Hybrid View

* Getting new clients?

Whats up everyone;
    I recently opened a webhosting website (From a reseller hosting company), i made the website, put it online and submitted to Google and other search engines, but NO CUSTOMERS ! I don't have many friends that need web hosting so i really can only find customers online! How can i do that? It has been 2 weeks since my website is on and no customers yet!! What can i do to make new customers??
    Thank you guys!
    ----------
    <<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-19-2004 at 08:26 PM.

Allright (don't take this the wrong way, trying to help here):

- your website, the 2 plans in the middle don't stand out. The top header is too large. If I were looking for hosting I'd be overwhelmed by all the logos (redhat, cisco, etc).

You basically only got 30 seconds to convince someone to stay and keep reading your sales pitch/site, so try and tweak that.

- pricing is actually good

- my criticism for the main page also applies to the plans page, domains page.

- you don't list any address info. People don't know you, so you need to earn there trust. So give em your address.

Basically I think any visitor gets lost...

but again, just my 2 c; Also, it takes a while to get your first customer, but if you deliver good service, then it gets a bit easier.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

I believe you do not have any focus point on the site. Also just advertising on search engines and WHT is just not enough.
    If you have some money, buy advert space. And also, you need to think, what am I doing that other hosts do not? If you do some thing different I’m sure you will get more interests.

Here’s what you can do:

- Goggle Ad words
    - More forums
    - Buy ads space
    - Give away hosting as competition to other sites.

lol.

This thread is funny.

OK... do you have legs? Can you walk?

Spend a few hours and make yourself a business card. Then get it printed. Then go visit (PERSONALLY) every business within 50 square miles from your house and tell the business owner why YOU are the best hosting company in the world.

You will get lots of customers this way.

Have you had any visitors reaching your site? Have you been tracking your logs? If you have people visiting the site, it may be a design/site related issue. Otherwise, it may be that that simply havn't had anyone reach your site yet. There are only so many people out there seeking web hosting, yet there are tens of thousands of hosts. You need to spread the word. Many will tell you that advertising on big websites such as Google is a waste of money. Adwords are going for as much as $5 per click! I would recommend finding some smaller websites that are offering competitive CPMs. Once you get a few customers, word-of-mouth is by far the best advertising. Provide excellent customer service.

OK... do you have legs? Can you walk?

Spend a few hours and make yourself a business card. Then get it printed. Then go visit (PERSONALLY) every business within 50 square miles from your house and tell the business owner why YOU are the best hosting company in the world.
    I totally agree, there are too many folks online to stand out. Your best bet is always to market locally when you start out. Let everyone one you know, and their friends know you are in biz.

Re: Getting new clients?

Originally posted by Zeu2004
    Whats up everyone;
    I recently opened a webhosting website (From a reseller hosting company), i made the website, put it online and submitted to Google and other search engines, but NO CUSTOMERS ! I don't have many friends that need web hosting so i really can only find customers online! How can i do that? It has been 2 weeks since my website is on and no customers yet!! What can i do to make new customers??
    Thank you guys!
    ----------
    wnportal.com
    Pay heed to what my preceeding posters have said and be patient and be prepaired to wait. It will at least be a year when you will see things to start settling in.

Asking questions is a good begining. Be never afraid of doing that as it will only help you.

Regards,
    Mediopia Technologies, Inc - Call Toll Free (24 x 7): 1-877-807-HOST
    Windows and Linux Reseller and Shared Web Hosting Plans
    SiteStudio, ASP, ASP.net, PHP, CGI, Coldfusion MX 6.1, Frontpage, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PgSQL ...
    http://www.mediopia.biz/

Create a business plan. Think about what your target group of possible clients is. Starting locally is often the best option. look how your competition is accessing the local market. If they are successful - maybe you can learn from their strategy?!
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

This isn't a business that you can get into and think you are going to get sales right away. It takes time and alot of work to do so. Unless you have alot of advertising funds behind you. So just take your time and focus on what market you want to get as your customers. The main thing to getting sales is lots of hard work. If you plan to stay in this business be ready to not have a life any longer.

I will agree, you can't expect to have a business for two weeks and already have customers. Some people get lucky, and manage to get a few in their first month or two. It takes time, start promoting your website accross the internet, talk with people and get people interested.

Put a nice signature on WHT promoting your site, and live on it for a week or two. They will come rolling in faster than you'll ever guess. It sounds basic, but it works pretty well. This will do for the meantime, then you can buy ad space on main stream web sites or forums.

Hey. If selling webhosting were easy, everyone would be doing it. The hard truth is, it's not.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

You need a sales person.

Many people launch a website and expect customers to just flood in. On the web, "if you build it, they will come" is just not true. You must advertise, advertise, advertise. Be persistant. The hosting market is very saturated so signup rates are not what they were a few years ago - there's a lot of competition. Make sure you are listed in all the search engines besides google. Don't forget directories either. Do some research on optimizing your site for search engines as well. Finally, you will need to analyse your visitor traffic and behaviors so you can tweak your site to produce the highest conversion ratios amongst people who actually reach your site. This takes a lot of time, research, and usually money.

Re: Re: New hosting business

Originally posted by TheFish
    I would show your support options a little more visible. There is no email address and no FAQ.
    Thanks for the reply. At the top of the page, there is a 'Contact Us' link. Do you think that this is acceptable for an e-mail address contact or should I do it differently? I think adding a faq would be a very good idea.

Thumbs up

Hi..

I think this a good thread and question because a lot of new webhosting company facing the same problem but they don't know or shy to highlight this issue.

BTW, thanks for highlight this issue...
    MyLabuan Web Design and WordPress Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

As someone who is supposed to start a dependable hosting service, you guys should have known this stuff ahead of time. This is far from a Get Rich Quick scheme which requires alot more knowledge than alot of people think. If you don't have it, you have to pay others who do.

A little tough love.
    viveHosting
    http://www.vivehosting.com
    Affordable Hosting, Reliable Service