I am looking for a permanent or temporary position to make ends meet during these hard times. Permanent, contractual, full or part time is acceptable. Remote is preferable.
I will let my skills and posted information below speak for itself. Suffice to say, I am offering full, professional, "non standardized" penetration testing, auditing, (or support) and I will fix the discovered problems, if requested.
I have gone by the monicker "shaft" for a hacking website I used to run called netflood.net. Feel free to google me or "netflood".
Needless to say, I won't just run a commercial tool, print a report and call it "done". I will use proprietary tools, scripts, and techniques to test the vulnerabilities of your resources. I will then send you a detailed and high-quality report, detailing found vulnerabilities and fixes.
Costs will be extremely reasonable, in fact name your fair price and we'll go from there.
If you feel I may be able to help you in some way (in security or in an administration/engineering role) please contact me @ jbross01-at-yahoo.com.
**/**/**** – **/**/****
Network Security Specialist
· Secure Network infrastructure design, planning, and implementation (all OSI layers, from determining cable requirements to application user management solution.
· Network/Host vulnerability Assessments, Auditing, and Penetration testing including finding/securing wireless networks (802.11a/b)
· Write and implement policies to address found vulnerabilities
· IDS and Firewall deployment/support and SSL VPN deployment
· Planned, designed, and implemented secure E-Gov network infrastructure which included deploying multiple IDS (from several vendors), Implementing Checkpoint NG-AI Nokia IPSO cluster, load balancing, Funk Software RADIUS appliance, and Aventail SSL VPN; and Stratus-1 NTP services (Timesync appliance).
· Identified and Investigated intrusions into ******* agencies, including analyzing IDS logs and performing forensic investigation and discovery for prosecution (En-Case, Coroners toolkit, etc).
· Helped various ******** agencies with recommendations and solutions to minimize intrusions and vulnerabilities.
**/**/97 – **/**/2002 I.T. Engineering and Security Consultant / Project Manager
Summary: Designed, Planned, Implemented, Documented, and supported I.T. solutions for government agencies, Fortune 50 companies, and small businesses.
· Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Portland, OR) – Deployed security control mechanisms including web-based authentication, VPN based authentication, encryption schemes, firewall's, VPN's, and secure data access policies to meet HIPAA guidelines.
· CaseLogic (Denver, CO) – Installed, configured, upgraded, and deployed Checkpoint Firewall-1/VPN-1 on Nokia IP330 appliances for Canada, Japan, and U.S. sites.
· Intel Corp. (Chandler, AZ) – Designed and implemented a secure infrastructure for wireless (802.11b) network access, including remote VPN access and two-factor authentication for Windows NT/2000/CE hosts.
· Intel Corp. (Chandler, AZ) – Managed migration of *** web servers (NT/IIS 4.0) to new hardware platforms and redesigned web server security policies to ensure reliability, recovery, and security of data.
· Intel Corp. (Chandler, AZ) – Tested WISE package installation software compatibility with MSI and the Windows 2000 architecture. Tested SMS software deployment in active directory based networks for the Intel Windows 2000 migration project.
· Motorola (Scottsdale, AZ) – Responsible for migrating 6000 users from Ms mail to Exchange 5.5. Using Kixtart scripts and SMS, all users were migrated to new master domains and all computers migrated to new resource domains. This solution reduced project costs by approximately 89% and was completed before project goal date.
· MycroSENSOR (Scottsdale, AZ) – Managed MRP (MANMAN/iX) acquisition and data migration project. Project also included firewall deployment and VPN access to MRP server.
· Salt River Project (Phoenix, AZ) – Installed, configured, and deployed biometric solution and integration with firewall/VPN architecture -pilot project.
· Siemens (Philadelphia, PA) – Designed and implemented a secure wireless network (802.11b), including remote VPN access, authentication, and access-control.
· TheBrain.com (Santa Monica, CA) – Performed vulnerability assessment of network infrastructure including domain controllers, web servers, SQL database, and firewall configuration.
· U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) – Managed firewall and VPN remote access implementation and deployment.
· Unable to detail further clients due to non-disclosure and/or confidentiality agreements.
**** – **** Information Security Instructor
· ******* (AZ) – Trained law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies, and fortune 50 corporations in firewall deployment, secure infrastructure design, hacking techniques, and VPN strategies.
· ******** (AZ, CO, NY, TX) – Trained various governmental agencies and fortune 50 corporations in firewall deployment, secure infrastructure design, hacking techniques, and VPN strategies.
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
· Microsoft Certified Professional -Internet Specialist (MCP+I)
· Checkpoint Certified Security Instructor (CCSI)
· Checkpoint Certified Security Engineer (CCSE)
· Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
· Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
· I have given information security and LAN/WAN communications presentations to C.I.S. students at Phoenix College
· I have written articles, which have been referenced at linuxsecurity.com, net-security.org, securitynewsportal.com, and many other Infosec-related web sites.
· NOS: Windows2000, NT 4.0, Win9X, Novell 3.12/4.11, Redhat/Mandrake/Corel Linux, some command line experience with MPE/iX, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD.
· Application Services: IIS 4.0/5.0, SQL 6.5/7.0, Netscape LDAP server, SMS 2.0, MS telnet Server, MS FTP Server, SERV-U FTP Server, Apache Web Server, and MS DNS/WINS/DHCP Server.
· Languages: Some experience with VB, Perl, C, and C++.
· Firewalls: Checkpoint 4.0-4.1-5.0 (NG), Raptor firewall 6/6.5, Cisco Pix, IPFW, SonicWall (All versions), IPChains, Netscreen, and Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0.
· Server: SecureIIS and Privatewire
· Network & Vulnerability Scanning: NAI Sniffer/Sniffer Pro, eEye Iris scanner, eEye Retina Scanner, Ethereal, Axent NetRecon, Nmap, Nessus, Ettercap, Dsniff, SAINT, SATAN, SARA, and ISS Security Scanner.
· IDS/IPS: ISS RealSecure, Enterasys Dragon, Tipping Point (including writing custom signatures), NFR, Vericept, Checkpoint Smart Defense, Tripwire, and Snort.
· Authentication: Biometrics (including Retina and Fingerprint), LDAP, SecureID/ACE Server (Token-based), RADIUS, and TACACS.
· VPN Appliances: Cylink Nethawk. Nokia CryptoCluster (all versions), Aventail SSL VPN.
· VPN Schemes/algorithms: ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE), IPSEC, SKIP, FWZ, PPTP, L2TP, DES, 3DES, and FWZ-1.
· Hardware: Nokia IPSO platform, Intrusion.com, and Netscreen appliances.
· PKI: Microsoft Certificate Server and Checkpoint Internal CA.
· Security Related Services: SSL, UFP, CVP, and PPTP.
· Security Miscellaneous: Numerous exploit scripts/tools and Cisco router ACL configuration.
· Protocols/Services: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, Active Directory, and SNMP.
· Hardware: Synoptic, Adaptec, Mega-raid, NCR, Compaq, HP, IBM, Toshiba, Cisco switches/routers, Cisco Wireless Products (all versions), Bay Networks (switches), Big IP load balancers, Foundry, and Alteon.
· Routing Protocols/Services: CDP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, PPP, SLIP, VRRP, ISDN, and Frame-Relay.
Due to NDA's, etc. specific names, dates, and references will be provided after an employment agreement, if necessary.