Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micfo.com

Micfo.com

has any one had any experience with micfo.com hosting.

want to host a corporate website with them, but need to read from those who have experienced them.......

any experience, advice........please share with me before I sign up.
      0 Not allowed!

Damn, all you need is to rotate a banner at the top of WHT and people start talking about you. Might have to investigate.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

No experience, but you can try searching the forums.
      0 Not allowed!

They seem to be very professional.

I am on the verge of switching from an established host (hostgator) to them just based on the fact that they upsell a lot more Sounds like a stupid plan but those prices are good to look at.

They also have a toll free 24/7 support number. I talked to a sales person and he was pretty good at what he does. Had an accent. Not sure what it was. Didn't seem outsourced.
      0 Not allowed!

ykwabia, I'm hosted with Micfo.com. In fact, all important to me web sites are hosted there. I have experienced absolutely no problems whatsoever so far, but then I've been with them since, let me see... January 2004 Or was it December? hmm.. Anyways, been there for a few months. Server Load is 0%, uptime and speed are both superb. The only trouble ticket I submitted (although it was marked as "urgent") got a response the next minute!

Being knowledgeable enough about the hosting industry, I asked them just for verification if their pricing policy allows them to make money, to which I got a positive response.

Good luck,

Mod Note: According to Micfo, Arthases is a B2B partner of Micfo, we are in the process of establishing what exactly this is.
    Last edited by MattF; 06-02-2004 at 03:29 PM.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

If Artashes vouches for them, that's got to be pretty good.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe Micfo is run by Amir Golestain (CEO of Hostmatix.com).

I have been with Hostmatix for around 18 months now and I have to say I have been very very pleased with their service.

Any problems, even little ones such as requesting an MySQL database or helping me do a back up have been dealt with quickly and efficiently and visible downtime has only occured in October 2003 (for around 3 hours which was I was kindly refunded for) and late February for a couple of hours (which I was again refunded for). And it also seems they do do back-ups (unlike previous companies I have been with) as I lost my entire phpbb forum during the last downtime due to a hacker on the server. However, the Forum was backed-up and worked perfectly when restored.

I don't know about Micfo personally but if it is run the same way as Amir has run Hostmatix.com it will be a well-run, reliable and efficient hosting company.

Cheers - Dav
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/
      0 Not allowed!

Greetings,

Thank you Dav and Artashes for your kind comments.

Dav, as you noticed, Micfo International L.L.C. is another company of Micfo Group and under our ownership. If you have any question or suggestion, you may e-mail me personally.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

If Artashes vouches for them, that's got to be pretty good.
    I wonder... Why do I think the same?
      0 Not allowed!

Because recommendations/testimonials from longstanding members that have made a large contribution to the community mean so much more than the guy that signs up to say how good someone is.

(It's the warm and fuzzy with credibility as you well know)
      0 Not allowed!

Amir is a good business man. I have dealt with Hostmatix in the past and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Hello andy!
    Bill Kish
    TotalChoice Hosting
    Hosting over 50,000 clients since 2000
    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

It's the warm and fuzzy with credibility as you well know.
    Oh yes I know. I should write something about that feeling, how it embraces and lifts you up into the sky... well... almost.
      0 Not allowed!

NexDog, while I, no doubt, greatly appreciate the warm comments you've made (the feelings are somewhat close to what ldcdc described), I do not think it would be fair to put that much more weight on my words - puts a lot of pressure on me personally in return.

Actually, the reason I switched to Micfo is its knowledgeable management team. As dav and TotalChoice put above, the team managing the company is very professional, I had previous experience with them through HostMatix operations and when I learnt they are in the process of creating a new company - I jumped boats when the moment was good.

Best,

0 Not allowed!

i just signed up with them today
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vibesolutions
    i just signed up with them today
    Hey, welcome aboard, Jeff. Well, now its getting crowdy.

0 Not allowed!

Hmm, micfo.com hosting plans seem to have quite a bit of bandwidth for shared hosting. I'd be afraid to use all the bw, in fears of using up too much cpu/resources.

micfo.com hosting plans are like 3-4x the size of hostmatix.com's plans for about same price.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years
      0 Not allowed!

Vamp, that's why I asked them about the same thing. But their response was confident in terms of staying profitable and making money on what they sell. Why go into business if not for making bucks?

0 Not allowed!

For the fun of it, or to have that warm fuzzy feeling in the bottom of your heart that you'd helped someone.

I do webhosting, but Im not out to make a buck, just go cover the costs, and provide some friends/family members with some low cost, GOOD hosting.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years
      0 Not allowed!

I never heard of them, but their template on the website, I saw it on like 5 sites already, lol.
      0 Not allowed!

gghosting, get your facts straight. The Micfo site was designed for them.

If you have evidence of other sites using that "template" perhaps you could post them.
      0 Not allowed!

blue27, thank you for clarifying the issue.

gghosting, this is not a template at all and was designed in house by our own designers as this was explained in another thread. It's nice if you can post some URL addresses to backup your statements.

Thank you.
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know about their service or support. but I have learned one thing about their sales staff.

I've placed two requests for shared hosting here in the last month. In both cases, one salesperson (I won't give names) responded with an offer which would not come close to meeting my requirements.

In fact - the latest (posted today) included a requirement by my customer that the hosting must be US based. Last time I checked, AE was not part of the U.S.

Sorry - but this one has gotten on my "Never use if they were the last hosting company on earth" list due to the time I wasted on checking them out the first time (the second time didn't take me long).
    Jerry Stuckle
    SmarTech Homes, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Greetings Jerry,

We appreciate your input and your point of view is highly respected.

My understanding is if a company's head quarters is based in a different country for example Dubai, AE - and they have a branch in US, this will not necessarily exclude them form being a US hosting provider, considering the servers are based in US, an office in US, plus US toll-free number.

However, on behalf of our sales representative, I apologize from you.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Dont know about micfo.com but was with hostmatix.com Amir's other company and the way he acted and treated me and my company was deplorable. Would never host with someone like him.
      0 Not allowed!

My understanding is if a company's head quarters is based in a different country for example Dubai, AE - and they have a branch in US, this will not necessarily exclude them form being a US hosting provider, considering the servers are based in US, an office in US, plus US toll-free number.
    Let's see... Microsoft has offices all over the world. But I don't think anyone knowledgeable would state they are based anywhere other than Redmond, Wa.

Note the requirment said US Based and No Resellers. It did not say "Based anywhere with an office in the U.S. and possibly reselling some U.S. servers"n

Please don't insult my intelligence!
    Jerry Stuckle
    SmarTech Homes, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ndxb
    Dont know about micfo.com but was with hostmatix.com Amir's other company and the way he acted and treated me and my company was deplorable. Would never host with someone like him.
    Greetings,

As the topic is related to Micfo.com, with my sincere respects to you, I can't find any reason you bringing another company's issue to others attention, even if its HostMatix related. You can post your point of you, if the thread as concerning HostMatix.com.

However I'm truly sorry of you didn't have a good experience with our company. However if you are interested, I can bring of the issue to everyone's attention on why we didn't un-lock your domain name for the transfer. I don't find it necessary to disclose your private issue to others, thus I don't find even nice of you by brining a 14 old month issue up to this thread.

Thank you for your understanding!

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jstuckle
    Let's see... Microsoft has offices all over the world. But I don't think anyone knowledgeable would state they are based anywhere other than Redmond, Wa.

Note the requirment said US Based and No Resellers. It did not say "Based anywhere with an office in the U.S. and possibly reselling some U.S. servers"n

Please don't insult my intelligence!
    Greetings,

Please accept my sincere apologies, in no way I meant to insult your intelligence. What you are saying is absolutely correct. I'm mistaken and apparently there was a misunderstanding between you and our sales reps.

Thank you in advance for accepting our sincere apologies. Good luck with your future hosting provider.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

That, Amir, would be **your** version of why you didnt unlock the domain. I would be happy to furnish all my emails and correspondence, including the fact that my payment was made on time. I have posted details on that issue before, so I wont bother again.

The reason I posted on this thread is b/c of the experience I had with hostmatix, which is owned by you. Even if micfo is a different company, the management is still the same eh?

Anyways, good day to you.
      0 Not allowed!

Greetings,

My apologies to other members on the board. However since he brought up the issue, I've got no choice but to let everyone know the fact.

The fact is that about 14 months ago we had some network issues with our other company, HostMatix.com, and things were sorting out

This gentleman e-mailed our billing department and requested to not have his account suspended due to the fact that no payment for that month was made by him and he mentioned that he's waiting for his new credit card as the current one was closed by him due to some unknown reasons and asked us if we can let his site go live for another week or two which we did.

Coupe of days before the deadline we received an e-mail from same person, requesting the cancellation and termination of his account, where no payment was made. He refused to make the payment for some other unknown reasons. We trusted him, where we could've suspended his account at first place before we get to this stage. But my understanding was that he was already aware, there was no credit card issue, and he was transferring his reseller account to another hosting provider, and he needed a week time until all his sites were moved completely.

We simply told him we wont unlock the domain unless the outstanding balance is made. I believe as an hosting vendor we have the right to receive our payment for the service we have provided. Regardless of if we had an issue with our network.

He called our office, saying he's gonna come with police there, because we didn't receive our payment!

Since his outstanding amount wouldn't whether make our company a multi billion or bankrupt us, we decided to unlock his domain before he gets the police to our office and they close our business :-)

Plus even if the management is still the same, when its not a HostMatix related, you cannot simply come and trash on others. I hope moderators will take a look into this thread.

Now the judgment is with others.
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quite funny your version of events Amir. This is the older original thread that had the real story about amir and hostmatix.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=180719
      0 Not allowed!

And to refresh your memory, you were threatened with police action since you were holding an innocent client's domain name (which was registered through domainciti.com) hostage.

And let's not forget the fact that hos domain name became magically unregistered and then was re-registered (unknown to the client) in hostmatix's name, leaving the client helpless.

You can go on telling your lies Amir. As long as some people know what u're capable of. As for your payment alibi, I was charged on my visa from paysystems - prob something you had no idea about

A search of hostmatix on WHT will show you the negative reviews of the company. But then what can you expect from a comapny that puts up fake testimonials from you on their website?

Perhaps I shouldnt have mentioned it here, you are correct. But people deserve to know about the management of a company. I wouldnt even have brought the issue up if I didnt leave hostmatix with such a bitter taste.

That's all I'll say about this. Good day.
    Last edited by ndxb; 04-11-2004 at 03:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Amir, as always, a noble way to resolve situation.

I would like to address Jerry's big concern about the US based host, who took extra effort to come and post about this.

As my personal opinion goes, I think that when people ask for an US-based host, in this industry it would mean the servers should be located in the United States for better connectivity. As to where the company is operating from - it wouldn't really matter at all, not ignoring the fact that Micfo actually HAS an office in the USA, so I don't see how they would not be considered also a US-based hosting company.

If I were to have offices, say, in New York, Montreal and London, I would present myself as a company based in those cities. In your case, your offer was matched perfectly, so I fail to see the real reason behind you taking time to make the posts.

Best,

0 Not allowed!

Artashes,

Just like Microsoft can be considered a "France Based Company" or a "Japan Based Company" becuase they have offices there?

A company can have exactly ONE base. It may have many different branch offices - but those are not its base.

It may not be your interpretation - but it is the interpretation of the business community world-wide - and is not based on the type of business involved. I see you are in Canada - but the last time I checked, the Canadian Financial Community had the same definition.

But I also see you are hosted by Micfo, so I don't think your opinion is completely unbiased, either.

Jerry
    Jerry Stuckle
    SmarTech Homes, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

ndxb,

I can get a screenshot from our merchant, PaySystems.com and proof it to everyone that your last payment was not made and get all the documents disclosed to everyone that no payment was made.

You could simply not cheat one someone's business and would say the fact, that you are considering to terminate your account with HostMatix.com and you need a week time to move your accounts. We would have no problems with that at all.

Everyone here is enough mature and all hosting providers has the experience of dealing with such clients like, there's no point for me lie. Since it came to this stage, people can check the attachment for your payment records.

Needless to say, HostMatix.com has got a very good reputation around the industry and some posts such as yours are so familiar here. The grown up person and who's enough mature can realize who's right and who's wrong.

Every company has it's own time, where they are experiencing their problems such as network connectivity. By that time, we have our server co-located in Burst.net datacenter and everyone know who had their servers leased/co-located there know what a nightmare it was at that time.

Go back to page one and you'll find out those people who have dealt with both companies, Micfo.com and HostMatix.com, they all have good thing to say. However still there are people who for some reasons weren't happy with our services. As nature of human, we all ask for more and whatever we get ain't enough to us, and we blame the hosting vendors. Still I admit that by 14 months ago we had a month of problem, where to core router at the datacenter was gone nut.

Due to nature of Cpanel, when an account is terminated, an e-mail is sent to the admin. Following was the e-mail that we have in records, that clearly stats when your account was terminated per your request, an the attached image shows your payment records:

----- Original Message -----
    To: <[email protected]>
    Sent: Sunday, Jul 17, 2003 3:19 PM
    Subject: Account Terminated on may.hostmatix.com (webdubai.com)

+===================================+
    | Account Info |
    | Domain: webdubai.com
    | UserName: webdubai
    Account was owned by webdubai
    Account removed by root (root)

I'm sorry for posting these information, we respect our clients, however when you want to challenge for no reason and disrespect, we've got no choice but to proof it to others on the board so they can judge about it.

Once again my apologies to other members on the board.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails records.gif  
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Greetings Jerry,

Its doesn't mean if someone is disagreeing with your point of with, they are supporting their hosting provider. Your statements are your point of view and doesn't necessarily mean everyone should think they way you do.
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Amir,

No, my point of view is in agreement with the point of view of the general business community in the United States.

You are free to have any opinions you wish. I'll stick with those of the vast majority.
    Jerry Stuckle
    SmarTech Homes, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Jerry,

I truly respect your point of view and have got nothing against it. As a human nature, we all have our own choice to make and our own point of view.

I have got nothing against you or your valued clients. My respects to you.

Good luck.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

That screenshot does not prove anything by the way - it can be easily manipulated.

Anyways, I know what happened - and I can get my client to come on here and vouch for how you refused to hand over his domain name even though he registered it on his own as an independent name, just b/c he was a client of mine.

Anyways, all said and done, I would hardly make a deal about $39, it's the principle of the whole thing that pissed me off. Anyway, good luck to you in both your businesses.

You might very well provide good services to other clients - I just wanted people to know about my personal experiences that's all.

Good day.
    Last edited by ndxb; 04-12-2004 at 03:24 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jstuckle
    Just like Microsoft can be considered a "France Based Company" or a "Japan Based Company" becuase they have offices there?
    No. Software world is not hosting world. In the hosting industry when you ask for a host "based" in the UK, then a lot of people would assume you want a host that operates their servers in that region. Having representation in the face of the office is a plus, but not a given.

But I also see you are hosted by Micfo, so I don't think your opinion is completely unbiased, either.
    Jerry, I don't think you have to worry about my opinion. As long as I pay for the service, it makes my opinion just as strong as anyone else's. And the fact that I put links to their site as a sign of appreciation for great service just backs up my initial opinion of the company.

What I don't understand is why take so much effort to make a post that you didn't get a customized offer that fit your needs precisely, as you see it, and then spend time proving your point.

Best,

0 Not allowed!

No. Software world is not hosting world. In the hosting industry when you ask for a host "based" in the UK, then a lot of people would assume you want a host that operates their servers in that region. Having representation in the face of the office is a plus, but not a given.
    No, the software world is not the hosting world. But they are both part of the BUSINESS WORLD. Where a company is based is a common concept, both in business and law. And nothing you say can change that.

Jerry, I don't think you have to worry about my opinion. As long as I pay for the service, it makes my opinion just as strong as anyone else's. And the fact that I put links to their site as a sign of appreciation for great service just backs up my initial opinion of the company.
    It does mean your opinion is not unbiased - and therefore "tainted".

What I don't understand is why take so much effort to make a post that you didn't get a customized offer that fit your needs precisely, as you see it, and then spend time proving your point.
    Actually, I have four offers I am looking at - ALL of which meet my needs.

My point here is - there are a few people who are attempting to present themselves as something they are not. Under U.S. law, that is considered fraud.
    Jerry Stuckle
    SmarTech Homes, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast