Search Engines and shared IP address

Lets say that my site only needs maximum 10MB of space to run and max. bandwidth of 10Gb /month.

I am sure everybody agree that a dedicated server for my site would be an unnecessary expense.

But my main problem here is search engines. I have read somewhere around these forums that shared IPs are not the favourites of the search engines.

I want your views on it. Are there any solutions that can be eficient for my relatively small website?

Most of the time if not all of the time you are on shared hosting you are sharing an IP address, I was on a shared host for a while and had no problems with search engines. The use DNS to get to your site, I do not see how sharing an IP would matter.

Any further info you would have would be helpful.

Thanks Ras

What you say is too good to be truth.

What if a user of a shared server gets banned by search engines? Will the Rest of the users who share that IP get banned as well?

First of all, almost all shared hosting now uses shared IP. So I doubt seriously the validity of such wife's tale. The truth is, nobody really knows their exact ranking algorithms.

That said, if it is so important, buy a dedicated IP. Most hosts will be willing to allow you to buy a dedicated IP for a certain price monthly (just a couple of dollars probably).
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Hi AlexP
    Believe what you will however a shared IP has absolutely no effect on your search engine standings and the fact that a site sharing the same IP as yours gets band will have no effect either.

As sprintserve says, it is just a wife's tale conjured up to sell IP's when they were abundant and it still hasn't died yet.
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

According my knowledge, shared IP does not affect on searchengine ranking.

Tas, Australia
    As sprintserve said, if that is really that important to you. Buy one.
    New site:

EU - east side
    Maybe you can find some more answers at
    AFAIK you're generally safe with the search engines with a shared IP. There are just too many websites on shared IPs and the search engines know this very well.

Above The Clouds
    Search engines used to ban IPs in the days before shared hosting but now they will only ban on a per name basis.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Everybody seem to agree on one thing, which makes me happy.

Thanks for your replies guys.