Fbi Wants Legal Wiretapping Rights!!

Read the horrible story HERE.

However,If anyone thinks they arent doing this now,your outta your minds!!

They are doing this now,but its ILLEGIAL now,so they cant use anything!!! If it becomes LEGAL,watch out!!!

The Dude

Umm I don't have anything to hide, so why should I be worried over this?
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Just a violation of privacy I guess, dont need to be worried, just want FBI to keep their nose where it should be, and only tap if theres a reason to.
    josh

I agree. The FBI should mind their business unless there is a reason that they should snoop around.

I don't know what your worried about. They currently do this. What they are looking for is an easier way to apply their taps. They already do this with your phones, i'm sure they won't come after you for a few measly downloads. If you are so scared about them doing this and have something to hide, use encryption. (Although it can be broken, if it makes you feel better.)
    Don't look for a way out.

Well, like I said, nothing to actually worry about.. Just a bit of ethics/morals about privacy to keep in place I guess..
    josh

It comes down to one thing.
    What are you willing to give up in the interest of homeland security?

For all of those people who are opposed, don't start bitching that the government is not doing enough the next time there is a major terrorist attack on US soil.

And there will be one.

Re: Fbi Wants Legal Wiretapping Rights!!

Originally posted by The Dude_
    Read the horrible story HERE.

However,If anyone thinks they arent doing this now,your outta your minds!!

They are doing this now,but its ILLEGIAL now,so they cant use anything!!! If it becomes LEGAL,watch out!!!

The Dude
    Doesn't bother me...

Thanks Blue27, reminds me.

"If you are willing to give up personal freedom for personal security, you deserve neither."

What freedom are you giving up Ryan?

Unless you have something to hide, do you really think the FBI is going to arbitrarily spy on your online activities?

They don't have the desire, the resources or the manpower to do this. The law is to protect YOU from the people who do have something to hide.

No, it wasn't in my defense. I have nothing to hide, you quote reminded me of mine. I'm all for this 'wire tapping'. It isn't anything they don't already do. It will now just be easier.

I have nothing to hide *runs over to phone, unplugs wires*

Lol, seriously do what they have to, to keep us safe.
    - 7de5igns

Legal wiretapping to get evidence against criminals of any sort I have no problem with it. If people are making plans to do something illegal, especially something that'll result in harm to others, the FBI SHOULD be able to get the evidence to legally put them away. But I don't like the attitude of 'do what they have to, to keep us safe'. It is particularly this type of attitude that results in things such as the 'patriot act'. Many innocent people have been put away and denied their basic constitutional rights this way.

Originally posted by blue27
    What freedom are you giving up Ryan?

Unless you have something to hide, do you really think the FBI is going to arbitrarily spy on your online activities?

They don't have the desire, the resources or the manpower to do this. The law is to protect YOU from the people who do have something to hide.
    Well I am sorry but I respect my freedom, and my right on privacy is big part of that freedom. Without freedom all security is worthless. They might as well lock me is 3 by 3 padded room and keep me safe there. If you are willing to give your freedom because someone tells you should do so, you do not deserve it, nor do you deserve any security they promise you. Someone smarter then me said something like that before and it still holds true.

Just a violation of privacy I guess, dont need to be worried, just want FBI to keep their nose where it should be, and only tap if theres a reason to.
    violation of privacy? come on its the U.S government. They can do anything or else tell you to go do your business in another country. But im sure people will find ways to still share files online by maybe zipping them? since the files they will be monitoring are audio files. I'm not too worried about situation like this because I have my radio and I am so lucky that I have 2 cd stores 2minutes from the house

Originally posted by Nich
    Umm I don't have anything to hide, so why should I be worried over this?

haha, I hate when people say this. Im not bashing you, but I here alot of people say this, but when it happens it all change.

Invasion Of Privacy. If your landlord put little cameras monitoring your every move and bugged your telephones to make sure you wasn't up to any good, I know you would have a fit and sue.. Same thing with the government. What happened to the freedom.. Soon, you won't be able to say *F*** The President* , without having a letter sent to your house warning you that your under suspicion of being a terrorist.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

What's next, high power infared cameras aiming at your house 24/7? Sounds like a good idea, what do I have to hide.

I would have to more or less agree with JWise on this one. One of the biggest problems with us Americans is that we only tend to think about the present instead of the future (global warming, petrol supply, etc).

I think that there is probably more than enough evidence to support the claim that our (the US) government *could* have prevented 9/11 if they had simply considered the future when making a few key decisions.

I should stop at that though..... we wouldn't want this thread to suddenly veer off-topic.
    Jacob Turner -- Ringnebula Systems
    Managed IT solutions for small business

They do the same things with our phones, yet I don't see any complaints. Just because they put something in place doesn't mean they will use it on everyone. Just makes the job easier to get done.

Your ISP already knows and logs everything you do, but I also don't see anyone complaining.

I don't care what you monitor when im online. But, when im offline, going about my personal life, I don't want the government spying on everything I do, and everything I say. Like stated above... Tapping phones isn't something to lock down on terrorism or for better security. I believe its something to keep us all on lockdown, and take away our freedom ( the little that we have ) away little by little.

It won't stop by tapping phones. If they do this, more and more ideas will come out and it will get worse.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

I agree with the above completely!!!!!!!!!

The Dude

screw the man

Yeah, I heard that they aquired 500 thousand of Intel quantum computing processors - 256 Q-BIT , to make this all possible. Those processors are available at http://www.davesplanet.net/store
    Now they will rule this world.

Didn't the Patriot Act allow for that already?

Just an FYI but I got mail from US Immigration today (I'm planning on staying here). While they used to just be INS, they're now:

'U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services'

It seems Homeland Security and INS have merged now.

At any rate my activities are very closely watched and monitored, and the paperwork I have to give to INS is very thick. While it's probably something naturally born USA citizens may find intrusive you can rest assured that those of us moving to your fair country of 'milk and honey' live with on a daily basis.

Having said that, I do welcome a pretty extensive background check. It actually gives me peace of mind that it's a little harder for the bad guys to get in now *knock on wood*.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by hycloud
    What's next, high power infared cameras aiming at your house 24/7? Sounds like a good idea, what do I have to hide.

Actually they are already developing a camera that they will use just for monitoring the U.S. From recent test the camera was able to zoom in on a center, go through the roof and still read the reading on the newspaper lying on a table.
    - 7de5igns