View Poll Results: which one is better: RedHat 9 or RedHat Enterprise v3

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • RedHat 9

7 43.75%
  • RedHat Enterprise v3

9 56.25%

which one is better: RedHat 9 or RedHat Enterprise v3

I need some votes on the OS choice: RedHat 9 or RedHat Enterprise v3. Which one would be a better choice for webhosting and why?

Please put in your vote and a brief explanation explaining your choice.

Well..RedHat 9 is going to be discontinued and unsupported very soon.

RH 9 will be supportable by any clueful hosting company. We still support, patch, and maintain hundreds of RH 6.2 and 7.3 boxes, RH 9 will be no different. People are as scared as they are about the EOL and actually believe RH 9 will suddenly "break" or be vulnerable because that is exactly what RH wants you to think so you'll send them your money. Personally I think 7.3 is better than both, but it wasn't an option.
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

I am using RH Enterprise 3. I have not had any problems at all, though i know some people with Xeons have had some trouble. RH9 is great too. Not too much of a big deal with what to go with.

RH Enterprise v3.

I am sure that RH9 will keep running but there will be less support and less security patches going forward. And more people will be using RHEL and it will easier to get your quesiton answered due to increasing user base.

I've seen many companies are offering RHEL and discontinuing RH9 because the software update.

I do have RH7.3, 9, and RHEL v3 for existing servers but if I would get a new box, I would definitely go with RHEL.

my 2 cents

mike

Well said Bob !

Originally posted by BobFarmer
    RH 9 will be supportable by any clueful hosting company. We still support, patch, and maintain hundreds of RH 6.2 and 7.3 boxes, RH 9 will be no different. People are as scared as they are about the EOL and actually believe RH 9 will suddenly "break" or be vulnerable because that is exactly what RH wants you to think so you'll send them your money. Personally I think 7.3 is better than both, but it wasn't an option.

RH E3 for sure - especially when RH9 is about to be EOL (End of Life). It is just overall more stable, and includes all of the good parts of RH9.

to be very honest with you here if you just go a step up you will find bunch of guys crying server is down, all having RHE with hyperthreadin.

with RH9 all runs so smooth, well my self i think i made a mistake trying it.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

I prefer RH9 over rhe hands down. nothing but trobles with rhe
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

FreeBSD
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Windoze,