Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to protect your eNom reseller account ( Tips and tricks )

How to protect your eNom reseller account ,
    Here I'm going to teach you how to protect your eNom reseller account ( no matter who is your ETP )
    You will need to do two easy steps
    1- Push a domain to your account or add some funds to it ( this will prevent the ETP of deleting your account
    2- Create a sub account under you and make its status " reseller status" and lower the pricing list to the lowest you can for every TLD ( now your ETP will not be able to increase your pricing list because it will affect your sub-account )
    I did tried this myself and any one of you can try it too ( you must have an eNom reseller account no matter what is your pricing list )

As I said , I did that my self and I was not able to delete the account under me nor to increases the pricing list for it
    so from now and on you don't need to worry at all about your ETP

BTW it should work too if the last account you created was retail account but I did not try this
    Any question or feedback is welcome
    Last edited by honestman; 03-19-2004 at 10:37 AM.

good Tips
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

...or have an honest ETP reseller to begin with

you don't need to be an ETP to try this trick 8.95 free reseller account is enough
    Thanks

I provide a written contract stating I will not raise prices unless eNom raises theirs. But for those who don't know their ETP it sounds like your plan is a good option.

timechange.com --> even if your ETP was very honest You will lose nothing to protect your account too

Enom makes you to do too much job, all nothing but headaches

Interesting.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

Resellers that are not ETPs have to have a minimum markup of $2 right?

all resellers can goto 8.95, which is 0 incase of u r 8.95 and $1 if ur 7.95 and 2 incase of u r $6.95
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Thumbs up

thumb up Bashar !!
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

So the only way to protect $6.95 accounts is become an ETP?

exactly.

if you have 1000+ domains you can open new 8.95 account ETP with $495 refill and push them all to there and ask enom to lower ur costs.

i think they can do it, i started with 8.95 then reaching 600 they lowered my fees to 7.95 and after exceeding 1000 they lowered it to 6.95

Great tips

Thanks for the tips.
    >> MyHost4Life <<
    Professional, Competitively Priced Hosting Services.
    Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime with 24/7 Live Support!
    http://myhost4life.com/

Great tips, honestman.
    Have you Floble'd today?

Research Names, Bashar
    You don't need to be an ETP to protect your 6.95 account , just do the same two steps and your account will be protected .

I have a question , if you have 8.95 or 7.95 reseller acoount under someone ( you are not an ETP ) and you have some sub-accounts under you too can eNom lower the pricing list for your account , can they upgrade it to be an ETP ?
    Thanks again

if you are 6.95 how can you protect it?

u can create sub-account with the rate 6.95 to protect your pricing being raised from upper reseller.

i dont think they can lower your pricing than your ETP but they can convert you as ETP and move all your domains there.

happend to one of my customers and he moved to direct enom etp

I know you can't create sub accounts of 6.95 under you , I know the minimum is 8.95 , Despite that the same strategy works fine too , maybe because you can give your resellers the same pricing as you for some TLDs like .kids.us and .cc

one more point Despite you can't create 6.95 reseller account under you but you CAN create 8.14 retail account under you which is the lowest pricing list available for retail account , so your parent account can't increase your pricing list because it will affect the retail account under you

If u have a 8.95 account the lowest u can set under sub-account is 8.95 right? What about the payment for each domain registered by sub- account? Will it be paid by my sub-account owner or deducted from my upfront?

but they can increase your 6.95 and you'll be in deep ERR

msa2000: it will be deducted from the refill of the sub-account itself.

Bashar ---> this time you are not on right
    If you did what I said no one can increase your pricing list even one cent , As I said before I did tried this method myself , I hope someone can try this and give us an independant opinion

Originally posted by honestman
    one more point Despite you can't create 6.95 reseller account under you but you CAN create 8.14 retail account under you which is the lowest pricing list available for retail account , so your parent account can't increase your pricing list because it will affect the retail account under you
    Great!

honestman: the idea is that you have 6.95 account and you created a 8.95 account what the use? you want the rate of 6.95, if the parent reseller increase it then you can't do anything.

Hi
    If you have 6.95 reseller account and the parent account increased your pricing list you will not be able to go back to the pricing of 6.95 again ,, But if you followed my strategy the parent account will neither be able to increase your pricing nor to delete your account .( the 8.95 reseller account or the 8.14 retail account you create just to protect your pricing list)

then you mean if you have 6.95 account and you created 2nd sub account from you that has 8.95 account, your parent reseller wont be able to increase your 6.95 account because of your sub-account that you created?

Yes that's what I mean exactly

oh, amazing

i thought the secure way is to create a sub-sub and push ur domains and control them from there

cheers to honestman for the enom 6.95 the other day btw

quick, smoth transaction, no complaints!!

I thought there was also a minimum $0.95 transaction cost added on top of the domain price to create a minimum for resellers. At least thats how enom explained it to me when I signed up for my ETP account.

Yes it's true ( only for retail accounts ) + 3% too
    This why if you have 6.95 account the lowest retail account you can setup is 8.14 account , I'll show you how eNom does the math .
    6.95 + 0.95 = 7.90
    7.90 X 0.03 = 0.237
    The total = 7.95 +0.237 = 8.137 ~ 8.14
    Thanks

Re: How to protect your eNom reseller account ( Tips and tricks )

Originally posted by honestman
    How to protect your eNom reseller account ,
    Here I'm going to teach you how to protect your eNom reseller account ( no matter who is your ETP )
    You will need to do two easy steps
    1- Push a domain to your account or add some funds to it ( this will prevent the ETP of deleting your account
    2- Create a sub account under you and make its status " reseller status" and lower the pricing list to the lowest you can for every TLD ( now your ETP will not be able to increase your pricing list because it will affect your sub-account )
    I did tried this myself and any one of you can try it too ( you must have an eNom reseller account no matter what is your pricing list )

As I said , I did that my self and I was not able to delete the account under me nor to increases the pricing list for it
    so from now and on you don't need to worry at all about your ETP

BTW it should work too if the last account you created was retail account but I did not try this
    Any question or feedback is welcome
    What is the difference between a retail and a sub-reseller account?

Do the minimum prices change according to whether it is a retail or a sub-reseller account?
    Last edited by tandem; 03-29-2004 at 05:42 PM.

This from eNom website

The main difference is how they pay for registrations, and whether or not they have reseller options.

RETAIL

we will bill their credit card on file for every transaction
    you (the parent account) will pay 3% sales fee and a 95 cent transaction fee for every order
    they do not have access to create Sub Accounts, RegistryRocket sites, the PDQ, and they cannot download the API sample scripts.
    RESELLER

they will refill their account to pay for orders (refill fees are paid by the sub account holder).
    the parent reseller does not pay any fees
    each transaction is deducted from their balance
    they can download the API, setup RegistryRocket links, create a PDQ and create sub accounts
    sub accounts can use their own merchant services for the API (they cannot use eNom merchant services).

I have 2 questions here:

1. If I have a reseller account (sub-account actually) , can the person on top of me access to my account and make changes (prices)?

2. I've created reseller sub-account under me, can the person on top of me delete my sub account without my knowledge? What happen to all the domain registered under my sub account?

TQ.

1- Yes
    2- No ( he can't delete your sub-accounts) but he may delete you yourself if you don't have fund / domains in your acount

Are you saying, he can't delete if I have fund & domain in my account?

yes, an account can't be deleted if it has funds or a domain in it but the prices can be changed.

if you followed the strategy I mentioned here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=253715 no one can delete your account nor increase your pricing list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast