Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    honestman: the idea is that you have 6.95 account and you created a 8.95 account what the use? you want the rate of 6.95, if the parent reseller increase it then you can't do anything.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Hi
    If you have 6.95 reseller account and the parent account increased your pricing list you will not be able to go back to the pricing of 6.95 again ,, But if you followed my strategy the parent account will neither be able to increase your pricing nor to delete your account .( the 8.95 reseller account or the 8.14 retail account you create just to protect your pricing list)

then you mean if you have 6.95 account and you created 2nd sub account from you that has 8.95 account, your parent reseller wont be able to increase your 6.95 account because of your sub-account that you created?
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Yes that's what I mean exactly

oh, amazing

i thought the secure way is to create a sub-sub and push ur domains and control them from there

cheers to honestman for the enom 6.95 the other day btw

quick, smoth transaction, no complaints!!

I thought there was also a minimum $0.95 transaction cost added on top of the domain price to create a minimum for resellers. At least thats how enom explained it to me when I signed up for my ETP account.

Yes it's true ( only for retail accounts ) + 3% too
    This why if you have 6.95 account the lowest retail account you can setup is 8.14 account , I'll show you how eNom does the math .
    6.95 + 0.95 = 7.90
    7.90 X 0.03 = 0.237
    The total = 7.95 +0.237 = 8.137 ~ 8.14
    Thanks

Re: How to protect your eNom reseller account ( Tips and tricks )

Originally posted by honestman
    How to protect your eNom reseller account ,
    Here I'm going to teach you how to protect your eNom reseller account ( no matter who is your ETP )
    You will need to do two easy steps
    1- Push a domain to your account or add some funds to it ( this will prevent the ETP of deleting your account
    2- Create a sub account under you and make its status " reseller status" and lower the pricing list to the lowest you can for every TLD ( now your ETP will not be able to increase your pricing list because it will affect your sub-account )
    I did tried this myself and any one of you can try it too ( you must have an eNom reseller account no matter what is your pricing list )

As I said , I did that my self and I was not able to delete the account under me nor to increases the pricing list for it
    so from now and on you don't need to worry at all about your ETP

BTW it should work too if the last account you created was retail account but I did not try this
    Any question or feedback is welcome
    What is the difference between a retail and a sub-reseller account?

Do the minimum prices change according to whether it is a retail or a sub-reseller account?
    Last edited by tandem; 03-29-2004 at 05:42 PM.

This from eNom website

The main difference is how they pay for registrations, and whether or not they have reseller options.

RETAIL

we will bill their credit card on file for every transaction
    you (the parent account) will pay 3% sales fee and a 95 cent transaction fee for every order
    they do not have access to create Sub Accounts, RegistryRocket sites, the PDQ, and they cannot download the API sample scripts.
    RESELLER

they will refill their account to pay for orders (refill fees are paid by the sub account holder).
    the parent reseller does not pay any fees
    each transaction is deducted from their balance
    they can download the API, setup RegistryRocket links, create a PDQ and create sub accounts
    sub accounts can use their own merchant services for the API (they cannot use eNom merchant services).

I have 2 questions here:

1. If I have a reseller account (sub-account actually) , can the person on top of me access to my account and make changes (prices)?

2. I've created reseller sub-account under me, can the person on top of me delete my sub account without my knowledge? What happen to all the domain registered under my sub account?

TQ.

1- Yes
    2- No ( he can't delete your sub-accounts) but he may delete you yourself if you don't have fund / domains in your acount

Are you saying, he can't delete if I have fund & domain in my account?

yes, an account can't be deleted if it has funds or a domain in it but the prices can be changed.

if you followed the strategy I mentioned here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=253715 no one can delete your account nor increase your pricing list

Yup I already did that, thanx a million honestman . How about commission then, the person on top of me can view until what level? Only from me?

the person above you can enter your account ( this's a new feature of enom ) he can see the domains you have , and how much $$ you have , but can't push a domain can't access you sub- accounts ( but he can see their ID or emails ) , can't register a domain or use your funds , can't see your credit cards info , can't access your commission account ( he will get the following message if he tried to.
    The page you are trying to access is only available to the original LoginID

Thumbs up

Thanx man, that clear things out.

Honestman and bashar.

can you create a new post entitled:
    Newbies guide to to enom reseller account
    a step by step guide to be better,secure,best enom account.

im very confused to this
    -ETP
    - 8.95 7.95 and 6.95 domains
    - reseller
    - sub account
    - etc....
    -how to get 6.95
    - i applied enom free account from modernbill, what is this reseller,subacount?
    -include your tips to protect yourself
    -why would other websites offer FREE enom reseller account while others charges, whats their hidden agenda?
    -whats the benefits of getting from account from reseller other than directly from enom.
    -whats the commission, how to get it?
    -and others

thanks
    Last edited by newk; 04-01-2004 at 07:04 AM.

it's already there http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=253715

if not enough let me know
    Thanks
    Last edited by honestman; 04-01-2004 at 07:13 AM.

honestman still confused sorry for that

-how about a step by step guide to newbie
    as in no load yet,

-i got my free enom account from modernbill, what am i a reseller? a subacount?

-what is the lowest price i can register a domain. where can i see it?

-can i get 6.95 account in my enom account if i load $100

- is the $100 enom load a setup fee or a fund in which if you register a domain in enom, it will just minus from your $100 load

thanks
    my case is: i offer free domain in my hosting package so the lower the price of the domain the better.

Ok then , arrange all of your questions in 1,2 ,3 ..etc and I'll answer all of your questions I'll make my new post in Q & A form to make it easer for all the members to understand
    Thanks

Originally posted by newk
    honestman still confused sorry for that

1) -how about a step by step guide to newbie
    as in no load yet,

2) -i got my free enom account from modernbill, what am i a reseller? a subacount?

3) -what is the lowest price i can register a domain. where can i see it?

4) -can i get 6.95 account in my enom account if i load $100

5) - is the $100 enom load a setup fee or a fund in which if you register a domain in enom, it will just minus from your $100 load

thanks
    my case is: i offer free domain in my hosting package so the lower the price of the domain the better.
    1 & 2) you can't register domains with that account until you have money in the balance and you have a reseller sub-account under modernbill for $7.95

3 &4) No you cannot get $6.95 pricing with that account. Left column, my enom, settings, TLD pricing tab.

5) $100 is a creit for eNom points. $1 = 1 credit. If you use your credit card to load there is a 3% fee so the balance will be $97.

1 & 2) you can't register domains with that account until you have money in the balance and you have a reseller sub-account under modernbill for $7.95
    if i get an account from you, what advantage will i get from you compared to modernbill?

5) $100 is a creit for eNom points. $1 = 1 credit. If you use your credit card to load there is a 3% fee so the balance will be $97.
    so if i use cc to load, my total load balance is now $97
    and i will register a .com domain

$97.00 load
    - 7.95 .com domain
    -----------
    $89.05 is my balance

i will register again .net domain

89.05 - 7.95 = $81.1

where can i save $ in enom when compared to using ev1?

were you talking to me or honestman with your first question?

Your $$ example was correct. What is the advantage? Well with EV1 you can't sell domains. With EV1 you don't get URL/email forwarding do you? It all boils down to what your needs are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast