Totally confused!

I started a vbulletin board three years ago. Everything was going just fine when, and after 14 months, the hosting provider suddenly disappeared from the cyber world!. I then listened to the 'experts advice' and picked another provider. A month ago, problems started and eventually, I had to shut the forum down while searching for a new provider.

Back then, it was so easy to pick the provider as I was establishing the board from scratch. Now, with a 350M database, 2000 registered users (50 users online on average), and an average of 1G daily bandwidth, it became more difficult for me to find a decent host within my budget ($20 max). To tell the truth, I wrote I spent over a week now writing to 'recommended' providers but most have refused to accept hosting vbulletin board with such capacity. Some have advised me to convert it to PHPbb so I started testing it and found it way far to look and feel like vbulletin.

To conclude, is that it - go dedicated or just keep the board closed?

EU - east side
    Try puting some ads on the site to give you some money for hosting... Google Adsense?

Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    Yeah ads are a good way to get money, maybe offer platium membership like WHT.

You can go VPS for $50.00 a month and that is for a fully managed set up at ServInt. That is a lot less expensive than a full dedicated server and you don't have to be a system administrator to do it...

I know $50 is more than your budget but it's also less than dedicated and better than keeping your forum offline...

West Texas
    any site with that kind of utilization should be making money not costing money. Perhaps you should take in a partner who will maximize the revenue ability for you.