Question Transfer between eNom resellers

About an hour ago I put in a transfer of a domain from one eNom reseller to another (registerfly.com). Other than an order confirmation from registerfly.com, I haven't received any other email regarding the transfer.

Can anyone tell me what I should expect in this scenaraio? I've tranfered hundreds of domain between registrars in the past and am familiar with the notification emails that are received from both the gaining and losing registrars. But I'm not familiar with an eNom->eNom transfer.

One thing I've no idea of is whether or not the domain is locked. Is there any way to tell? Secondly, if it is locked, will it block a reseller-to-reseller transfer? And can the current eNom reseller block the transfer?

Thanks.

RegisterFly.com transfers even within enom are handled as a registrar to registrar transfer. There will be no difference with the fact that your domain is registered with an enom reseller or another registrar for that matter.

I would recommend you do a whois on the domain name you are transferring to ensure the status of the domain shows ACTIVE and also check the admin and registrant email contacts since this is where the confirmation to approve the transfer will go to
    Domain Maven

Thanks. I just logged in to the domain management and found that I don't have the domain locked. All email addresses are current.

If it operates as a registrar to registrar transfer, then I'd guess I can expect at least one email for the transfer verification. I'm guessing there would be no losing registrar verification process as is common with most registrar to registrar transfers.

How quickly can I expect to see some kind of email for the verification?

From experience 1-4 hours after you submit they transfer they will send you a confirmation that you need to approve. Once you approve they will submit to the losing registrar
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    I would recommend you do a whois on the domain name you are transferring to ensure the status of the domain shows ACTIVE
    Ah, ok. I see now what you mean by the domain status that appears in an eNom whois. A locked domain shows "registrar-lock" while an unlocked one shows "Active".

This is correct
    Domain Maven