Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How often do you drink alchohol?

Sorry, If I miss spelled it. My girlfriend worries that I drink too much, but most times I only a few times a week(3 days).

How often do you drink?

Never. Alcohol is the tool of the devil.

Actually it's because my religious beliefs forbid it.

But how much do you drink on those 3 times. I have a drink most days, but only have a big amount maybe once a week on a night out.
    Steve

Once or twice a month, usually a beer or two. A far cry from the beer guzzling single guy non-parent days of my past. Don't miss to be honest

I have never liked the taste of alcohol. Be it beer, wine, etc., just never appealed to me. Of course, seeing how my father was a drunk and a druggie for over 26 years, and the fact that my grandfather was a hard, binge drinker, I suppose seeing those images when I was younger imposed some sort of natural resistence.

I used to drink A LOT, then went dry for 6 years, and now I have drink or two every or every second day, usually with meal, or with pipe in the evenings.

7. Never.
    BannersMall.com - Banner Design
    Custom Twitter Backgrounds and Facebook Fan Pages - CraftSocialMedia.com

I usually have one drink a year to remind myself how much I don't like it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Not anymore, I found it a waste of money.

I'll get a drink at dinner if we go out, maybe 2, not near enough to get "drunk". I will drink a glass of red wine most nights before bedtime, it's supposed to be good for you, plus it helps me sleep.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I'll have a few drinks on the weekends only. Only time i'll have a drink during the week is if we're out to dinner or celebrating, etc.

1 glass of red wine three times a week helps prolong your life. Red wine contains antioxidants.

Depends on how much you drink. I drink a beer or two every other week or so. If we go out for a nice dinner my wife and I will drink wine. Nothing like back in the college days for sure.

Alchohol free is the way to be! ;-)
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Never, except once or twice every few months when I get piss drunk.

Once or twice every few months. Never gotten drunk.

Only on days that end in Y.
    Shawn Kerr

I don't drink at all.

Re: How often do you drink alchohol?

Originally posted by biovelocity

How often do you drink?
    Why you Buying?
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

Never. Ever.

I don't plan to drink it at all.
    Have you Floble'd today?

I rarely drink... once every 2 or 3 months.

I've never been drunk (24 years old...and never been drunk). I have no real urge to drink.

I don't like beer, and the other stuff I ever drink is wine.

I had a glass of sangria the other night, but that was it - one glass.

My father is an alcoholic, and I had to witness the horrible things he did when he was drunk when I was little. So that, in itself, made me vow to never really drink. He's still an alcoholic. Actually he's doing manditory time for this 3rd DUI offence (in less than 5 years). Because of the way he is, he's never seen my kids (and my oldest is 4), and I doubt he'll ever see them. (He spent most of my life in prision - and I never was in touch with him during that time - until he popped back into my life, unexpectedly (and unwantingly), when I was 17 - so I'm not losing anything).

I like to keep fit, although if I'm extremely down, or special occasions I drink.

Paul B. Riddick
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Depends - I go through cycles. Sometimes I'll have a beer with dinner every day for a month or so, other times I'll be dry for a year or more.

Personally, I like having a beer now and then - especially when me and the little lady go up to this pub by the house, grab a beer, and shoot some pool - good times, good times.
    Jeremy D. Pavleck (jjpavleck(AT)GMail(dot)com)
    Over 10 years of Systems Management experience, at a discount!
    http://www.pavleck.com

Stopped drinking years ago. Haven't had so much as a taste since.

I dont drink. Never Will. Its Stupid.
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

I haven't had a drink in about 15 months, when I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I know that some diabetics can drink in moderation, but, for me, it's one less thing that I have to manage.
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

not much

only on social occasion - with someone - maybe one night per week - max 3 drinks.

alcohol aromatizes testosterone into estrogen at an increased rate - so drinking moves men towards their feminine side...lol - as far as being good for you (red wine) and the thinning effects of alcohol on the blood - I get the same results by taking a red wine extract supplement - (some have grapeseed extract) which contains the all important provinols that are beneficial in a glass of wine. taking an aspirin a day will be better for you on thinning the blood and it also helps prevent colon cancer.

lowering your testosterone is almost always bad - it leads to heart disease, bad cholesterol profiles, decreased muscle tone, sexual dysfunction, and increased incidence of alzheimers..... and upping your estrogen leads to BPH - benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate.

you also tend to want to watch thelma and louise, go shopping and have a good cry with your girlfriend after a big night of drinking.

so dont go there.......
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

I will have a beer or two when going out to eat at places that serve alcohol. I'd say probably 2-4 beers every two weeks or so, im not a big drinker.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Never have. Never will. Never wish to.

Maybe once or twice a year....Maybe.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....

I dont drink alchohol!!!!!!!

Bad 4 ya!!!!!

The Dude

Originally posted by The Dude_
    I dont drink alchohol!!!!!!!

Bad 4 ya!!!!!

The Dude
    Damn! Now there's a shock.....
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....

2 beers down the pub on a Friday lunchtime. It's tradition.

Wine with dinner on occasion.

To those who say drinking is bad, etc etc, I say this: Everything in moderation.
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

I'll premise this with saying I grew up in Australia where social drinking is as socially accepted as breathing air.

I have a drink a few times a week - always bourbon (Canadian Club nowdays). I'd classify myself as a 'heavy drinker' but only insofar as 15 years of experience, and tolerance, would indicate, and compared to those who take a 'glass of wine at dinner'.

I don't do hangovers, nor make a fool of myself. I have a virtually non-drinking wife who's never felt uncomfortable around me and our 4 year old has never been in danger - lord knows the better half would tell me.

The crux of drinking is knowing your limits - both to yourself and those around you. Sadly I've had friends who've become dependant on the stuff, and even some who've become aggressive to the ones they love. With any drug that affects your mind you should always take care that it doesn't affect your own life or those you interact with.

Of course my teenage years were filled some some nasty weekends, but as you get older you tend to either control it.. or it controls you.

Now in your case it would seem that's becoming an issue between your better half and you so it's probably time to take stock of your actions while you're drinking (talk to her about it), and then take action on the results of that discussion.

I'm the first to admit a good 'buzz' while enjoying yourself is a great thing, but nothing gives you a better buzz than the love and affection of a good woman and the times you share.

Finally, a good social drinking habit is fine, but if you feel that 'need' or an itch you can't scratch without a drink in your hand, then you may need to check your priorities.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I drink every week if i'm lucky and i'm 18 (legal in aussie land) so i think i'm a good boy lol
    Last edited by RHShawn; 03-26-2004 at 06:49 AM.
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting

I'm 14 so not that often....lol.....however I have been drunk once, not that I remember much

I go out a couple of times a week workload allowing which usually develop into a good night out.

I hear Alan from SplashHost is a bit of a party animal
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

who me? who have you been hearing that from?

Originally posted by Nich
    Alchohol free is the way to be! ;-)
    You have it backwards, free alcholol is far better

Untill about 2 years ago i used to drink alot, would be out 5/6 nights a week and get totally smashed everytime, but not so much now, mabye once or twice a week and even then not in huge amounts.

Sometimes i miss those days but it's nice waking up and actually being able to remember where you were the night before.

I usually just drink socially, maybe a beer or two during dinner once a week or once every two weeks. Every once in a while I'll get drunk at a party on the weekend, but I havn't done much of that this past semester.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast