Thread: eNom Reseller

* eNom Reseller

What do I do about getting a eNom reseller for domains?

Approx what is the price and what kind of deals do you get after you sell domains?

Thanks,
    JEZZO

It all depends on what the person that sets up your reseller account sets your minimum selling price at. After that if you're going to use enom for your credit card processing & registry rocket you have to add processing fee's on top of it, then tack on what you want to make in profit and you can figure out how much you'll make.

Can't find their exact fee's right now, but I'm sure if you check out enom.com it's on there. But that's the basics of it.
    Matt Walters
    http://mattwalters.net/ - Weblog

So how much do the domains sell for?

Whatever you set them to sell for, you have control over it in your reseller control panel with them. You just have to make sure you cover the processing fee for the credit card stuff.

It's a basic formula. The person that sets up your account, let's say they give you an 8.95 account, it would be:

8.95 + processing fee's = your cost
    Your Cost + Profit you want to make per domain = selling price
    Matt Walters

I found this from a previous account I used to have with them before getting my lower-priced one.

When setting up your prices, be sure to consider the merchant fees ($0.95 + 3% on each transaction). See here how is your commission calculated:
    Your profit = Your retail price - $0.95 - (Your retail price * 3%) - Your wholesale price

To get a profit, please calculate your end user price with this formula:
    Your retail price >= (Your wholesale price + 0.95) / 0.97
    Matt Walters

also

Whatever you set them to sell for, you have control over it in your reseller control panel with them. You just have to make sure you cover the processing fee for the credit card stuff.
    don't forget that if your a reseller setup under a reseller you cannot beat there lowest price. So if you wanna offer a special next month any .com .net transfer for 9.99 and I set you up as a reseller under me and I charge 10.50 for transfers you cannot beat my price!!!

You only have complete control if you get it directly from enom ,but then its one heck of a startup price...

Seems trivial , but I signed up thinking I could sell for anything over my buy price too.... good thing I had a standby since I already advertised it lol
    Well you did know kiwi's have more vitamin C than oranges....right??

"When setting up your prices, be sure to consider the merchant fees ($0.95 + 3% on each transaction). See here how is your commission calculated:
    Your profit = Your retail price - $0.95 - (Your retail price * 3%) - Your wholesale price

To get a profit, please calculate your end user price with this formula:
    Your retail price >= (Your wholesale price + 0.95) / 0.97"

Matt... this account was from me... right? I recognize the text.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

Zoli -
    Not sure, honestly, I signed up for it quite awhile back so it's entirely possible. Actually just looked at your domain in your sig, yep, it was through you, hope you don't mind me quoting it, but it was a good way to answer the question.

And Kiwi_Tech, that's exactly what I said Selective quoting = bad However not a big issue since my original post is here. And honestly, you never have complete control over it, anyone selling a good should understand they have to sell for more then their cost. Even if you go straight to enom and lay down a huge deposit, you still have to sell over a certain price to beat your cost. The formula I pasted from the email works like a charm, it's how I've figured out all my domain pricing ever since I got it. And actually your message is a little deceiving (although I know you didn't mean it to be on purpose). You can't even beat their lowest price, you can only go as low as they set your buying price to be.
    Last edited by mwalters; 03-17-2004 at 10:48 AM.
    Matt Walters

Matt.... no problem at all... feel free to quote me whenever you want. I feel like somebody famous...
    >> Business Blog

ok I'll start from scratch...since what I posted wasn't understood

I agree about deceiving however its by enom and 80% of there resellers.

START ENTIRE QUOTE

It's a basic formula. The person that sets up your account, let's say they give you an 8.95 account, it would be:

8.95 + processing fee's = your cost
    Your Cost + Profit you want to make per domain = selling price

END ENTIRE QUOTE

You are making it sound like if I signup through you and you set my buy rate at 8.95 then I can sell for whatever I want over my but rate correct?? NO thats not correct If I want to sell for .50 cents over my buy rate I MAY or MAY NOT be able to! If you as the person who brought me in(parent reseller) choose to sell on your own personal site for $14.00 per domain. Then I cannot set my selling price at 12.00 per domain. So how is that is any way shape or form considered whatever you set them to sell for?

here this is directly from ENOMS pricing setup on my buyrate of 8.95

Your update was not successful. The following errors occurred during your request:
    .com: Register Retail price is not higher than parent reseller account by sufficient amount. Minimum price is: 10.20
    .com: Renew Retail price is not higher than parent reseller account by sufficient amount. Minimum price is: 10.20
    .com: Transfer Retail price is not higher than parent reseller account by sufficient amount. Minimum price is: 10.20 Your update was not successful. The following errors occurred during your request:

Here is a good analogy for you I'm selling oranges for 2 dollars a piece and schnucks,piggly-wiggly,walmart,(insert grocery store) comes and tells me I have to charge at least what they are charging since I purchased the oranges from them.

your right though my bad on the partial quote

so from now on all examples should be based on .02 over what the parent reseller charges on there website!! not based on buy rates. If we are gonna be upfront especially since alot of people read and go sign-up immediatly

picture attached incase people still don't get it..
    http://www.kiwi-tech.net/ENOM_OMFG

I'm not sure what the person who opened my account is selling at currently, but I know they've sold for more then what I sell at at times.

Maybe it's my old school account, I dunno, but obviously you found a scenario where I'm incorrect.

In your screenshot, what did you try to set your prices at before it gave the error message? You have me curious now, because I've sold at cost before (cost being my cost + processing fees) during sale specials, and enom had no problem with me doing this.
    Matt Walters

So where can I get a good deal on an account?

set it up

for 9.99 then moved to 10.20 like it said too and it made me go a penny higher lol

Maybe you are grandfathered in I dunno I know this got me heated! I was like wtf since I had already advertised the special at 9.99 transfer I was really ticked.

Thing that really got me was what if parent account was selling at like 10.00 then all of a sudden went to 24.95 (Like Yahoo LOL) would all my prices instantly be bumped or what would happen?
    So the fact that they could have control on what I offer really didn't sit well with me. So i'm on a crusade to make sure others don't get caught up. Reason I even looked at enom was the api seems to work really well with whois.cart where I haven't heard many speak about experience with godaddy/wild's api system.

Maybe we should have me signup under you mwalters and see what we can figure out. Maybe if you move yours down then after I set my prices move em back up to see.
    I know enom took a while to get back to me when I wrote then regarding all this

and to jezzo with the above in mind price right now are
    enom reseller 8.95 ? (see ABOVE) lol
    ServerFly they never contacted me back so I don't know
    aitdomains 7.99 java is buggy $1.00 startup
    registerengine 8.75 seems nice easy setup
    directi 6.99 IF you prepay $75.00
    godaddy/wildwest 6.75 plus 25% commission and $99.00 year

here is formula for godaddywildwest as it took me a while to totally understand

Reseller Pricing
    As of December 30, 2003
    You set the retail price to $8.75 for a one-year registration.
    Your cost for the one-year registration would be:

Your Wholesale Price.......... $6.75
    PLUS: Revenue Share.........$0.50 - 25% of $2.00 ($8.75 less $6.75)
    Your Cost.........................$7.25

IMHO
    so bottom line if your just starting out get a free account

registerengine , aitdomains , enom

if you have enough people to make back the 99 a year fee godaddy/wildwest is the best deal dollar for dollar.

sorry I'm trying to stop typing!!!
    if you charge 12.00 a year for domains below is chart

enom 12.00 - 8.95 = 3.05 (kinda)
    atidomains 12.00 -8.95 = 3.05
    daddy/wwd 12.00 - 6.75 (25%) = 3.94

If you have an 8.95 account, the reason you have to price at at least 10.20 is not because of what your parent is selling at, it's because you have to cover ALL of your cost. You aren't taking into account the processing fee's, see my previous post for the formula.

Just like if you got a 7.95 account you'd have to sell at the lowest price of 9.18. It has nothing to do with what your parent is charging, it has to do with what your parent set your minimum buying cost at.
    Matt Walters

Re: set it up

KIWI_TECH::Thing that really got me was what if parent account was selling at like 10.00 then all of a sudden went to 24.95 (Like Yahoo LOL) would all my prices instantly be bumped or what would happen?

yes, your "buy" price is determined by your upstream provider and your sell price *must* at least cover the cost, so your prices woudl go up

thats why IMHO you should always get your sub accounts from a reputable enom ETP so less people in the chain that can affect your pricing (you, the ETP and enom only)

*decent* etp's will set the pricing and enter into a contract with you stating that unless enoms prices go up they wont put your prices up. zoli for example follows that principle.

if you get an enom 8.95 a/c then *your* price to register is 8.95 simple as that !

if you want enom to handle the workload for you and you to use registry rocket, then they charge *you* 95c+3% to cover their processing and c/card fees

so the min you can sell for is 10.21 appx, enom *wont* let you lose money on a trasaction, although they will let you make nothing
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

OK, this thread is getting entirely too confusing for someone that might come along and read it, let me clear some things up about getting an enom reseller account.

- When you get the account, your ETP sets your buy price. This has to be above THEIR buy price.
    - When you sell domains, you have to cover YOUR buy price + processing fees. So if you had an 8.95 account, you would have to sell at at least 10.20 per domain to cover all cost.
    - Your ETP CAN increase YOUR buy price, this would mean that your SELLING price would have to be raised.
    - Your SELLING price is NOT connected to your ETP's selling price.
    Matt Walters

My enom reseller account is 7.95 domains w/ a 3% restocking fee.

I do one time big payments to get enom 'credits'

And cover billing using my own processor.
    --

well mwalters I sent the email from enom back to enom for clarification.

I'm just going by what THEY told me directly.

Maybe someone needs to just make a sticky updated monthly with top 5-10 listed from cheapest to highest.

so the cheapest any enom who doesn't buy in bulk or directly from enom can go is 10.21 a year.

enom is WAAAAY to expensive.......look into DirectI.com they are far better with better prices and features!

enom: more expensive than directi but a lot more reliable than directi.
    >> Business Blog

eNom accounts can be had as low as $6.95 for .com etc, but you have to buy those accts (become a subaccount to someone else) or else make a $6950 deposit into your eNom account (become what eNom calls an ETP).

If and only if you use eNom's cerdit card processing to sell domains are you forced into a minimum selling price. If you sell them manually or using software that talks to eNom's API you can sel them for whatever you wish, or even give them away like we do with new hosting accounts.

One caution - if you are a sub account, I don't think there is anything you can do about it if your parent reseller decide to change prices on you...

Originally posted by webgusto
    One caution - if you are a sub account, I don't think there is anything you can do about it if your parent reseller decide to change prices on you...
    This is why you need to have a good relationship with your reseller or have your reseller a trusted company / person.
    >> Business Blog

well, whether its good or bad you'll have to determine but ask a few questions ...

1. have you *ever* heard of the company ?
    2. if they offer such great deals and they're not ICANN reg'd then they cant be making much if anything ($6 to nsi, $0.20 to icann, ? to their registrar) doesn't leave a lot of room
    3. according to their website, mail fwdg etc are 1.95, dns management is 1.95 etc all of which you'd get *included* with a standard enom account
    4. several pages of the site fail to load with servlet errors

Now do *you* want to trust your money and *your* business future with them .... yeah they're cheap but ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Good points Rob...
    >> Business Blog

I meant, the selling of eNom 6.95$ accounts via eBay .... not very safe as they can increase the price anytime... ?

The link you talk about is actually not an enom account... But, yes, it is advised to get feedback about the seller before buying an account.
    >> Business Blog