* Squirrel Mail Error

I get the following error while trying to login to squirrelmail:

Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost.
    111 : Connection refused

? How can I dagnose this problem and can you give me the commands? I have root access it's a box at home with apache, php and mysql installed. I followed to isntall mail just to let you guys know. Thanks!

Is imap running on the server? try this at the command line

telnet localhost 143

Yes ur right! problem fixed it wasn't running! stupid self! Hey! do you know how I can make it so that on everydomain name that I have.. I can access the squirellmail via for each domain name that i have so for example:

my first domain name on my server would access mail like:

my 2nd website would access their mail like

You know what i mean? How can I go about doing that? right now in order to access squirellmail i have to actually go to ona of my domain names in which it's located and login via and for my other website i have to use that link to access it.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of any easy way to do that off the top of my head. I've seen some discussion of a way to automate it on Ensim servers, but I don't use Ensim so I have no idea if it works.

you can make something like this... for any domain name on your server to have squirrel at

to do that add this lines in your httpd.conf
    Alias /mail /path/to/your/squirrel
    Alias /mail/ /path/to/your/squirrel/

So just add that and it'll automatically do it? Noone knows how to do it the other way?

yes add that and will do it...
    for i doubt it can be a way... just manually setup a subdomain redirection from Cpanel after account creation...

lol bro i dont have cpanel and i know that can be created cuz i've seen it done before!