Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Becoming a community liason / guide / leader

I really want to contribute to WHT and want to know what the process is for becoming a laison / guide / leader. Is there a minimum number of posts or months of membership to become one of the above?

How would I go about becoming one of the above? Any thoughts welcome

On occasion they accept applications. Some positions people are asked to join in on.

Originally posted by JTY
    On occasion they accept applications. Some positions people are asked to join in on.
    Okay, do you know who I would need to contact? Is there one specific person I should PM (say) Dennis or one of the community leaders?

Threads similar to this will be posted next time we need extra help.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=225058

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Threads similar to this will be posted next time we need extra help.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=225058
    That thread wasn't posted too long ago. Are you still looking for help? A could help as a Community Guide as my understanding of a Community Guide is that they simply keep threads on topic etc.

I applied both times positions were vacant and got nowhere
    nu-metal.org :: coming soon

Obviously we can't accept all those who apply. I mean 100 may have chosen the web hosting /reseller/dedicated forums for instance. Another 80 Running/control panel/ecommerce

I can assure you it isn't an easy task choosing the better man/woman for the job

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Obviously we can't accept all those who apply. I mean 100 may have chosen the web hosting /reseller/dedicated forums for instance. Another 80 Running/control panel/ecommerce

I can assure you it isn't an easy task choosing the better man/woman for the job
    Are there any forums / sections that are in need of modorating? I wont be picky, i'll take anything you can throw at me

i'll even be willing to clean out some of those advertising forums....they are in need of some attention from what I have heard

Talking

Being persistent does pay off in the long run...I like to see such an optimistic attitude and one day you will make it..keep on trying and I hope when they(WHT) do require help you will be there to apply early the next time.

Good luck.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

If someone is a little too keen to be a Guide, Liaison or a Leader, then IMO, they're not the one for the task. I think that for some, it's more about having the title, than actually being a servent to the community.

To be a Liaison or a Leader, you really need to have been here for a couple of years, and pretty much have the respect of the community, although I don't know half the Liaisons as it is.

You may see threads popping up every so often saying that we are accepting applications for Community Liaison and Community Guide positions.

We will then make a decision on who we are going to appoint as a Community Liaison or Community Guide from the applications received.

Sometimes we will appoint Community Liaisons and Community Guides by invitation if we feel a specific person will add value to the community.

Community Leaders are appointed by invitation only - there is no application process for that position. Community Leaders don't get added very often though.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    although I don't know half the Liaisons as it is.

That 'coz we hide from you Bob
    http://www.eBoundary.com - Let us help you expand your eBoundaries!
    Fast, Secure and reliable FreeBSD shared, reseller and dedicated hosting.
    FREE Peace of mind with every account!

okay, when you need help I will contact you. I don't want a position for the title, It's just that when I'm moving around WHT, I see things like a thread that has been completely trashed, and yet no one has come in and closed it, and I think, hey, I could have fixed that.

I will be waiting

Bub if you see a problem witha post, just give a freindly click on the "Report this post to a Community Leader" link.

Well, you can fix that. Use the report to community leader link at the bottom of the post

I use the report to Com Leader

Originally posted by eBoundary
    Well, you can fix that. Use the report to community leader link at the bottom of the post
    It took me a while to hit send apparently

I view the 'Report this post to a community leader' as more of a faculity to report spamming or serious problems.......

Use it to report any post you want us to look at despite what that message says. It's the easiest/quickest way to get a response.

Originally posted by Bub Host
    I view the 'Report this post to a community leader' as more of a faculity to report spamming or serious problems.......
    Just view yourself as a secret undercover Liaison, who reports all rule violations using that link.

Bub Host, you don't need a title to help the community. Like the others have said, if you really want to help, report posts you think don't conform to forum rules.
    More mods is not the answer. Community participation is the answer.
    The only reason I can see to persue this is to get a CL title.
    Leave the vanity at the door and just do the right thing.

Quote: The only reason I can see to persue this is to get a CL title.

THIS IS NOT THE REASON, I swear! I just never thought / realized the 'Report this post to a community leader' was for this sort of thing. I will use it from now on

It's alright. =) Glad someone could help you regarding that function. With the great WHT staff we have here just about anything you report is seen by half a dozen people in about 10 minutes (and no I'm not joking either).
    TradeViceroy

That depends on the time of the day and which time zone the reporter is in, Chase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast