Would you want to be hosted on this server?

Had a new customer having trouble getting some scripts to run so he sent this in a ticket as the config his current host was running.

General server information:
    Operating system Linux
    Kernel version 2.4.18-17.7.x
    Apache version 1.3.27 (Unix)
    PERL version 5.6.1
    Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
    Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Installed Perl Modules Click to View
    PHP version 4.3.2
    MySQL version 4.0.18-standard
    cPanel Build 8.5.3-STABLE 3
    Theme cPanel X v2.2.5=20

I am amazed that there are web host that do not update software. .

Be very surprise. A lot don't. Not all hosts do at least. I remember the shared hosting I used to have. The software is several years old.

I also have a recent client who is still running RH 6.2 and haven't upgraded anything in 2 years.
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Well going from that I guess there is at least 1 remote exploit and 2-3 local

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

I've seen it lots of times, and most the time those clients (that come from outdated servers) have the most trouble setting thier sites up on my servers.
    Heck I had one client come from cPanel 4x and the server had old old old versions of all the software like apache, mysql etc.
    It is rather pathetic to see!!

Personally I feel you don't know how to keep up on updates, you have no place runnig a web hosting business and putting clients sites at risk.
    Regards,
    Eric

Some folks think they will never get hit, until they do. Some even after they get hit, they still take risks, it is amazing.

I have seen a live 5.1 redhat running with an old BIND version 8 and Apache/1.3.26. I feel sorry for the guy who has it, he thinks it is a safe server (it is not, just somehow tremendously lucky no one has spotted it yet).

Oh well...
    Hostito, Inc. - Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    http://www.hostito.com
    [email protected] - 1 888 467 8486

The only positive there is the CPanel build, they avoided all the recent headaches....