Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Good hosts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,274

    Good hosts

    Does anyone know good dedicated hosts, unmanaged, with a chicago location for under 150 dollars? Looking for good customer support, and good quality, with at least 500 gb bandwith. thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    889
    why do you need it to be in Chicago? Is that where you are located?

    You're seeking a dedicated server, so it's not like you can walk in and mess with the hardware, so why do you need it to be in Chicago?

    I'm just curious... There are a few good dedicated providers out there that fit your budget, but they aren't in Chicago.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,274
    Because I run a GameServer company and due to latency, Chicago is where I need the box to be located so that my servers are the best quality... Wish I could get an SM but I can't get Dallas

  4. #4

    Re: Good hosts

    Originally posted by ChaosHosting
    Does anyone know good dedicated hosts, unmanaged, with a chicago location for under 150 dollars? Looking for good customer support, and good quality, with at least 500 gb bandwith. thanks


    FDC Servers
    www FDCservers net

    Don't know if they are good or bad, just that they are in Chicago.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    441

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,974
    Try servercentral.com.

    You may try out interquad and httpd.net (FOONET) as both of them are utilizing SC bandwidth as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,584
    You might try going to the fdcservers forums and asking a few questions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    441
    Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Try servercentral.com.

    You may try out interquad and httpd.net (FOONET) as both of them are utilizing SC bandwidth as well.
    Hehe, my mistake, it's servercentral.net. I've edited my post. What is the httpd/foonet website? httpd.net doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by Rahil; 03-16-2004 at 09:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,274
    hm, servercentral is a bit pricey, i like gowebman, but the machine specs look low, i do NOT want a laggy box, anyone have input?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,479

  11. #11
    Hostway has datacenter in Chicago. but their price is mid $200

    mike

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,274
    Anyone else?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,182
    I can not say that I hear anything too great about FDC (search for FDCservers here on WHT), and I have not personally used Servercentral (though I do really like their IRC server. Great connectivity and hardly ever splits).

    Interquad is a company which I sort of dealt with a while ago. I had a dedicated server through a reseller of theirs. I have to say that I did really like their network. Great speeds and uptime.

    I would go with either Interquad or Servercentral if I were you. Both seem like capable providers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,274
    I'm probably going to buy interquad, just wondering if anyone has ever had a bad experience with them?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    237
    I don't want to be on the same post as CIT
    Warpline Hosting: LiteSpeed Powered SSD Web Hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS Hosting
    Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, Payza, and PayPal accepted.

  16. #16
    Originally posted by miakeru
    I can not say that I hear anything too great about FDC (search for FDCservers here on WHT), and I have not personally used Servercentral (though I do really like their IRC server. Great connectivity and hardly ever splits).

    Interquad is a company which I sort of dealt with a while ago. I had a dedicated server through a reseller of theirs. I have to say that I did really like their network. Great speeds and uptime.

    I would go with either Interquad or Servercentral if I were you. Both seem like capable providers.
    i had a few problems with them over downtime and when i complained i got a rude email back from them

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    237
    Who is them?
    Warpline Hosting: LiteSpeed Powered SSD Web Hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS Hosting
    Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, Payza, and PayPal accepted.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,274
    interquad, any way you can mebe cut down on the setup fee for me?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    237
    Well, we have a waiting list and I've been getting slammed with orders -- the reason for the setup fees was to kill some of those orders Which server(s) were you wanting? I *might* be able to depending on the server.
    Warpline Hosting: LiteSpeed Powered SSD Web Hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS Hosting
    Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, Payza, and PayPal accepted.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7
    Originally posted by l00king
    i had a few problems with them over downtime and when i complained i got a rude email back from them
    Yeah, who are you talking about here? FDC, SC, or IQ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •