Fairly new web host - We need opinions from the client point of view!

Hello,

I am looking for potential web hosting clients to give our company website a review. We launched this website not too long ago, but our staff has been together for quite some time. If you are looking for web hosting yourself, it would be great if you could visit our company website at www.cpqservices.com and let us know what's appealing, what's not, what could be improved, etc...

Moderators:
    I'm not trying to advertise, just trying to get reviews by potential web hosting customers.

Thank you for your reviews,

Cory P.

OK as a client I would say that its a niec enough site but I've seen similar sites 100 time before. Why should I remeber yours? Also not sure about that grey bar on the left.

Just my 2p

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Honestly, I wouldn't work with you for the simple reason that you are using a TM Template. To me, this takes all the professionalism away from a company, no matter how good their support and service is.

^ I found that quite humorous.

---------------------
    Now, to the suggestions:

- You need a logo, or at least nicely placed (high quality) text.

I am not fond of the company name being on the right side, as it would be more fit on the top left (if the womans head wasn't in the way)

- Its never a good idea to put text links over graphic buttons (especially when they don't fit properly) it justs takes too much away from the page.

- You need to pick a specific font and stick with it, you have about 3 fonts going on, which also takes away from the site.

- The red your using for the Live Support section is horrid, its such a wide contrast from the whole site (which makes it look like it was added on at the last minute) the least that could be done is to change it to a subtle blue.

I like the quote you have "Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority. Competition can wait.

Hope I wasn't too harsh.

One of the first things that I noticed was that red rectangle for Help. And the corresponding first thought was why red? Blue and grey seems to be the site's color scheme. The only red is at the Reseller package -- is there a psychological link there? You shouldn't chance it. Use a similar blue green as you have in the header graphics.

Lose the link underlines in your links, especially in your main nav bar.

Use cell padding to get your text off your borders.

Don't put the "Adult content is not allowed!" on your main page. The main page gives it the frist impression your visitors will be getting. You should not have any hint of negativity. Save it for a FAQ page or your product pages. Plus don't say it so bluntly. Your visitor may just be inquiring. They may want to use one of your other services, so don't piss them off.

A client does not want "benevolent" staff, they want "competent" and "dilligent" staff.

In the left side column, some times you use that grey bar with the orange accent, sometimes you don't. I suggest that you don't. Save it for the header and the footer. Use something else for your title backgrounds.

In your Dedicated page, some of your "Order!" links have orange underlines and some have blue underlines. On a side note, you should be more consistant with your colors. If you're going to use orange for "Order", use it all over.
    Last edited by serialbeggar; 03-19-2004 at 02:35 PM.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

^ I found that quite humorous.

Victor is a web designer, who has done design work for us in the past. He is in the process of creating a new design, I didn't just put a fake name on our staff page.

Thank you all for your suggestions and opinions.

No, I know it wasn't a fake name. I just found it funny that you had a web designer when the site was blatantly a template.

all I see is a blank white page.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

same here

Yes we made some modifications to the site, and it was down for a couple days. It is now up again.

As already mentioned, I'd drop the red in the sidebars. It's way to distracting and doesn't blend at all. Overall, the design is good, but the colors could use some work.

The lady pic' scares me, I have no idea why.

The red is bad... most of the site doesnt fit togther at all.

Frankly, I'd start from scratch on a new design.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.