superbhosting - second opinion please

After recovering from dot5 nightmare, I'm now considering superbhosting as my next host. I chatted with their sales rep and he confirmed that my requirement can be met if I choose U power hosting plan. The plan sounds promising however, being a victim of do5hosting, I certainly don't want to repeat the same story. So, I'm kindly asking you to give me your opinion before joining superbhosting. Thank you.

My board is a text based vBulletin board (no attachments), has almost 300M of data, 5K registered users, 50-70 average online users (15 minutes intervals), 700M daily bandwidth.
    Last edited by Bassam; 03-17-2004 at 11:56 PM.

Re: superbhosting - second opinion please

Originally posted by Bassam
    After recovering from dot5 nightmare, I'm now considering superbhosting as my next host. I chatted with their sales rep and he confirmed that my requirement can be met if I choose U power hosting plan. The plan sounds promising however, being a victim of do5hosting, I certainly don't want to repeat the same story. So, I'm kindly asking you to give me your opinion before joining superbhosting. Thank you.

My board is a text based vBulletin board (no attachments), has almost 300M of data, 5K registered users, 50-70 average online users (15 minutes intervals), 700M daily bandwidth.
    The Unix Plan http://www.superbhosting.net/upower.php is a nice package for what you pay. Depends on your needs. Take notice of a couple of things:
    Inquire about the database size, I think it was 100 mb for that plan either all in 1 database or split among up to 5 databases.
    Also notice SSH is not available with that plan.
    IMAP is available but you have no File Manager or FTP access to IMAP files (webmail folder).
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Superb is a solid company with a great reputation overall. If the plan fits your needs, I think you'll be happy.

- John C.

Inquire about the database size, I think it was 100 mb for that plan either all in 1 database or split among up to 5 databases.
    Thanks intellec for noticing that. You are a life saver!
    I was about to click on "submit" when I decided to check my post again before subscribing with superbhosting.

I chatted with different superbhosting sales agents. In fact, I had a chat with some of the agents more than once using different names, and they all told me that all my requirements can be met without any problem. I even posted a request here at WHT with detailed requirement and received an offer from superbhosting!