Has anyone used these guys..

Upon looking around, I found these guys: HostDime. They seem to have a decent set of packages for dedicated servers..

I was wondering if anyone else here had experience with the.. Otherwise, I was hoping to get opinions on them..

Thanks!
    T

The Page Cannot Not Be Displayed - Always A Bad Sign
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

Hi,
    Cannot view from here too. I'm from Malaysia.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Me either, and I'm in New York.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Right, its working fine on my cable but it cannot be displayed on my SDSL

BTW they do look legit yes, and their website looks quite professional. According to the web site they do allsorts such as merchant accounts etc and have been in busines since 2001.
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

This is quite a professional company. I have dealt with them (and other satellite companies) in the past, and have had nothing but great service.

One of their other companies (SurpassHosting.com) is one that I have used for web hosting for well over three years now. They did have a server that was a hacked a month or so ago, but backups were used and service was restored pretty quick.

Their support is top-notch, and I've only dealt with them once on the phone. The response was quick, and they knew what they were talking about.

I would definitely get a dedicated server with them if I needed another. You may also want to check out the prices on SurpassHosting.com.

The two companies ARE in different datacenters, however. The main domains are run from the same box, but clients for each company go in separate datacenters.

Give them a shot. I have no hesitation recommending them to you.

In comparing HostDime with Servermatrix.. both look like they offer similar packages with similar prices.. but I just noticed that by default, hostdime gives you two hard drives instead of one (they call it your "backup drive")..

hmmm....

Works from here via cable. Anyway - way too much text on the home page. I think this would keep quite a few visitors away.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Images do not bear meaningful information to be indexed by Google and hence bring no would-be customers.

Loading noww....

Yes, it loads here too.

I'm not sure if it is my ISP network problem, but the site seems to load a lot slower than any other US servers?
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Loads pretty fast for me.... Starhub from Singapore

Loads Normal Here, Put as someone said, too much text there.

Originally posted by Sash!
    Right, its working fine on my cable but it cannot be displayed on my SDSL

BTW they do look legit yes, and their website looks quite professional. According to the web site they do allsorts such as merchant accounts etc and have been in busines since 2001.
    They've been in business since 2001?

Hmmm...

Domain Name: HOSTDIME.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: NS7.HOSTDIME.COM
    Name Server: NS8.HOSTDIME.COM
    Updated Date: 11-jul-2003
    Creation Date: 14-jan-2002
    Expiration Date: 14-jan-2010
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

They've been in business since 2001?

Hmmm...

Domain Name: HOSTDIME.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: NS7.HOSTDIME.COM
    Name Server: NS8.HOSTDIME.COM
    Updated Date: 11-jul-2003
    Creation Date: 14-jan-2002
    Expiration Date: 14-jan-2010
    They might be using another name before this?

Greetings,

Hostdime is a pretty much big company and having their own DC. I know of couple of the folks in their management team and they are all doing very well. Personally I think they are one of the reputable hosts in the industry. Plus the domain registration date doesn't necessarily mean how long you've been business, as you may have been doing business with different name or by the time you started you didn't register the domain immediately.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Hostdime

If you been wondering about it not accessible yesterday, it was due to maintainance on the server which we had to perform to correct few problems on the system.

But generally, it is a good company and it have been improving since last year. It still got some rough areas to clean up but it is pretty good one and they have their own facility in Orlando connected to several backbone networks.

And in case you wondering why I am providing those info, it is because I am the Head Tech over there and I am responsible for most techs under me who I have to keep whipping to keep them in line.

It does say that they started in dec 2001...and the domain wasn't created till january 2002

The date a domain name is registered has nothing to do with the business inception date. Two very different things.

"In business since" always refers to the incorporation/set-up date, on the business organization side. It could well be that their busienss plan was not critical on the specific domain name (if so, that's the sign of a great business plan, good for them!), so they picked the best available when they were ready to go live.

My gift shop has been in business since 1995, but my domain name wasn't registered 'til 1997.

Our hosting company has been in business since 1997, but we didn't put up an online face advertising our presence to the world 'til 1999.

Does that mean I can't say my gift shop has been in business since 1995, and our hosting company has been in business since 1997? Of course not. Business is business. Domain names are domain names.

If they've grown so nicely and taken good care of their customers, great for them that's terrific.

*plink, plink*

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Hi,

I've had webhosting service from HostDime since almost 8 months ago. I must say the support team they have is an excellent pro team of helpers who are in touch with u an 1-6 hours after u create a support ticket.

2 months ago i bought a dedicated server from HD. A P4 2.4 Ghz with Hyper Threading Technology and 1.5 GigaByte DDR Ram. The server is fast and reliable indeed. The first day i had my server up and running, i didn't know how to setup my own DNS servers, i had a ticket opened and my issue was solved 1:30 Hours later. I had one of my friends in Canada that has a very fast internet connection test the download speed off my server and here is the result:

http://66.194.40.245/~mohamed1/pictu...e-download.jpg