Revenue from unused domains

One of our clients that uses our DNS services seems to be a cybersquatter.

I spoke to him today and he's looking for an easy way to turn a profit from his unused domains. He has about 600 domains that are not in use.

As he's also a colocation client with a fairly large commit, I decided to do some research for him in order to help him out.

One of the programs I came across after doing a search on WHT was RevenuePark, by DNS Made Easy (http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/s0306/prod/revpark.html). Anyone heard of this?

It seems like a good way to earn money on unused domains, but I'm wondering just how profitable he can expect it to be. He said that via searches, his unused domains get about 2,000 hits per day.

What do you think?

-Russ
    Sitelutions: www.sitelutions.com -- Reliable Hosting, Low-Cost Domains, Dynamic DNS
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.: www.inforelay.com
    Bulk Bandwidth Pricing, Unmetered Servers, Unbelievable Affordability -- Locations in: Ashburn, Los Angeles, Chicago, Reston, San Jose, Dallas, New York, Washington, DC.

Never heard of this. There are a few decent services like domainsponsor, google domain park which seem to pay out OK
    Domain Maven

"cybersquatter" is a derogatory term. If you plan to keep him as a client you might want to refer to him as "domain investor"

check http://www.payperclickhelp.com/ for more info
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Bashar and Dmaven.

The DNS Made Easy Revenue Park system seems to allow actual hosting -- a fairly automated setup of a hosted page using their system.

Do these other services offer something similar? Doesn't seem that way?

Thanks,
    Russell
    Sitelutions: www.sitelutions.com -- Reliable Hosting, Low-Cost Domains, Dynamic DNS
    Bulk Bandwidth Pricing, Unmetered Servers, Unbelievable Affordability -- Locations in: Ashburn, Los Angeles, Chicago, Reston, San Jose, Dallas, New York, Washington, DC.

Originally posted by timechange.com
    "cybersquatter" is a derogatory term. If you plan to keep him as a client you might want to refer to him as "domain investor"
    Hehe... cute... "domain investor." Actually when I last spoke to him, he referred to himself as a cybersquatter, so I doubt he takes offense.. but you're probably right in general.

-Russ

Originally posted by Rusty500
    Actually when I last spoke to him, he referred to himself as a cybersquatter, so I doubt he takes offense.. but you're probably right in general.

-Russ
    I think there is some confusion in the term, a cybersquatter is someone who registers one or more trademark infringing names not someone who simply registers a large amount of names. The term comes from people who squat in houses, if someone owned 10 houses he wouldn't be called a squatter. By him calling himself a cybersquatter he is basically saying he is breaking the law.

turning this thread to english 101 ?

let it go anyone can call himself anything he wants
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi