Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

symplexity down?

My websites and email have been down all day. Symplexity's website is up but I haven't been able to get a response from anyone.

the planet server is down, hope it will be back again very soon.
    we did not have such similar incident with symplexity before.

Symplexity still seems to be down. No one answers the phones or returns my calls. A day and a half, and waiting...

ThePlanet outage & Symplexity

My reseller (Symplexity) uses ThePlanet for co-location, and their servers have been down for a day and a half.

I can't get a hold of the Symplexity guy, but he writes in an e-mail he apparently sent out to his entire book of clients that ThePlanet has been jerking him around in regard to this. I have called ThePlanet repeatedly, and each time I get a different answer.

As you may have read elsewhere on the forum, ThePlanet was experiencing router problems, but these problems have been resolved. When I tracert I find car2-6-v1.dllstx2.theplanet.com, which a tech at ThePlanet tells me has been restored along with the other affected routers, but Symplexity's servers still seem to be down, and ThePlanet seems to be indifferent to this whole mess. Is anyone else dealing with this problem?

At the very least, this eliminates ThePlanet and ServerMatrix from the list of hosting companies I'm considering as I shop around. Even when I called up their sales department, the level of professionalism was embarrassing.

Robert sent us emails regarding the issue.

personnaly, i trust symplexity and i know that robert is doing all he can to resotre the server back and i beleive him when he blame theplanet for shutting his server without prior notice or explanation.

i had bad experience with theplanet when i was hosting with other then symplexity. i faced downtime each day for hours. and each time it was a kernel, or httd or i don't know what. when robert moved us to theplanet, his intension was clear, to put us in secure DC, i sent him a mail telling him what happened with my hosting wiht theplanet.

i will not leave Robert even if they shut down for a week. i just created a backup server and i will wait until robert fix this issue on monday.

now is the time that robert prove to everybody he worth having the best hosting and support. and i beleive he will do it... on Monday

On Monday? Customers don't stop looking to purchase products on Saturday and Sunday. Being a web host is a 24/7 job.

Anyway, good luck with Symplexity.

Here is a copy of his email.

As most of you all ready know, servers are down. Actually Every server we have that is located in
    Theplanet's Datacenter has been taken offline. No Explanation has been given to us. We have been
    yelling and screaming trying to get answers from them.I have been away from the computer all day,
    but was notified of the situation the minute that it happened, by Our techs. The Datacenter
    wouldn't give our techs any information, the techs at the datacenter tells us they have no idea, and tell
    us to comtact other people in the company, and no one returns our calls.Now we are being told
    that, the people at Theplanet that we have to talk to will not be back in the office till Monday. We
    are as in the Dark as you are. I have even gone as far as Calling the CEO Peter Pathos at home, in
    Dallas TX. (do a phone search on the Internet for Peter and Terry Pathos in Dallas TX). I was told
    that they will find out what is going on and email me back. That was 6 hours ago. I wish I had
    more answers, but I don't. I wish I had a solution, but I don't.This Datacenter has single handly put
    Symplexity Out of Business, with this stunt. We have not , and will not give up. If anything I
    want to retrieve all your Data that is on the servers. From the bottom of my heart, I am SO Sorry. We
    are in the Same boat as you are, so I understand your anger towards us, but that anger is aimed
    for the wrong person. I will continue to fight and find out What in the World is going on.

Robert Perault
    Symplexity.Net

Merged threads...

Rachmiel, it is a tad early to make a determination of fault when there is not even one complete side of the story. Hopefully your actual provider, will contact you.

The Planet will not speak with you because you are not their client, Symplexity is. There are privacy policies in place for scenarios like this.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-20-2004 at 07:33 PM.

Originally posted by Matt
    Merged threads...

Rachmiel, it is a tad early to make a determination of fault when there is not even one complete side of the story. Hopefully your actual provider, will contact you.

The Planet will not speak with you because you are not their client, Symplexity is. There are privacy policies in place for scenarios like this.
    I understand that, Matt. Unfortunately, my provider seems unable to get in contact with them.

Originally posted by rachmiel
    I understand that, Matt. Unfortunately, my provider seems unable to get in contact with them.
    Well I hope they are able to get things squared away for your sake.

And no, I am not an employee of The Planet...your thread was merged not deleted.

Originally posted by Matt
    Well I hope they are able to get things squared away for your sake.
    Thanks for your support.

Here's a follow-up letter we received a couple hours ago:

Dear Symplexity.Net Customers,

Again my deepest apologies. According to Theplanet, the servers will remain offline till Monday when the person that is responsible for taken the servers offline is back in the office. We have been playing a Nut and shell game with them since Yesterday. Some of you have called the planet and have been given so many excuses, and this is so like Theplanet to do. I wish they would just tell you the truth, but that would be out of Character for them. Also some of you have asked why is The Symplexity servers still up. Well we use two different Datacenters. Our main Datacenter is NAC.net. The reason for your servers being at Theplanet is due to the fact that for the last 7 months NAC.NET has not be accepting ANY NEW SERVERS, till their expansion is complete.
    As for backups, all of your data is backed up on a secondary drive mounted to the servers, which we have been refused access to.I wish that there was more we could do, or a recourse we could take, but there isn't and thats upsettting to both you and us. Your Business and Ours has been screwed. The Most upsetting part is that we were given no notice from the Datacenter till after the fact and that the person that we needed to talk to made himself unavailable to talk to, and seeing that it was a Friday when this happened concerns me and their intensions. They had to have none the Large Impact that this was going to have on all involved.
    So at the current time I do not have any updates and will not till Monday, which is no comfort to you or I. By that time all of our businesses would be deeply impacted.

Robert Perault
    Symplexity.Net

Its a billing error @ Servermatrix. Their accounting is not open untill monday.

so Symplexity being late for paying monthly bill?

server is up

thank you robert

Originally posted by markhard
    so Symplexity being late for paying monthly bill?
    No, there was a billing mix up, that servermatrix is commonly known for

NAC not accepting orders?

I am not sure where you got this information, but NAC is accepting orders, and has been. Perhaps you are referring to one of our resellers?

Our main Datacenter is NAC.net. The reason for your servers being at Theplanet is due to the fact that for the last 7 months NAC.NET has not be accepting ANY NEW SERVERS, till their expansion is complete.

Damn, I was up yesterday, then this morning it all went offline again. I have a meeting in regards to a client website I am working on and no website to show.

I had a customer ready to place an ad on my site today and I also had no site to show him.

From what Mr. Perault has told his customers at Symplexity, it sounds as if his company has been put out of business by this stunt.

Originally posted by rachmiel
    From what Mr. Perault has told his customers at Symplexity, it sounds as if his company has been put out of business by this stunt.
    Does this mean he is going to send us refunds? I paid for a year in advance in December. I can't get him to answer my emails or calls. All I get is the form response he is sending to everyone.

Another day has gone by and still no response from Robert. I did get another form email that none of the data would be able to be retrieved and that he would move us to another server by the end of the month. This is unacceptable to me. I asked for a refund this morning and haven't gotten a response.

I sent him an email two days ago asking if he would procure and move us to another server ASAP. I still haven't gotten are response. I am now waiting for my own server to be ready so I can recreate my sites.

i don't know what rolls in mind of Robert

he is not the first nor the last who get prblems with DCs and he must not stop here.

i sent him many mails and did not respond. i always tell him encouraging notes to move forward withe business he have.

he did a good job maintaining symplexity, there are clients who did not like it and would not understand but there are also others who beleived he is doing a good job dispite what happened.

i am beginning to loose faith in him. at least answer those mails robert. those are the only tie between you and your clients.

whatever decision you make, just let us know, we are all waiting for your decision to decide what we should do. we all paid you for the server so just tell us what you are up to and let us know. a simple reply to everyone is better much better than keeping muted.

Another day and still no response from Robert at Symplexity.net. I am out over $200.

Has anyone heard from Symplexity? I sent numerous emails that are not returned, calls not being answered, and supports tickets that have been opened for 4 days without a response. What a mess?

I signed for the 8GB Space/80GB Bandwidth offer for 175, two months ago. If the server was still up I would have started my third month. By the looks of things, I dont think I will return back to Symplexity, but I want my money back! Any Suggestions....

Good thing, I found another provider, and I am extremely happy with at the moment.

Symplexity down?

I'm newbie here and I'm also get his 8/80Gb. plan last August. Well Robert is down and out. This is the last email send to me.

"There is nothing further we can do, the servers have all been taken offline. Even our Dedicated Servers customers Servers have been taken offline.

but once again with his next Comment that ending the conversation.His words were "In all realness I would prefer to sever all ties, since we wouldn't be able to make you happy."End of Conversation.

The Servers have been removed already. There is no way to reteive any data now.

Robert Perault / CEO
    Symplexity.Net
    The servers are offline and will remain offline.. They have already been disassembled as I have been told.

We are trying to get new servers up and running in a differnent Datacenter. However we will not be able to recover any data at all from the old servers. We were in the process of doing that. Our plans were to be out of theplanet by the end of the month, then they pulled the
    servers off the network, and will not put them back online, no matter what.

Robert Perault / CEO
    Symplexity.Net"

I did the same thing like you guys, send him many emails asking for refund, but simply no reply and no answer and I don;t think he will refund a single cent to us.

He basically ruin my hosting biz and ruin his reputation as a professional web hosting by not refund to us.

For the past six months it has been up and down with his servers and so is my biz because of that.

NexionHost, may you tell us which provider you have just change over?

Re: Symplexity down?

NexionHost, may you tell us which provider you have just change over?
    I went with BitStream Hosting, I am on there semi-dedicated plan. Rob at BitStream has been more then helpful. He has answered all my emails in a timely manner. Give them a look. I have been with them since the Symplexity disaster. I will write a review in a month, so far so good.

how long a new server can be setup and running?

it has been 4 days and no email from robert..

At this point, I totally give up on Symplexity. There is absolutely no reason why emails, and support tickets are being unanswered. Its been 6 days since I have heard from them.

Well guys, i went to madcowhosting cause i was mad

i told stu by mail that i will sign up if i could msn chat with him and stu and david were great and I was able to chat with stue for the whole day setting up my accounts.

i had 5gb space with 80gb of transfer for 28$ a month. good deal though ( 20% offer for this month )

it was not the first time nor the last time to have my reseller turned off that way. i had this exprience before.

as webmaster graphic design owner company i decided to have this solution.

i will host all my clients emails in godaddy. ( nice offers for emails with anti virus )

i will definatelly have two servers instead of one ( the other for backup)

with this solution, emails will be pulled and directed to/from one place and websites will be balanced from the main server to the backup. and in case the first main server fails the backup server will take over and the emails will stay with godaddy.

i still have the database solution.
    I am now currently calculating mysql bandwidth a month and i didn't know how to calculate it. does anybody know how to calculate the mysql bandwith in a month ?

my solution is to host the databases on an cluster server with redundency ( always online ) and both main and backup server will pull database querries form one remote database server.

i guess with this solution i will can switch servers as i please with hosting that give me good prices and vast space and i can add a third and even 4 backup servers without worrying of emails and database loass or outdated .

as i said, i am not a hosting reseller, i administer and webmaster all my clients sites, my clients concern is uptime and emails.

what do you think ? ( please if someone can help can tell me how to calculate the bandwidth of the mysql in cpanel )
    Last edited by soldini; 03-28-2004 at 11:38 AM.

After Symplexity, I went for ace-host. It sure has a good deal, but not sure if it can provide good uptime.

Does anyone knows about ace-host? Good or bad? Any comment?
    I will do a review in a month time.

Seems that for the last few days ace-host is doing a excellent job. Hopefully it will remain this way for a loooong long time.

At the mean time, I am looking around if I can do the same as soldini. Definitely need a backup and a solution to switch if things goes wrong.

As for Symplexity, I don't know what to do. Anyone plan anything? Emails and calls are not working but their site is still up.

Well I have decided to go with BVS ... I have dealt with them before and they are TRUELY 24/7 REAL support... & In my only mistake in this business was not sticking with them exclusively and going with Rob. Symplexity has taken my money ... Period. He has taken all of our money as business owners we can only swallow the lose and move on. From the posts above me you guys have only lost on Resellers etc... My whole server was taken from me. All we can do is move on - And inform everyone that Rob + Symplexity is horrible! To run .. run .. far!

So does anyone think Robert has probably taken the money he owes us and is going to start a new business? We need to be on the lookout for this. Is there anyway to know?

Has anyone heard anything from symplexity? Its a shame how it ended.

We emailed Robert Perault the same day (March 23) when he sent his generic notice that ThePlanet had "single handly put Symplexity Out of Business." Given that we weren't even halfway through our one-year contract with him and that he could no longer provide us with the services we had signed up for, we asked for our money back. Useless to say, it's April and we have yet to receive a response. I also called and left a voice message with Symplexity's Sales department last week. Still no response.

We're going to file a complaint with bbbonline.org.

Another victim of Symplexity's downfall contacted us to enquire if we received any response from Perault and suggested filing a complaint with ifccfbi.gov

Symplexity's "going out of business" was the last straw for us. We experienced months of extremely poor tech support and unreliable service. We're a software company and we've hosted our web site for over 7 years, so when I say poor tech support I don't mean that I wanted the guy to baby me through setting up a web site and troubleshooting it. The best example is:
    1. The servers were moved without us receiving any notice.
    2. Our parked domain (pointers) settings were lost during this process.
    3. Of course, given that we weren't given any notice, we found out on our own that our domains were not pointing to the right place (they were down) after.....about a week.
    4. When we found out about this and contacted Symplexity we got the following reply:
    "Just make this understood.... It is the Customers SOLE responsibilty to backup one's site and all data. You contact us days after the issue happened and expect us to have that data. Our data re-writes itself everyday. Our Responsibility stops at System Loss Backups. Our Backups are used and collected for the purpose of a Complete System Loss of data. We DO NOT restore Data on a indiviual Account basis."

I have no problem with the "Customers SOLE responsibilty" but Symplexity was sneaky and even though they knew that customers had lost settings they did not notify all their customers on the servers that were moved. That's why we contacted them "days after the issue happened." Because we had no clue it happened.

Anyway, after receiving this sort of response, I just couldn't deal with Perault anymore. Another colleague of mine dealt with the issue and in the end obtained this apology from Perault:
    "I want to first start off by apologizing for any tone that I had in the last email. The problems that have been happening are the Fault of incompent Techs at the Datacenter.On Febuary 13th the servers were replaced and we were told that the Ips had had been switched minutes after all the data was moved. On the 20th we received a email that the Ips are being switched at that moment.. So it caused a complete hell storm, us receiving over 227 emails in a 24 hour period. We had replaced two servers at that time, and the server was still all messed up.. We tried to restore and update as many Sites that we could, but permissions were all messed up. As for you settings they are all stored when you do a home backup.. All you have to do it a restore.

As you can see from the tickets at the datacenter here is what has happen:......................................."

So, yet another instance where the datacenter was to blame.

From Symplexity's web site it looks as if the company's still in business and that they accept new customers (who knows? maybe they screen only old customers' calls?). I just want to ensure that nobody has to go through what we had to go through. So, if you're considering Symplexity, just do a web search on "Symplexity.net" and enjoy the reading!

All the best,
    Montia
    PS Oh yeah, Perault can't spell so all the quoted stuff is for real.
    Last edited by Montia; 04-07-2004 at 08:23 PM.

I wish I had received that email...

The message was also relayed as a reply to outstanding support tickets around the 23rd or so. Symplexity's site is now down. though, so I can't give you the exact time I received my notification.

Well, I didn't get any notice from him...the funny (for lack of a better word) thing is that I didn't find out about this until earlier today (I'm on the west coast) when I got a couple of emails from hyperspin.com that one of my sites was down. I was able to access my sites even yesterday. Man....maybe I should stop hosting...first cyberwings and now symplexity.....what rotten luck!

I don't think all of Symplexity's servers were at the planet.

I have probably mis-read but what was the actual reason for ThePlanet 'so-called' refusing to turn back on the servers.

I mean this sounds very extreme! I can only think that they would do something like that if:

1. Bill was not paid
    2. Very illegal material was found hosted on their servers OR their servers compromised the network.

I just don't see why TP would not even let them back on or anything. I hope that he is telling the whole truth (and nothing but the truth) LOL
    I am just still unsure as to why a hosting company with that many servers and clients have just gone without even responding to e-mails or even getting their website back online to at-least acknowledge the fact that they have ceased trading.

Surely after putting so much work into creating a successful business, you would want it to end with at least some amount of dignity?

Apologies to all that have been left hostless. Its the worst thing that could happen as a client.

Good luck.
    Last edited by mark1hos; 04-16-2004 at 04:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast