Question What do you think about –inc.com or –co.com or –ltd.com “extension” in domain name?

The point is that domain name
    myname.com
    myname.net
    myname.biz
    were already taken.

I’d like to get
    myname-inc.com
    or
    myname-co.com
    or
    myname-ltd.com

What do you think about such “extension” as –inc. or –co. or –ltd.? Are they common? I do not want to lose the traffic just because people forget to type an “extension” or hit return too early.

Thank you.

well my first advice get another name
    second is to take like mynamenet.com or mynamenet.net if its internet related
    third you can use mynameco.com if your name is unique like YahooCo.com or internetCo.com

dont use the - it might lose some traffic for that.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

the hyphen will annoy people, basically we are all lazy and stupid deep down, andwe'll forget to type it, so you'd need the unhphenated version too or risk losing type-in traffic

xyzltd.com - woudlnt bother with unless you are a ltd company

personally, i'd look for a different name that is available than ending the ixisting one with co/ltd/inc
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Buy the .com from the current owners.

timechange is a rich man
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Not!

Re: What do you think about –inc.com or –co.com or –ltd.com “extension” in domain name?

Originally posted by Oleks

I’d like to get
    myname-inc.com
    or
    myname-co.com
    or
    myname-ltd.com

What do you think about such “extension” as –inc. or –co. or –ltd.? Are they common? I do not want to lose the traffic just because people forget to type an “extension” or hit return too early.

Thank you.
    you would lose a huge amount of traffic with a name like that, very difficult to remember in terms of both the ending and the hyphen.