Lets Make an Industry Standard...

I have noticed when comparing dedicated server companies that the way they describe bandwidth is very irritating and hard to understand.
    Gnax.net and servermatrix.com both offer 1000GB bandwidth. However I learned that there is a big difference in 1000GB and 1000GB .

Gnax gives you 500GB in and 500GB out of bandwidth (totaling 1000).
    Servermatrix gives you 1000GB in and 1000GB out of bandwidth.

Which of those is the industry standard? Is it misleading on gnax's part to give you bandwidth like that?

If there is no standard lets make one... this is confusing!

i dont think you should be penalized for incoming bandwidth, only outgoing.

That can easily disable someone if they upload alot, but does distribute alot.

some of them are combined, for ex managed.com offers you 1000 but is combined download/upload

Most places that has the 500in/500out state that so it should not be confusing. But, to this day I have not seen a server go over 200 GB and I run a bussy server. Granit there are machines with large forums, etc that go over this but in the 2 years I have been hosting never have I used more then 200 GB in a month.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

yeah, i am starting to get the thought that not so honest companies do the combining. (with the exception of gnax)

sorry i replied while you were replying. Yes I know that really a server never goes over 200gb bandwidth. However there are host's like me who refuse to oversell :-/ so I need a server with 1000gb in and out bandwidth