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

servermatrix.. managed explains itself!

Whilst Managed has had its problem a recent spate of ServerMatrix problems have arose. So I hardly think it's fair to keep casting a shadow on Managed, when all companies have their issues.

I'd shy away from 1&1 due to the fact that you have to pay for a few months at a time, and I'd shy away from Managed.com due to their issues. In terms of prompt support, ServerMatrix seems to be a hit-or-miss situation lately. Some people rave about support, while others hate it. Other than those 3, I'd recommend:
    www.OffRack.com (Managed servers, good network)
    www.TailoredServers.com (Promo Code WHTCPU - Unmanaged servers, but they have great customer service)
    www.tranXactglobal.com (Haven't used them personally, but they have an awesome network, good hardware, and good service)

-Josh

-Josh

ServerMatrix has the best network, with the best prices, and they deliver with their SLA. If it isn't 99.9% uptime, you get dollars off of your bill. They also have good support, with their 2 ring policy, and good support ticket times (I have had some as low as 13 minutes). If you are kind of new to the Dedicated Server Scene, I would suggest a reseller - as they offer an additional level of Service and Support.

Originally posted by cybexhost1
    ServerMatrix has the best network, with the best prices, and they deliver with their SLA. If it isn't 99.9% uptime, you get dollars off of your bill. They also have good support, with their 2 ring policy, and good support ticket times (I have had some as low as 13 minutes). If you are kind of new to the Dedicated Server Scene, I would suggest a reseller - as they offer an additional level of Service and Support.
    What if it's been 48 hours since you ordered, and you get different responses from different tech support people about the status of your server?
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

I second tranXactglobal or GNAX servers in general. Their servers are awesome and are unbeatable.

Just my two cent
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

Gnax is not setting up new servers until April 1st though, they are waiting on their new datacenter, but I recommend them. I have been with managed and was not happy at all.
    Lee W.

To the original post, I would recommend SM. As a SM customer, I've found my experience wonderful. Other than a minor network outage during my first week of setup (september '03), their network has only had 3 minutes of unscheduled downtime for my server since it was first set up in (sept'03). Which is excellent in my opinion

Originally posted by ewhost
    What if it's been 48 hours since you ordered, and you get different responses from different tech support people about the status of your server?
    If you're talking about SM, then give them a call. You also might want to contact their sales department rather than support department should you have a problem with your order not being setup. Sometimes their sales folk are much more "with it" than their tech support who are often handling dozens of different requests at the same time. (--ahh.. multitasking! )
    Mitty Chang, Managing Partner & Lead Designer
    MightyMitty Design Studios
    mightymitty.com

Originally posted by Joshua
    I'd shy away from 1&1 due to the fact that you have to pay for a few months at a time, and I'd shy away from Managed.com due to their issues. In terms of prompt support, ServerMatrix seems to be a hit-or-miss situation lately. Some people rave about support, while others hate it. Other than those 3, I'd recommend:
    www.OffRack.com (Managed servers, good network)
    www.TailoredServers.com (Promo Code WHTCPU - Unmanaged servers, but they have great customer service)
    www.tranXactglobal.com (Haven't used them personally, but they have an awesome network, good hardware, and good service)

-Josh
    Concerning pre payment that's certainly a valid point, albeit three months pre payment for a server with comparable hardware specifications with 1&1 wouldn't be considerably more expensive than one month of service with one of the providers you were quoting (for some configurations it would even be less) - apart from bandwidth, for which two of the providers you quoted offer 1000GB instead of 500GB, while the third one does 500 as well.
    Last edited by aldee; 03-20-2004 at 04:57 PM.

Well,

I would recommend ev1 Servers or GNAX (Where I'm now), Gnax offers a Rock Solid Network good hardware and I haven't had any issue with any of my Clients who has a Server from me there

Maybe GNAX is too far from your budget, you can try ev1's bargain Servers. Managed can be a good choice if you where going to play with the Server but this is not the Case.
    ^_^