Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can i trust?

can i trust?

can i trust 1and1.com i se it is not internic.net registar?

Just right yes and no and why?

I thought you decided to go with Namecheap?

ye sbut i wanna buy from 1adn1 .com too?

Don't get greedy now stick to the ones you know

why?

Cheaper is not always better. Save a few cents now but later on you'll be knocking your head "sto ntouvari"

exactly, pay little more and save the future headech.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Or take some aspirin in advance

Re: can i trust?

Originally posted by plutonas
    can i trust 1and1.com i se it is not internic.net registar?
    Sure it is. Look out for "Schlund + Partner", that's a subsidiary of 1&1.

Yeah. 1&1 = shlund.de (loosing money on domains)
    web.com = opensrs (loosing money on domains)
    ev1servers = opensrs (loosing money on domains)
    MAKING MONEY ON HOSTING

Oh the negativity

I'm with the others on this one, stick with namecheap.

I've heard some not so great things about both 1 & 1 - why not register with ev1?

why is everyone out to save a few cents? there is more costs in buying from someone than just the price stated on your monthly statement.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

i wanna buy many domains,
    that's why

buy many domains go with dotregistrar or directi its $6.49 lowest available these days.

prepay for 1000 domains
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

i don't care about the services that 1and1 provides i just care if they get me more money than they said?

Originally posted by plutonas
    i don't care about the services that 1and1 provides i just care if they get me more money than they said?
    they give you money ? wow, i knew tyhey had some interesting marketing ideas but thats a new one for me

best advice I can give you .. *AVOID*

use the search feature to research them, or use groups.google, or your own common sense if you can - they sell at below cost , now *why* woudl they do that ?

please pluto, stop trying to save a couple of cents it really is a flase economy, and will elad to more headaches that you can possibly imagine.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Just wondering, what qualifies you to tell how much high volume domain registrars pay for domains (yes, there are discounts)? After all, Schlund + Partner is the registry for almost 4 millions of domains (not .cno only of course).

Originally posted by aldee
    Just wondering, what qualifies you to tell how much high volume domain registrars pay for domains (yes, there are discounts)? After all, Schlund + Partner is the registry for almost 4 millions of domains (not .cno only of course).
    well, as an active Nominet member, we *know* they pay £5+vat per 2yrs for .uk's which they sell at 1.99/yr which is below cost as the rest of us member/tag-holders do, they dont get a discount, if they claim they do it's a lie.

as someone involved in domain regsitration and managemnet since 1996, intersetd in the IACNN approval processes etc we *know* they pay $6 to nsi, and about 20c to ICANN - so selling @ 5.88 is below cost, they dont reg anything like the number of domains cnobi that enom do, so you *really* think they get them cheaper ?

united-internet's marketing seems based around glossy brochures, and karge ad-spends, offering you the universe at one price usually v.cheap or below cost, and making it exceptionally difficult to get throuugh the ordering process without adding extras.

combine that with the generally shoddy support, the proprietory systems that cant cope with anything remotely out of the ordinary, and some very awkward methodologies and procedures (you *tried* getting them to transfer a .uk domain?) gives it an overall thumbs down from every single 1&1 user I have personally met - IMHO the only reason most people ever go to 1&1 is because they get suckered into it as it appears cheap ..
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Nobody claims anything, I'm just wondering.

Do you know how much Enom is paying for domain registrations? Or are you trying to tell me that there are no discounts at all?

I don't know about 1&1 UK but 1&1 US allows to unlock domains via their control panel, so I'm not quite sure what the problem could be with that (the OP asked for 1and1.com, not 1and1.co.uk).

>Know how much Enom is paying for domain registrations?
    >Or are you trying to tell me that there are no discounts at all?

yes thank you I know, and no there are no discounts.

>I don't know about 1&1 UK but 1&1 US

very differnet beasties, for a start if they tried the cr@p in the US they get away with in europe they'd be in court more than they be anything else ...

Whatever you say.

I will agree with othellotech there are no discounts that are extended to com net for volume. So a registrar like tucows with 4 millions names pays the same as a small registrar would. Now biz and .us do volume special pricing so they can get names for 3.50 to 4.00 each if they can do the 15K to 20K month required
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    I will agree with othellotech there are no discounts that are extended to com net for volume. So a registrar like tucows with 4 millions names pays the same as a small registrar would. Now biz and .us do volume special pricing so they can get names for 3.50 to 4.00 each if they can do the 15K to 20K month required
    As far as I remember from the .us and .biz registry documents, there are no discounts. And, $4 is impossible.
    The registry pricing ranges from $5.75-$6.00 and of course registrars pay a share to ICANN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast