Free SSL Certificate?

Hey Guys/Gals,

Used to be able to get free ssl certs for apache from freessl.com they have since started charging. Anyone know of any other services that offer a free cert for a year or so and not just 30day trial?

Cheers.

Self-signed SSL

but are there no 3rd party ones? just looks better if it isnt signed from me doesnt it?

Try ipsca.com, they offer a free one for 6 months, doesn't appear to be an obvous catch.

Free certificates are almost impossible to get..self signed ones are your best option if not too concerned with 'Trust'.
    If your using it on a site where people will be visiting your site then you really do need to buy one.
    Expect to pay around $50 for a one year certificate, I know none of use like parting with money but $50 or under is, in my mind, a fair price.

FreeSSL offered free certificates to get people onto their books, the free offer was very short lived.

You could get a chained SSL certificate from EV1. It doesn't have the same browser compatablility but it's good in 90% of the cases.
    $19.95

I'd also like to know where to find this for free or at least for a low price.