What opening offer should I place for a domain that is a .com?

I am trying to buy a .com domain through doaminshop.com and they ask for a starting offer. I have never done this before and could use some advice for a starting offer? And what would be too much to pay for the domain? Also, is domainshop.com a reputable company? Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Truly depends on the domain. I know that doesn't help so if you send me a PM I will give you my opinion.

what's it worth to you, right now you have your high-end figure
    what do you think they'll accept for it ? now you have you middle figure
    what do you think is a bit of a cheekily low price ? now you have a starting bid

work from there
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

My take is that never start with a bid/offer that you canNOT justify later with the final sale price. In other words, when you are buying, don't start with $100 if you are to go for $1,000. To tell the truth, many do just that silly; that's also how they lose A LOT of sales.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.