Thread: Bad clients?!

Bad clients?!

I'd like to ask you if something could be done the other way round.
    I'm prob going to sign up with a UK host as soon as I'm ready, and I constantly monitor their forums checking their level of support, which appears to be one of the greatest issues here.
    Strangely I read a negative post, with a client complaining.
    Usernames can be changed easily, but what if I asked about this client of theirs? If he has been an idiot with others it might come up.
    Hosts and clients, what do you think?

There is a saying. You can't please all of the people all of the time. You can have a really good reputation for customer service but everyone slips up, or a customer will complain. Also people are normally a lot quicker to complain than compliment. The best way to find out if a host is good is to actually go with them.

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Well, hopefully most hosts still respect their own privacy policy...
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

jvds is 100% right. You cannot please everyone. There are people that will pay as little as possible (and haggle pre-sign up), then expect round the clock 30 second response times. The minute the server they are on as much as stutters, you can guarantee if you have forums they'll be flooding it with insults and angry ultimatums. Now does it make a bad host because they get the very odd minute of downtime - usually it's a scheduled maintenance reboot!
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Re: Bad clients?!

Originally posted by 777
    Strangely I read a negative post, with a client complaining.
    That could be a good thing for a potential client to see. How the host handles it. No provider is without their own faults, that's the nature of the beast. Seeing how problems are resolved should do one of two things...prompt you to sign up or keep looking.

Good luck in your search.

Gary

Bad clients?!
    There is such a thing as a bad client. I'm sure everyone knows the "impossible" kind of individual. The type of guy that is never satisfied no matter what you do, he's always right and he never makes a mistake.
    Such a human being will ask for help with website design/programming and other things that are not the job of a host. When help is denied he'll accuse the host of not providing support and complain all over the net about it. It just makes you sick.

It's called bad parenting
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting