Detect cell phone microbrowsers in Agent string?

I want to redirect cell phones (with microbrowsers) to the proper page on my site, AND keep regular web browsers out of the pages designed for cell phones. I don't see any guideliness for identifying cell phones... perhaps any reference to WML or WAP would be enough?

Superior, CO, USA
    I too have not come up with a good way to do this. Browser sniffing opens up a huge can of worms and I could never get it 100% correct.

Please realize that there are really three catagories:
    [list=1][*]Normal browsers on a large screen[*]XHTML based cell phones (the newer ones)[*]and WML based phones[/list=1]
    The first two can really be one in the same - XHTML works fine on an old Netscape 4.7 browser along with browsers that implement the newest standards.

The only way I have found to handle the WML based browsers is to publish a different URL - i.e. There may be a better way but it does work and it is similar to the way that CNN, and others do it.

Hi ,

Please have a look into the following URL's to know the usability of WML browsers which indicates the degree of user-friendly of a system.

Hope you will get enough info from this URl.