Is this site worth 2500 / $4500

I know that this is not an offer but I am requesting people's opinion on this:

I have come across a site which is up for sale the details are as follows:

Cost : 2500 / $4500
    Advertsing Commission : 1000 ($1800) per year + income from Google

Unique Visitors: ~ 30,000 per month
    Hits: ~ 140,000 per month

Domain name: .co.uk
    Current Alexa Rating: 450,000
    No. of Links to the site = 1511
    Listed in all major search engines

Please tell me what you think this site is worth? Would I be getting a good deal?

Thanking you all in advance!

well we can't guage it without knowing the content and what type of site it is, I know you want to keep the name out of the post but another factor is how much its getting a month from google, usually sites for sale start at 6 months income x 1.20(for increase in traffic over a 6 month period) so at this point without knowing more details the site from its income alone is only worth around 700 pounds then add in the factors you left out that i mentioned above.
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

here some more details to go on:

The site in question is a DVD review site
    The site currently receives 150 - 200 free DVDs' per year to review (value of approx 1500).

The site has 300+, 850+ news articles

What would the valuation be based on these details, the income and the traffic coming in to the site?

I'd say its worth it then, if you throw up affiliate links ont eh website where you get a percentage of dvds sold and or have links that saw wanna buy this dvd click here yeah its worth it
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

Don't forget the upkeep.

Lets say it takes you 2 and a half hours to watch and review each DVD.

2.5x200 = 500 hours.

$1800/500 = $3.6/hour

hes got a point

he does have a point - but the design work on the site is of v.high quality and the current owner is going to provide us with all his contact from the PR industry - i feel that this in itself is quite valuable...

Yes, but you'd be making half of what you would flipping burgers at McDonalds.

you are responsible for reviewing all of the DVDS you get. The PR companies give it to you to watch and review. They aren't meant to sit in your closet. You'll have to enjoy watching movies as this will be a very labor intensive site. BTW: It's easy to get free dvds. Any movie site can call the PR rep and get them. The benefit of this site is that it is already established and you're already getting DVDS.

say if you had a couple of internet m8's living close to you, they could help you out sometimes ! review this dvd and you can have it ? would you turn down that offer ? and the money goes straight down your pocket you make on the site with out doing a finger "allmost" you have to deliver the dvd to your m8 and update the site with what he wrote ! but that could allso be done automaticly

you should be paying monthly income x 12. it looksl like you're doing monthly income x 24. You shouldn't pay 2 years worth of profit for a website.

Jeff is right... I think the asking price is too much... at least from what you have presented here.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

Thank you all for your views and suggestions. The site has now been purchased by one of my colleagues for an undisclosed fee.

Our deciding factor was the potential the site showed. We as team feel that there is a lot of scope for enhancement and hope to display that in the coming month!

Once again thanks