• Managed

14 16.87%
  • ServerBeach

10 12.05%
  • Ev1server

17 20.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

which one: ServerMatrix, Managed, ServerBeach, Ev1server

I need your opinions, so I'm doing a poll. I need a server from a company that will have reliable uptime with minimal downtime and good support. I don't want to drive my customers away with downtimes and bad support.

Cost is also an issue but ServerMatrix, Managed, ServerBeach & Ev1server seem to close in price. I'm would like a server under $140 mark. Yes, Managed is the least expensive but I've read horror stories about their down times. So, I think I should stay away from them if I don't want to loose clients. Please vote on the poll and put in your 2 cents.

Thanks

Please post comments supporting your vote. This will help in making my decission. Thanks.

I vote for SM.

That's nice. Why you vote SM?

Remember: I need good support and optimal reliable uptime so my clients don't leave.

I've seen people complain about managed.com in other threads yet managed is getting some votes. What's up with that? No comments?

It looks like nobody likes Ev1?

I'd better cast my vote towards the end of the year. Your clients will definitely leave while waiting for us to vote. :-)

Why would people vote for serverbeach/managed over ev1servers?
    Last edited by RobTheGolfer; 03-18-2004 at 02:56 PM.

Just take the hint SM has more votes than the other 3 put together
    --

I put my reply in for EV1, based upon great product and customer support. Here's an example: I installed the APF firewall on my server so that I can batten down the hatches a bit. Well, I screwed up as I locked myself out of my server via SSH. So, I went to the EV1 support page, fill out a ticket and asked someone to execute "service apf stop". The ticket was acknowledged and completed within 40 minutes at no cost to me. This was also on a Sunday afternoon.

--John

I am new to dedicated server hosting, I just have short experience of both managed.com and servermatrix.com. And I have comment for both of them.

Managed.com
    Price is very attractive, no setup fee. It is pretty good for beginner; however, their customer support and after sales service are not pretty good. Because I tried to contact them by phone, and I have to leave voice message to them all the time. Besides, I have 3-5 down times with them. On average their down time is around 2-6 hrs everytime. My personal comment for this company, do not get a server for business purpose, then worth to try. It is good for someone get it for learning purpose.

ServerMatrix.com
    I just got a server from them two days ago, after a server request submission, and I receive their sales rep phone call for confirmation within 5 minutes. That's pretty fast!! And my server was ready to use after 2 hrs. Besides, I submitted few trouble tickets to them, and I just got their speedy reply compare with Managed.com, they will reply me usually within 10-20 minutes.
    Although when I got my server, which missing cpanel key license, they just get it fix for me within 10 minutes, so I am very happy with them.

EV1
    I did not use it personal, but my friend's company did. I just know they have quality servers, and their servers sold out most of time. And they have fair after sales support. However, their price are rasing up a lot, so take your own choice.
    Henry

Originally posted by friendzone
    around 2-6 hrs everytime
    I think it would be a lot more helpful if you spke the truth instead of lying. I cant remember at all when managed.com have had a downtime of longer then 45mins...
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

Yes, that's what i was saying. Maybe I am kind of bad lucky, coz I just used both managed.com and servermatrix.com for a short period of time.

I heard managed.com is getting better now, maybe get a server from them next time for testing purpose. Coz I really scare of clients' complain.
    Henry

EV1 is pretty decent. Support needs to be improved IMO. We've been with them for a while, and are pretty happy

Just want to know, is managed.com resell server for someone? Because they look do not have in-house tech support.
    Henry

managed sell their own servers, they do have in house support, they have excellent support in fact!
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

oh ok, coz i did not see any trouble ticket support or etc. I can only reach them by email. Besides, I got message body at their email. However, the URL is never work, so no idea. Anyway, thank for let me know that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this response helpful? We would be grateful if you would submit a short rating for this response as part of our satisfaction monitoring.

https://helpdesk.managed.com/cgi-bin...onse&nid=xxxxx

View Your Ticket Online: https://helpdesk.managed.com/cgi-bin...call&id=xxxxxx
    Henry

I think GNAX should be one of the choices ..
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

ev1servers well, support dont even bother, go on irc chat they are either out for a smoke break or playing video games. so any of them but ev1

Originally posted by MStar
    Just take the hint SM has more votes than the other 3 put together
    Yep, I think I know which one I will get

i hate how you get a 10mbp on sm and have to ask pay for 100

Good Poll. Interesting Votes though.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

haha, my managed's server is down again. It is really what I paid for.
    Henry

Originally posted by friendzone
    haha, my managed's server is down again. It is really what I paid for.
    I've been in e-mail correspondence with sales at managed.com for the last 3 days or so. They always replied to my questions. Yesterday, I emailed them stating that their reputation is not so good in this forum. Guess what? No reply!

You should check for the servermatrix promos, looks great!

Originally posted by dangol
    You should check for the servermatrix promos, looks great!
    I've seen them posted by YourHost but how long do these promos good for? How soon do they expire after his post? I say a free Cpanel/WHM combo for free on Mar 8th.

Can these promos be packaged? For example: free 2nd HDD and RAM upgrade?

SM all the way

EV1 is getting a bit expensive I think… They should change their banner on the front page (WHT). “Windows servers from $89.00” correct me if I’m wrong, but I cannot find that on their site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast