Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

phpManager or Whois.Cart?

I am currently using phpManager, I like it but I am having a few problems with it. I have also been looking at Whois.Cart and it looks very good for the price and easy to use as I have been on their online demo's. Is there anyone that uses Whois.Cart or has had it before and is willing to let me know what it is like and is it better than phpManager?

all help is much appreciated.....

I've never used phpmanager but I am currently using whoiscart and it does a great job. Excellent price too (About the price of a good dinner at a decent restaurant).

my vote is for whoiscart ,I am switchinhg over from phpmanager now. to WIC
    Whois does not have a support mod ...yet ,one is on the way

Oh by the way Whoiscart has a PHPManager converter available.

Whois.cart is a nice clean script to work with. While it does not have the support feature it does have domain registration built in. You will find that the developer or whois.cart is very open to suggestions and available for help.

You will find whois.cart easier to install, setup, and maintain. It does not have the troubled past of phpManager. I have had to upgrade, mod, or hack phpManager too many times to keep it working so I have since left it behind.

thanks for your comments everyone. I think i'll buy Whois.Cart in a couple of weeks.

I have whoiscart, and version 3 is a complimentary upgrade when its released. It will have support features. Its a great product

We used to have phpmanager, but had to dump it.
    We just installed whoiscart the other day primarily for the domain registration side of things and so far I am very impressed.
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

We used WhoisCart but not really useful... buy something that would last for quite sometime, WHMAutoPilot is professional, cheap comparing to others and bug free

Good Luck,

I look on Whois.cart too. Phpmanager hold on one place
    almost year.
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

Originally posted by Admin_user
    We used WhoisCart but not really useful... buy something that would last for quite sometime, WHMAutoPilot is professional, cheap comparing to others and bug free

Good Luck,
    That assumes that you are using cpanel
    Blacknight

Originally posted by blacknight
    That assumes that you are using cpanel
    Yup, requirements are:

WHM AutoPilot

Minimum Server Requirements:
    UNIX / Linux Operating System
    cPanel/WHM required
    Zend Optimizer™ > 2.1.0
    OR IonCube Runtime Decoders
    MySQL Database Connectivity

Minimum PHP Compiled Requirements
    PHP Version 4.2.x - (no dev builds)
    mcrypt() support, curl & curl SSL support (compiled)
    safe_mode = Off
    open_basedir = no value ( should display empty )
    PhpSuExec is not supported in v2.x

I currently switched over to Whois.cart myself (stepped down from MB, due to cost effectiveness) and I have found it to be a good script. Saeven (the creator of whois.cart) is very helpful and monitors his forums daily. Its a simple to use script and is not bloated with all the extra features. I belive they even said in their forums that when version 3 comes out there will be the option to buy a dev license (which would allow developers to customize the normally encoded code)
    Luke Moran
    WebHostingChat Friendly Webhosting Guide

Originally posted by Admin_user
    Yup, requirements are:

WHM AutoPilot

Minimum Server Requirements:
    UNIX / Linux Operating System
    cPanel/WHM required
    Zend Optimizer™ > 2.1.0
    OR IonCube Runtime Decoders
    MySQL Database Connectivity

Minimum PHP Compiled Requirements
    PHP Version 4.2.x - (no dev builds)
    mcrypt() support, curl & curl SSL support (compiled)
    safe_mode = Off
    open_basedir = no value ( should display empty )
    PhpSuExec is not supported in v2.x
    Well, although this may shock you, not everybody uses cpanel. Wow!!
    Blacknight

If I was chosing between phpManager and Whois.cart I would go with Whois.cart all the way.

I used to use phpManager (now known as NeoManager) but the development and as well administration behind phpManager seemed to be very lacking.

Even lately, even though they are trying to pull things back together, there seems to be a lack of communication.

Whereas Whois.cart is in active development. Seems to really making strides forward and has quickly become a player of note in the competitive client management software market.

I still use ClientExec but am seriously considering purchasing Whois.cart in the very near future.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

If you wanted some thing for money go with Whois.Cart, all the way.

After all the crap with phpmanager, owner changes, licenses not working if their server was inaccessible, etc etc, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole now.

I'm using whois.cart and I like it, clean, simple, does one job (billing) and doesn't try to do helpdesk and 20 other things.

Just bill my customers, let me know when they don't pay, and the domain registrations and integration with Directadmin are just icing on my cake
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Whois cart is a good program. What you get for the money is fantastic. I have dumped off phpmanager because its poor and unworkable. Don,t be fooled by the upgrade of phpmanager to neomanager either like we where. Its the same script packaged with different graphics with a couple of extra,s like resellers and servers which also has been promised for months to customers. Whois cart has good support phpmanager his little or non.

phpmanager is like buying your dog plastic to eat for supper. It just doesn't work.

Whois.Cart is wonderful it is like buying your dog a nice bowl of Kibbles and Bits.

I have never used phpmanager but had whoicart running. You cant get much out there for 35 bucks. It is a very nice script but lacks alot of features that many of the major ones out there have. They will be coming out with a new version that will add some nice features that 2 was missing.
    TOTALWEBHQ
    Totalweb Headquarters Inc. | New York Datacenter
    Hosting|Teamspeak|VPS|Dedicated|Colocation
    sales@totalwebhq.com www.totalwebhq.com

i am using Phpmanger and it is a very good and capable bit of software.
    i purchsed PHPMANAGER and the upgrade to neomanager, included in my origiional purchase, is a bonus.
    After all, if i bought windows 2000 do u see an included upgrade to windows XP?
    David Spalton
    solidWEB.io:- European Webhosting
    uptimeBar.com:- Server Monitoring from 25+ locations worldwide
    UK: 0330 0010 433 US: +1 (646) 233-2289

It is a very nice script but lacks alot of features that many of the major ones out there have
    yes that is correct,but also you are NOT paying for lots of features, that you will not use.

I really dont want software that does everything(takes the cat out before bed)I just want to bill my customers and be able to handle their info easily.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind comments. I interject with a small information if I may..

It is a very nice script but lacks alot of features that many of the major ones out there have
    The truth is that Whois.Cart() was originally built to compete with the guys on this comparison page, http://whoiscart.net/comparison.php and not with those you above suggest.

We did a thorough job of taking care of these guys with our features etc. The reality is that while your comparisons above might ring true, Whois.Cart() was never intended to bite out of the people it's commonly compared with; WHMAP, ModernBill and now the new entries on the market - LPanel etc. That people pit our Whois.Cart() against these is flattering in fact, and in most cases it will do the job just as well - but this level of elevation was done by our users and the web hosting populace, not by any of our marketing campaigns for example. We are extremely recognizant of this support and esteem however, and we've been working behind the scenes to deliver something of our developmental caliber with the 'greater' softwares in mind. We'd never have built Whois.Cart() to fight giants like MoBill and WHMAP who collectively pretty much own monopoly. Silverstar however will do as thorough a job with these, as Whois.Cart() had done with the lesser caste of offerings. Please keep in mind when posting what was quoted above, that the shortcomings are not a lack of features, but an excess of functionality in a different class that allow it to contend, very well at that, in a different field.

Best regards as always.
    Alex (Saeven)
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

Whois cart has my VOTE

Seems like everyone is offline. No one seems to be answer my basic question of if WhoisCart supports billing of non domain or hosting items

also how does whoiscart takes care of refund?

Joshua

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast