Any registrars that include DNS?

do any reasonably priced registrars include free dns with a web management interface? my web host has a really ****** dns system. i know i can contract with someone like easydns, but it's a little pricey for a single domain. i don't have much confidence in the free dns servers either. godaddy, from what i understand, will do dns, but only for parked domains or domains hosted by them.

With Godaddy you can update your DNS to what ever you want. If that was the case, Godaddy would not be as big as it is today.

EV1servers has domains for $6.95, you can give them a try as well.
    - Providing premium web hosting solutions since 2003
    |Managed Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Web Design | Server Management |

Originally posted by serverplace
    With Godaddy you can update your DNS to what ever you want. If that was the case, Godaddy would not be as big as it is today.

EV1servers has domains for $6.95, you can give them a try as well.
    if you mean you can specify your domain's dns servers to be any name servers you like, then that's true of virtually all registrars. if you're claiming that they'll host your dns without doing parking or hosting the web site itself, then that's not my understanding.

i'm not looking for a new web host.

namebargain.com same kickass interface as Register.com but it's their budget domain site (all support is via email)
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

I am not totally understanding what you are saying. Are you trying to specify your own dns? Or are you talking about DNS servers?
    - Providing premium web hosting solutions since 2003
    |Managed Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Web Design | Server Management |

Originally posted by datums
    namebargain.com same kickass interface as Register.com but it's their budget domain site (all support is via email)
    Register.com kickass interface? Never heard anyone who thinks they have a great interface, quite the opposite
    Domain Maven

I have been using them since 98 Before the monopoly, when they used to resell NSI. I have never had a problem with their interface. It's very easy to use. Has all the functionality I would need to make changes to my domain. I have also tried godaddy but it's not as userfriendly.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

I would recommend Registerfly.com
    ^_^

godaddy.com is the best,I got it registered with them yesterday and there service is so good

enom.com has a pretty decent DNS setup for domains registered with them, I've used it a time or two even myself.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Re: Any registrars that include DNS?

Originally posted by Eli Johnson
    do any reasonably priced registrars include free dns with a web management interface? my web host has a really ****** dns system. i know i can contract with someone like easydns, but it's a little pricey for a single domain. i don't have much confidence in the free dns servers either. godaddy, from what i understand, will do dns, but only for parked domains or domains hosted by them.
    I use godaddy for 2 of my 3 domains! They only bad thing about godaddy is that they dont have paypal

RegisterFly has nearly full zone file management (A record, CNAMES, MXE, MX etc..
    Domain Maven

i use free dns for myself domain now. it is good.
    SinYu Network

www.ongod.org

So, can anyone tell me - Was I mistaken about GoDaddy?

I've done some searches on the 'net and what I found was people stating that GoDaddy's "Total DNS Control" advertised on their web site can only be used if the domain is hosted by or parked at GoDaddy. Is that true or not?

If I can host the domain elsewhere and use GoDaddy's DNS then I'll move the domain registration to GoDaddy.

I just found out that Network Solutions includes DNS with domain registrations, but NSI isn't an option.

i think so you have to move it to godaddy.

but with enom it doesn't require to have the domain to be hosted with them.

there is so many dns providers around such as zoneedit.com sitelutions.com dnsmadeeasy.com easydns.com etc..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    [B]but with enom it doesn't require to have the domain to be hosted with them.
    I just looked at eNom's web site and yes, it appears they include managed DNS. However domain registrations are $30 per year.

Is the managed DNS included with domains registered through eNom resellers?

yes its included and yo ucan use namecheap or registerfly as an example.

or even get your self an enom retail account
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Must eNom resellers offer DNS services.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

most registrars doesn't provide full DNS management. There's a free dns mgt that you can use anyway, try zoneedit.com. If you want paid DNS mgt try ultradns (they don't use bind).

but to really answer the question, try eNom.
    Web Burner Windows 2000 Hosting
    http://www.webburner.com
    Toll Free Phone: (877) 535-2876