dedicated server suggestion

Hi all. I need a dedicated server, but i don't know where to buy it and neither whic hardware i need.

My site has about 5000 unique visitors per day and is an italian site with about 50Gb/month

How can i determine which hardware i need??
    I want a unix system but I don't have any experience in server administration, then i need someone do this for me.

Can someone give me some suggestions?

Thanks
    Andrea

muppy .... you can just get a server from EV1 and hire a server management company to take care of it for you.

i say you need probably P4 2.4GHZ, 1GB RAM and you should be good for your website.

Originally posted by Tracert
    muppy .... you can just get a server from EV1 and hire a server management company to take care of it for you.
    I've seen EV1 the offer control panells (like plesk, cpanel etc...)
    if i have i have a control pannel will i need a management company to take care of my server?? If yes can you sugget me someone?
    thanks
    Andrea

If it's just static HTML pages, I'd say a celeron with 512mb ram would be just enough to sustain it.
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

You don't really need a dedicated server for 50GB of bandwidth per month. You could sign up for a reseller account with a quality host, or just for a large shared hosting package (such packages do exist, and not on overselling crappy hosts, but reputable ones,) and don't have to worry about managing the server - just your site.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Originally posted by X F e L i X
    You don't really need a dedicated server for 50GB of bandwidth per month. You could sign up for a reseller account with a quality host, or just for a large shared hosting package (such packages do exist, and not on overselling crappy hosts, but reputable ones,) and don't have to worry about managing the server - just your site.
    Hy, i use various ph scripts and my actual hoster say i need too much cpu usage. Do you think a shared hosting package may be right fom me?

Can someone suggest me some goog company which offer good shared hosting ?

Thanks
    Andrea

Good day Andrea,
    Mind telling us what are the contents in your site?

In my own opinion,
    1. Your current host has a crowded/low specifications server
    2. The host did not optimise their server accordingly

As running PHP isn't using up too much of server resources compare to JSP.

I will suggest you to get a Shared Account, since I found that you should be using around 400MB diskspace (according to the visitors and bandwidth) and it is not worth to start a dedicated server.

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

3. It could also be due to your script(s) being very poorly written.

I have another suggestion for you. Try looking at a VPS solution at ServInt. With a solution like this you have many benefits, here are just a few:

1) You don't need to worry about managing your server, ServInt will manage it for you.

2) You have a guaranteed amount of server resources and can burst to far over that amount during peak times of usage on your forum.

3) You can get started on a VPS for much less than it would cost for a full dedicated server.

4) A VPS is like having your own mini-server and you can have root access.

Try dinix or vpscolo

Plz take a look to www.ondatech.it

They may offer what you're searching for, and they offer support in Italian.

You may manage your server by control panel without any Unix experience