Why is the text on Washington Mutual's site completely messed up?

Go visit www.washingtonmutual.com ... the text it absolutely messed up on that site. The text is so unbelieveably small and blurry you can't read it. Does anyone else see this?

All the links on that page are screwed up... look at the links under business banking, personal banking e.t.c.

I just logged in but the text on that site is so messed up even in the members area after logging in that I can't even do my usual online banking! Damn it...

Very strange

I can read it, but the site is small.

See, they hire professioanl designers but the designers ignore cross-compatibility. It's too bad, really..

I've been using WAMU's online banking for a year now.. they just updated their site a few days ago but they are so damned stupid they can't even realize the text/links is so screwed up I'm unable to even do my online banking right now. The text is all blurred and barely there.

Idiots I tell you

True.. have you tried increasing your font size?

The text is fine, i think you did the good ol "control scroll"
    Hold down control and scroll the wheel on your mouse.
    Scrolling one way makes text bigger, other way makes it smaller.
    When you scroll all the way to small, it get blurry and "hard to see"

Try scrolling back

Looks perfect in safari on my mac (heres a screenshot w/ iCapture site)

http://capture.danvine.com/results/52.png
    Gone.

No, it's there site. Don't you people see it... the links... all those little links are completely screwed up. It's only been like this for a few days.

It's not a problem on my end.

EDIT: Oops I take it back. I see it's perfectly normal in phision's browser. What the hell happended to mine.

See, here's what it looks like in my browser.. but all other site's look perfectly fine so why is only this site totally screwed up? See the links... that's what all the text in the members area looks like. It's so bad I can't do my online banking because you can't read the text.

Last edited by Frosty; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Works perfect and looks good here. I had the exact same thing happen to one of my fav. news site once. Make sure you have all your fonts installed correctly.

$#@! I need to do my online banking

How do I make sure all the fonts are installed? I don't know why but odd stuff like this has been happening to me all week. It just never ends.

It looks fine on mozilla firefox...
    [COLOR=dark-blue]Matt Carpenter[/COLOR]
    Offer your clients a brandable FTP upload utility

Oh, that's weird... it's totally screwed up in IE but in mozilla it's perfectly fine. At least I can do my online banking then

Can someone here view it in IE and tell me if it's screwed up or looks normal? Trying to fqure out if my IE is screwed up or if it's screwed up for other people too in IE. Thanks.

Looks fine here.

What's you text size set to?

Looks fine to me.

ITs fine in IE.
    View my post ^ there
    Hold down control and scroll the wheel on your mouse.
    Scrolling one way makes text bigger, other way makes it smaller.

I use WaMu's online banking as well, and noticed that when they updated the site a couple of weeks or so ago they switched to a smaller font size. In IE, just click on "View" on the top menu, choose "Text Size" and switch to the next larger size. I had to do this one one PC but not on another -- just depends on what screen resolution you're using.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

My font size is set to normal. But like I said all other sites are perfectly normal... it's only WAMU's site that's screwed in IE. In mozilla it's fine. I'll try re-installed IE... I think it got screwed up somehow or something. Weird that it only does it to that one site though.

EDIT: JayC, but then all the other sites become screwed up. I think WAMU is using some odd text. I'll just use mozilla to do my online banking

Originally posted by Frosty
    My font size is set to normal.
    There really isn't a "normal."

They're not using anything odd, just using pixel-based sizing, at 9.5 px (you can see that if you view the source). Depending on your screen resolution, 9 pixels can be pretty small. If you change "Text Size" as described above it will appear bigger -- but you're right, so will every other site you visit until you change it back.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I see thanks... but I haven't changed any settings on my PC which would have caused this and I've been using WAMU for a year... this problem just happeded all of a sudden about 3 days ago. Never before. Oh well... stranger things have happended.

I think WAMU reduced their font size as a measure of increasing the savings for consumers. It's a well-known method. You save about 2 pixels per character

Ya... or maybe I have so little money in my accounts if I saw the actual numbers I'd cry and never return to WAMU online banking. They make text unreadable and I live happily oblivious

Frosty I thought you were saving to pay cash for a Mercedes!

Looks fine
    josh

timechange, still am... taking too long though

I am professional time waster