Transferring from Readyhosting...

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I am in the process of switching from Readyhosting to a new host. I registered my domain name through readyhosting. Anyway, I want to keep the domain name, but I'm having trouble getting the info I need out of them. I had no trouble getting them to cancel the hosting, but getting the username and password for the registrar (network solutions) has been just...grrr.

I've called them twice, and both times, the support tech on the other end of the line has claimed that they were sending an e-mail with the info as we spoke. I've yet to receive an e-mail. I've also tried the support ticket system, and recieved a message back that the info had been sent via e-mail. I've confirmed on the phone both times that the e-mail addy is correct.

At this point, I'm becomming really, really frustrated as to what to try next. Call them again? Put in another support ticket? Does anyone else have any experience with readyhosting and taking control of your domian name? Any help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks muchly

is the contact information has your email address?
    if yes then you can transfer your domain anywhere else and save your self the hassle..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

When I whois'd with network solutions, it has me listed as the registrant and administrative contact. However, I moved since I signed up with readyhosting last march, and has my old mailing address and for the e-mail, it has an e-mail addy that is no longer in use and I can no longer access (it was through an isp account that my old roommate and I had, when I moved out, she cancelled the account and the e-mail addy's with that account were all deleted). Technical contact is listed as readyhosting.

When I go to the domain transfer page, it tells me the domain name is locked.

When I go to renew services, I get the following message:

This domain cannot be renewed because it is registered with a wholesaler. If you wish to renew this domain, please contact your wholesaler or the company through which you purchased the domain.

I have no clue what to try? Is there something that I don't know about I could try?

Originally posted by drbrun0

When I go to renew services, I get the following message:

This domain cannot be renewed because it is registered with a wholesaler. If you wish to renew this domain, please contact your wholesaler or the company through which you purchased the domain.
    where does it give you this message? at network solution website?

if the domain is locked you have to unlock it first, then get access to the admin email then you will be able to transfer it out.

i think you better email readyhosting and ask them to unlock it and change the email address to the new email address (if u can re-signup for the old email address)

then submit the transfer to the new registrar.

the only ppl who can help you is readyhosting and network solutions in this case though..
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Thanks for the help . I finally have the info I need out of Readyhosting. I have a form I need to submit to Network Solutions to change from a wholesale to a resale account and to change my e-mail address. I just have to fax it in to them with a photo id. I'm going to hope that this works.

glad to hear that

good luck.