Thread: Good hosts

Good hosts

Does anyone know good dedicated hosts, unmanaged, with a chicago location for under 150 dollars? Looking for good customer support, and good quality, with at least 500 gb bandwith. thanks

why do you need it to be in Chicago? Is that where you are located?

You're seeking a dedicated server, so it's not like you can walk in and mess with the hardware, so why do you need it to be in Chicago?

I'm just curious... There are a few good dedicated providers out there that fit your budget, but they aren't in Chicago.

Because I run a GameServer company and due to latency, Chicago is where I need the box to be located so that my servers are the best quality... Wish I could get an SM but I can't get Dallas

Re: Good hosts

Originally posted by ChaosHosting
    Does anyone know good dedicated hosts, unmanaged, with a chicago location for under 150 dollars? Looking for good customer support, and good quality, with at least 500 gb bandwith. thanks

FDC Servers
    www FDCservers net

Don't know if they are good or bad, just that they are in Chicago.

Try servercentral.com.

You may try out interquad and httpd.net (FOONET) as both of them are utilizing SC bandwidth as well.

You might try going to the fdcservers forums and asking a few questions.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Try servercentral.com.

You may try out interquad and httpd.net (FOONET) as both of them are utilizing SC bandwidth as well.
    Hehe, my mistake, it's servercentral.net. I've edited my post. What is the httpd/foonet website? httpd.net doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by Rahil; 03-16-2004 at 09:07 PM.

hm, servercentral is a bit pricey, i like gowebman, but the machine specs look low, i do NOT want a laggy box, anyone have input?

Hostway has datacenter in Chicago. but their price is mid $200

mike

Anyone else?

I can not say that I hear anything too great about FDC (search for FDCservers here on WHT), and I have not personally used Servercentral (though I do really like their IRC server. Great connectivity and hardly ever splits).

Interquad is a company which I sort of dealt with a while ago. I had a dedicated server through a reseller of theirs. I have to say that I did really like their network. Great speeds and uptime.

I would go with either Interquad or Servercentral if I were you. Both seem like capable providers.

I'm probably going to buy interquad, just wondering if anyone has ever had a bad experience with them?

I don't want to be on the same post as CIT
    Warpline Hosting: LiteSpeed Powered SSD Web Hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS Hosting
    Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, Payza, and PayPal accepted.

Originally posted by miakeru
    I can not say that I hear anything too great about FDC (search for FDCservers here on WHT), and I have not personally used Servercentral (though I do really like their IRC server. Great connectivity and hardly ever splits).

Interquad is a company which I sort of dealt with a while ago. I had a dedicated server through a reseller of theirs. I have to say that I did really like their network. Great speeds and uptime.

I would go with either Interquad or Servercentral if I were you. Both seem like capable providers.
    i had a few problems with them over downtime and when i complained i got a rude email back from them

Who is them?
    Warpline Hosting: LiteSpeed Powered SSD Web Hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS Hosting

interquad, any way you can mebe cut down on the setup fee for me?

Well, we have a waiting list and I've been getting slammed with orders -- the reason for the setup fees was to kill some of those orders Which server(s) were you wanting? I *might* be able to depending on the server.

Originally posted by l00king
    i had a few problems with them over downtime and when i complained i got a rude email back from them
    Yeah, who are you talking about here? FDC, SC, or IQ?